what would you do if you witnessed a murder?

The Bounty Bar Kid

Seriously cannot believe some of those people and there reactions especially that pr*ck that just went to take a picture on his phone!! :rant: I'm not a big guy, nor am I trained in martial arts or an ex-SAS officer but I'd try to stop the attacker if I witnessed that happening. That's not bravado either. A few years ago I was driving my car through a local rough area when I witnessed a black guy attacking a white guy with a motorcycle bike chain. It was mid afternoon and there where people (adults & children) everywhere just standing around watching. I stopped my car, told the Mrs to ring the Police and ran up the road shouting at the guy attacking the other guy. For whatever reason he bottled it and ran from me. I then stayed with the other guy & helped him to a nearby house where they called him an Ambulance as he was bleeding heavily from his head & face. He could have easily been killed by the other guy & it was disgusting that no-one was helping him. The attacker was never found despite a description & heavy Police presence afterwards. Turns out it was all over a drugs debt but doesn't matter to me as I'm not the sort of person to just stand by and watch someone else get hurt. So in summary; if I witnessed a murder happening I'd try to stop it.

• Like 1

90% of people are complete pussys!

Without a doubt I'd be diving in to help the guy.

I got beat up pretty bad once by 3 guys for no reason outside a metro station, I put up a fight but once they got me down they kicked the @*!# out of me, their must have been 20 people on the platform and not a single person came to help.

I'd probably retreat to a safe distance, call the police then start filming.

I've made myself safe (first rule of any emergency situation), I've called for help (second rule), then I've aided the police in gathering evidence if needed.

• Like 1

Trouble is these days you don't know who has a knife or worse, doesn 't make you a pussy in my opinion, I would like to think I would wade in to help but depends on the circumstances really....

Sent from the golf club...

Agree 100%, I'm not a fighter although I do enjoy my taekwon do (sorry for the shamless trumpet blowing).

I think you do what you need to to be safe and help if you can, as Dan said.

At the end of the day if you die too then it's another life wasted and more loved ones left behind.

it's all very well being hard but there's always someone who is either harder or thinks they're harder than you or as said has a weapon.

Trouble is these days you don't know who has a knife or worse, doesn 't make you a pussy in my opinion, I would like to think I would wade in to help but depends on the circumstances really....

This right here!

The day and age of fist fighting is gone. There will always be a high chance a knife is involved.

Wow I knew people were selfish and only lookout for themselves nowadays but **** me 85% didnt do anything!

The very least you can do is call the police etc but also examine the situation and see that hes only using a cable to strangle the guy, and in that instance you have to advantage to do something hes backed into a corner on the floor concentrating on killing the guy and he can quite easily receive a properly good kicking.

• Like 2

Can't see the vid at work but in general I don't think you can really know how will react to a potentially dangerous situation until it happens. I was quite small as a kid so my Dad taught me to stand up for myself. It's fair to say I was quite ready for a fight and regarded as a tough little beggar for my size. But when I went to uni in Colchester a bunch of my mates were attacked outside a kebab shop by a large group of squaddies. I was on the fringe of it so I didn't get hit. If you'd asked me before it happened what I would do in that situation I would have said I would wade in and help even if meant getting a kicking. What actually happened was that I was so shocked by what I was seeing (to be fair it only lasted a matter of seconds) that I just completely froze and did nothing. It was like my brain just couldn't process what was happening. I say fair play to anyone who has intervened to help someone and I agree it's a shame when people just pass by. But I'm not sure it's as simple as most people being cowards.

If it was my ex being murdered then id probably dance a jig and give the guy a hand to hide the body. :lol:

Only joking... In all serious though, as others have said these days its not just a case of stepping in and saying "hold on, stop that silly business right now".

The guy could be spaced out of his head on drugs and be armed to the teeth. Personally whilst id love to help, its not worth being stabbed to death over, especially if its not someone you even know being attacked or you dont know the history behind it etc.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you that it doesn't make you a pussy but people carrying knives or any other weapon for that matter is nothing new. In the 18th century carrying a sword or small sword/dagger was common place for protection as well as for decoration or a sign of wealth and this continued up until the mid 19th century. It only really began to cease as well due to the pocket pistols popularity increasing as a means of defence. There has always been the chance that someone will have a weapon on them but nowadays it seems that some people are more likely to turn to using that weapon instead of thinking about what there actually doing. I used to carry a knife all the time when I was younger (11-16years old) but it was never there for protection merely a tool for me to use (I just used it for making dens with my mates, whittling, carving my favourite girls name in a tree etc). In fact once at 16 years old I was in a real bad fight when I was really too drunk to defend myself from a bigger attacker but not once did I think to myself that I'd use the knife on him. It seems unfortunately though that in todays society some of the younger generation either through lack of intelligence/morality/empathy or some sort of over embellished sense of respect issue will turn to using a weapon on someone without the consideration for what they're actually doing to that person. eg; taking a life from someone. It's pretty sad really as well if you think that some people nowadays are getting to the point where they see something bad happening to someone else but stand by and do nothing or worse imo & just starting filming it on there bl**dy camera phone. :dry:

It's difficult to say what I would do in this sort of situation as I am not really a fighter so to speak. But I'd like to think I would step in & at least try to help.

Some of the peoples reactions once the lift doors open are awful, especially the guy busting out his camera to take a pic!! I see this a lot in news footage where something is going on in the street, instead of trying to help everyone gets out their phones to video.

On a slightly related note I saw this video on my Facebook feed this morning and it helped to restore some faith in the world.

• Like 2

Matts video is ace but as said a lot different to intervening in an attack or a murder.

Jump on a train track......definitely. I know what I'm dealing with.

Stop someone getting battered......no chance. I'm not hard, I'm not big, I can't fight.

If it was an absolutely obvious minnow being twatted unfairly then I would intervene but general scrappidge.....nah. For a kick off it might be the good guy winning!

Wow I knew people were selfish and only lookout for themselves nowadays but **** me 85% didnt do anything!

The very least you can do is call the police etc but also examine the situation and see that hes only using a cable to strangle the guy, and in that instance you have to advantage to do something hes backed into a corner on the floor concentrating on killing the guy and he can quite easily receive a properly good kicking.

Then as you land the first blow he pulls out a gun and the nice quiet single murder becomes a noisy double one.... but at least you would have died a hero....

Like I said depends on the situation but if I saw 2 guys like that in a lift one trying to strangle the other with a wire, the first thing my brain wiuld say is that this isn't say a mugging it's a premeditated thing so who knows what back up plan the guy has, knife, gun etc..... If that makes me a pussy or someone that doesn't care then fine by me.

I remember seeing that video of the old woman laying into the robbers on a moped, everyone was laughing and saying good on her.... but if she had slipped and the guy had booted her in the head would she have died a heroic old lady or a stupid old girl who shouldn't have got involved..... if it was my Mum I know I wouldn't have been proud of her wading in like that....

I remember earlier this year, I was coming out from Costco, and in the carpark two asian guys were fighting. I sent my wife and daugther in the car, told them to stay in and threw myself into the fight, shouted and break up the fight. Each went to their own in few minutes, I went to my car and my daughter was calling me a hero.

Obviously, it felt very plesant, but after the euphoria went away, I stopped for a minute and thought about it. What if one of them had a knife or a gun and I was wounded or even killed? Why was I so stupid to think about somebody else and not about my family, i could have been killed.

There are many stupid and crazy people walking free in our society, you never know what plans or weapons they carry with them.

As others have said, leave the bravado or the willing to help by fighting, just make sure you're safe and your close people are too, walk away and call the Police.

My two penny...

I remember earlier this year, I was coming out from Costco, and in the carpark two asian guys were fighting. I sent my wife and daugther in the car, told them to stay in and threw myself into the fight, shouted and break up the fight. Each went to their own in few minutes, I went to my car and my daughter was calling me a hero.

Obviously, it felt very plesant, but after the euphoria went away, I stopped for a minute and thought about it. What if one of them had a knife or a gun and I was wounded or even killed? Why was I so stupid to think about somebody else and not about my family, i could have been killed.

There are many stupid and crazy people walking free in our society, you never know what plans or weapons they carry with them.

As others have said, leave the bravado or the willing to help by fighting, just make sure you're safe and your close people are too, walk away and call the Police.

My two penny...

Exactly right mate, each situation is different, i.e. If it was a man beating a woman or a child I don't think anyone could just ignore it, but 2 guys fighting like you say could have been a bad situation...

Stay safe buddy I love you :winkiss:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...