This Could Get Expensive

Hi All

Back in the market for something for myself, now the family car is paid for. The 350Z appears to be everything I'm looking for,without a winning Lotto ticket to hand.

I wont be buying one for a little while, as i'm in no rush. i'm still not sure exactly which coupe variant to go for either. I'm looking at spending between £7-8k so obviously a tidy 313 is out of the window but opinions, pitfalls and info on spec variations will be gratefully received.

Red is my prefered colour but seeing as it appears to only have been applied to these cars by the back end of a unicorn, I will take any colour as long as it is right.

I'm in Manchester and may pop along to some NW meets to check out some motors and soak up as much info as possible on ownership, just dont take the **** out of the derv to much when I arrive.

I'll apologise now for any questions resulting in 'use the search function replies'. Everyone has done it at least once. :blush:

If anyone wants me I'll probably be in the technical and buyers guide forums for some time.

Welcome!

For your budget I would go for a tidy low mileage DE GT model (53-55 plate. You could have the pick of the classifieds which would make your search a lot easier.

You could also afford the rev-up (06-07) which has 20bhp more and the nicer interior but this engine can be prone to oil usage unfortunately.

Red does seem quite rare but there is one in the for sale section at the moment...unless its gone already!

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcomes and the heads up on the classified ad. I'll be checking that out in a minute.

With regards to the oil consumption, is it fixable or just something you have to live with like the RX8? My derv uses a bit of oil to apparently keep emmisions down, is this the same thing with the revup?

It is fixable but pretty expensive. Most people on here just live with it.

With regards to the oil consumption, is it fixable or just something you have to live with like the RX8?

Not all Rev-ups have high oil consumption but its more common than on the 276's or 313's. Some of the 276's have high oil consumption too, generally high mileage ones.

Pete

If you can live with £500 a year tax and the possibility of a liter of oil ever thousand miles, go for the facelift 2006 296 model with the sexy lights and door cards. Otherwise, you will find a good condition lowish mile Chilli (or whatever the 276 red was called) and still have cash to spare. Have a look at trade link in the traders section, he may have one :thumbs: