E-Cigs and Juices

ddcboyle

SuperStu, I thought as much but hadn't seen it mentioned here. I just think not enough is known and apart from it being a replacement for cigs it also seems to be aimed as a recreational activity for none smokers too.

Most of my family are smokers so i do understand the addictive nature.

Kudos to those who have been able to break the habit :thumbs:

Edited by Fodder
  • Like 1

The e-liquids are perfectly safe, especially compared to cigarettes. If they ban them, which has been brought up and considered by some governments, surely they have to ban the 1000 times worse cigarette too?

You can make the liquids yourself too from products in Tesco, you just need the right mixture which is pretty obvious. All it is, is glycerine and food flavouring and if you want nicotine you can buy it online and add it too. 10mg strength = 10 gram per kilo of neutral liquid or 10 ml per liter is thats easier to measure but not as accurate.

I've not encountered a place that bans these yet, but places that do, do so out of ignorance or possibly to keep ignorant punters/customers happy. I want around Tesco puffing away, same goes for bar and restaurants. Not risking anyones health and everyone gets to smell a slight hint of bubblegum, banana or some other nice sweet smell :D

The French are planning on banning them from public places ***I believe*** but they seem to be doing so on the basis that it makes it harder to spot people having a crafty (and illegal) fag indoors when others are vaping around them. They've also got this new sledgehammer they bought and need to open a walnut.

Edited by SuperStu

As far as e cigs go, they are safe within reasonable use. Drinking liquid is bad buy that doesnt take much common sense to know. If you suck too hard you can damage your lungs and throat, this is never mentioned but should be.

As for recreational for non smokers, you get non nicotine ones which is just like the sheesha pipe (however its spelt). There isnt actually much harm in the uk produced liquids. The imported can be made with certain chemicals which havent been tested yet so, uk produced is fine but I tend to stay away from imported.

As for the title, its a bit of sarcasm. Smoking has never been cool as you get older. When your young I presume its peer pressure. I started at 22 and was more out of pure boredom on tour than anything. 20 guys out of 25 smoked so everyone was in the smoking area 24.7, so thats how I started. Just getting to the point of e cigs being cooler than normal cigs as atleast your trying to get away from the unhealthyness. As reiterated before, I have no intetion of giving up nicotine addiction as I like the feeling. I dont drink much and never done drugs, so its just a hobbie really. (Sounds bad but it basically is)

The French are planning on banning them from public places ***I believe*** but they seem to be doing so on the basis that it makes it harder to spot people having a crafty (and illegal) fag indoors when others are vaping around them. They've also got this new sledgehammer they bought and need to open a walnut.

The have shops in France that only sell e-cig and not the tobacco type. :blush:

I use one of those here in sunny England, in fact, I think there's a few ;)

• Like 1

I'd be comfortable to say almost every country in the world has a few now. There's one not far from me where I get my liquids. They have them made in the UK for them and I can't seem to beat their prices online. I do however get the hardware on eBay as it's cheaper.

Just because the ingredients are safe, doesn't necessarily mean the end product is.

One can make all kinds of explosives using simple household items.

-Tyler Durden

:lol:

Haha this is true, but mixing food flavouring and glycerine is safe, since they've been in cakes together for generations :p

• Like 1

I gave up over 30 years ago because they went up to £2 a packet and I thought how ridiculous it was to waist so much money on a packet each day 365 days a year - and how much are they now £7 to £8 ! Can`t believe anyone is prepared to pay that and end up smelling like an ash tray and then probably suffer the associated health problems. I know there were odd times when they were enjoyable - with a coffee, with a pint, after a meal, but the rest of the time was just habit. The wife gave up shortly after we got together 10 years ago when we realised we wouldn`t have a future together me being so anti smoking and her stinking of fags all the time. We reckoned up just the other day that if we both still smoked a packet apiece each day we would be spending well over £400 a month and I can think of dozens of better things to spend that on. It only takes will power, and the wife has none, so if she can do it anyone can then you have all that money each month to spend on the car or bike !

All this moaning about fag smoke and yet we drive one of the most air polluting cars ever made!

Some good interesting points here, thank you. I'm the first to admit I'm naive about these things but that"vaping" ad is just so wrong on many levels it made me think.

To me as someone who has never smoked and has no intention of trying these things I appreciate you all responding in a good balanced way. I know I can come across as a pompous pratt at times :)

I do believe it needs regulating and more impartial research to be fair. Some of you have said that you only but UK produced products, without regulation I wouldn't trust that statement. After all we trusted the major food distributors that we were buying beef.

• Like 1

I gave up over 30 years ago because they went up to £2 a packet and I thought how ridiculous it was to waist so much money on a packet each day 365 days a year - and how much are they now £7 to £8 ! Can`t believe anyone is prepared to pay that and end up smelling like an ash tray and then probably suffer the associated health problems. I know there were odd times when they were enjoyable - with a coffee, with a pint, after a meal, but the rest of the time was just habit. The wife gave up shortly after we got together 10 years ago when we realised we wouldn`t have a future together me being so anti smoking and her stinking of fags all the time. We reckoned up just the other day that if we both still smoked a packet apiece each day we would be spending well over £400 a month and I can think of dozens of better things to spend that on. It only takes will power, and the wife has none, so if she can do it anyone can then you have all that money each month to spend on the car or bike !

All this moaning about fag smoke and yet we drive one of the most air polluting cars ever made!

Ye' but driving our air polluting cars is more fun than smoking... ;)

• Like 4

smoking is never cool

Not true:

bob-marley.jpg

;)

Ive pretty much given up smoking ciggies now, I used to be a 20 Benson a day man but the cost got too much so I switched to rolling baccy. Not only is it a shedload cheaper, Ive naturally progressed to smoking less and less so Im now at the point where I might have a cheeky one on the way to work but thats it, other than that I only smoke when I drink (unfortunately I drink all the time :lol:).

Its taken no thought or effort on my part, its just kinda "happened" and I know a few other lads who are similar, might be worth a go if you dont get on with the e-cig things :)

I was sooooo happy when the smoking ban came in. Wouldn't want to go back to being in pubs and restaurants breathing in other people's smoke thank you very much.

E cigs is water vapour. Its just like having 20 people in a pub boiling water in a kettle.

I am on e cigs and still agree that theres time and place to use it. Im not saying I would stand outside and smoke it, but I wouldnt smoke it in a cinema

I was sooooo happy when the smoking ban came in. Wouldn't want to go back to being in pubs and restaurants breathing in other people's smoke thank you very much.

E cigs is water vapour. Its just like having 20 people in a pub boiling water in a kettle.

I am on e cigs and still agree that theres time and place to use it. Im not saying I would stand outside and smoke it, but I wouldnt smoke it in a cinema

He'll I use it in the cinema all the time :lol: I've never had anyone question me using it, except people looking to know if they're working and where to get them. If someone has a problem with me exhaling 100mg or less of water vapour in. 2 hour movie, then they need to take a serious look at themselves.

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

I do believe it needs regulating and more impartial research to be fair. Some of you have said that you only but UK produced products, without regulation I wouldn't trust that statement. After all we trusted the major food distributors that we were buying beef.

This will come in time, I believe the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) is already considering how to implement regulations/guidance as to how eCigs will be regulated in the UK, both from a perspective of the vapours inhaled and the devices used to inhale. This will then likely open the door to the taxman taking his significant cut so would expect prices to increase as they have done year on year with cigarettes.

I think its normally obvious if someone is actually smoking or vaping. Granted you need to be close to see it as smoke is smoke unless close.

Personally i dont agree with vaping in close proximaty to some random person, as if you can imagine the whole cinema doing it, except 1 person. Their going to be smoked out to hell and it all gets banned. If im sitting at the back and no1 near me, ill use it because its no smoke infront of screen, or near any1 so cant anoy anybody. I can see the point of it being annoying though.

Would put up a good argument in a court though. Smoking is bad because of health. So cant smoke in a cinema.

But, if vaping is annoying people, i could argue for hours about the constant russling of popcorn and pick and mix, talking children, say im on a diet and i dont want to see people around me eating :lol: but i do see where their coming from with the vapour. But, if im in a building, standing in a corner away from everyone using it, whats the big deal?

I have officially been a e-cig smoker for the past two months. At first it wasn't that easy, but after two weeks my whole opinion changed! I have no desire to pick up a cigarette. As the smell/ taste is nasty. Ha.

I use the totally wicked tornado-t. Which is a good starter one. Good value.

This will come in time, I believe the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) is already considering how to implement regulations/guidance as to how eCigs will be regulated in the UK, both from a perspective of the vapours inhaled and the devices used to inhale. This will then likely open the door to the taxman taking his significant cut so would expect prices to increase as they have done year on year with cigarettes.

They will 100% put the price up and tax the hell out of e-cigs. The government make a fortune on tabacco tax, quite bad really, trying to make a profit on addiction, but one day barely anyone will smoke. Even in the past 5 years there has been a massive drop in smokers, and obviously a massive hike in electronic cigarettes, even though they have been around for years upon years, its quite a big deal now. So, where do they get the extra money when no1 smokes? either smack up some tax on fuel or other products, or, just hit the smokers again.

Aslong as they dont be stupid with tax and import prices etc etc etc, i wont have an issue paying a few quid more for certain items. At the moment its £5 a little bottle, they probably make them for 20p, middleman sells at £1, and we buy at £5. Aslong as im not paying 10-15 for a tiny little bottle itll be fine. Otherwise, no-one saves money and they move onto the next thing. (hopefully some cool little gadget you can play around with aswell :lol: )

I have officially been a e-cig smoker for the past two months. At first it wasn't that easy, but after two weeks my whole opinion changed! I have no desire to pick up a cigarette. As the smell/ taste is nasty. Ha.

I use the totally wicked tornado-t. Which is a good starter one. Good value.

Alot of people are using tornado at my work, which top do you have? the string at the top or string at the bottom? Always find those with the string at the top are useless after the bottle is half empty.

I'd just like to add, the 'vapor' you exhale isn't just water, it also contains nicotine (assuming you are using a fluid containing nicotine in the first place). This is another of the reasons they are starting to be banned in non-smoking places.