0-60 times!!

zippypooz

Since i got my Zed i began comparing 0-60 times with other makes and models of cars so id know who i could beat and who i couldn't!!...ok, i already knew a lot of them as i've had sporty cars before but thought id do a little revision!! And i found that unless its a super car, there isn't really much out there!! Ok there are a few in the same bracket but most others don't break the 6 second marker...the funny thing is that, most of the 'sports' cars in the 6-8 second bracket are always the ones that wanna race!! hmmmm. Anyways, its a bit of a random post but i thought id mention it...over and out. :yawn:

350 Z is more a 40 to 80 machine TBH (for safe overtaking)

He's right with that, the Zeds deceivingly fast, but where you notice it most is mid-range, overtaking etc (when its safe of course!). Its more a powerhouse brute than an outright speed machine

Edited by AMT
  • Like 3

In Ireland you rarely see more powerful cars than a zed, probably because the country is in financial ruin and the tax system is ridiculous(1800 Euro a year to tax a 350Z). I've never seen another zed on the road, just one in a car park a year ago.

In Ireland you rarely see more powerful cars than a zed, probably because the country is in financial ruin and the tax system is ridiculous(1800 Euro a year to tax a 350Z). I've never seen another zed on the road, just one in a car park a year ago.

Don't worry you still got good Guinness. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Funny lots of comments have been that the zed is slower than it looks.

Seriously, looking at paper 0-60 times is about as useful as pi55ing in the wind, if you look at the various remap bhps of 'identical' zeds on here they can differ by anything up to 30bhp. Then you got tyres, flywheels and of course the drivers.

Then of course lots of turbo cars out there are remapped, you average Seat Leon diesel remapped is probably not far off a Zed.

All that said, they look great, I still love them, but what they are not are 0-60 cars.

• Like 2

The Z is not a great car from a standing start, so the 0-60 time isn't its best attribute.

Even with an Uprev (sharper 1st to 3rd) it's not amazing. It's definitely more of an on the run overtake type of car.

I don't street race but have a lot of friends with hot hatches and in standard form a mildly tweeked EP3 gets a much better launch. After 30-40 it's not in the same league but I wouldn't take it down the quarter of a mile!

as the last couple of posts have said, 0-60 means bugger all really. my zed peaks at 430hp @ the rear wheels. From a standing start on normal tarmac with PSS`s, 6puc exedy & a good suspension setup its not alot quicker than my Seat Leon oil burner :scare: but once on the move its fairly rapid. The viscous diff really lets the Zed down @low speed & out of corners :thumbdown:

• Like 1

I know almost all cars worth knowing about 0 - 60 times. Sad like that :teeth:

But even racing another zed it shows the many factors that can make a difference. I safely went from 0 to .... Against another zed same age only a jap import. He had me on the start by a car length!!!

But his was limited meaning i safely over took him when he hit 120 :)

But even racing another zed it shows the many factors that can make a difference. I safely went from 0 to .... Against another zed same age only a jap import. He had me on the start by a car length!!!

cough cough sorry AMT.....

p.s. this was before mine was charged :teeth:

Edited by The Chubby Ninja
  • Like 1

cough cough sorry AMT.....

p.s. this was before mine was charged :teeth:

Yno i thought about this when i was writing my post but Amt had posted so didnt want to be harsh. Everyone knows the de is faster than HR :lol:

• Like 1