0-60 times!!

zippypooz

Hes never going to be able to forget this :lol: ive also got a vid of me racing an ep3 type R with cams,full exhaust and mani with a remap and i destroyed that too so im disagreeing with the previous ep3 comment :lol:

What had he done to his zed? And what had you done to yours? Or was it just down to the driver?

His is a standard HR and mine was a DE with decats,exhaust and plenum spacer but no uprev. To be fair it was only his 3rd run ever i think. It was my third run in the zed but id been up before with previous cars but never RWD

It's amazing how times have changed, my first proper sports car a Triumph GT6 did the 0-60 dash in 11.1 seconds and I think The MGB took around 14 seconds. The E-Type V12 which probably cost at least 4 times the average salary back then was something like 6.3 seconds which was considered to be incredibly rapid. Looking at some of the cars I owned in the 80's and 90's I think only The Capri 2.8i and the RS Turbo would squeeze in just under the 8.0 seconds mark.

Pete

• Like 1

I saw a bog standard 2.8 Capri do the 1/4 at the pod last time I went.

took 18 secs!

The Tickford Turbo Capri was the one to have, but even that had only 190 bhp and it cost well over 20 grand in the mid 80's. I think the iconic RS Sierra only had just over 200 bhp and even when I looked into getting a second hand one in the late 80's insurance was close to a grand and I was 40 at the time with max no claims :scare: .

Pete

measuring 0-60 times is about as useful as measuring bhp figures, they're only good for people of a certain type to play top trumps with others down the pub. basically a theortical willy waving contest.

if it helps i have over 400 bhp and a 0-60 time of under 5 sec

but with every car there is always someting bigger and faster.

keyser and darrens supercharged beasts have a better power to weight ratio than me and thats not including the GTR's etc and other exotica out there. infact i came across a highly modified ibiza that was putting out crazy power.

enjoy it for its looks if others want to race, let them sail on past. as karma is a bitch and gaurenteed oneday they'll be a GATSO round the corner.

took 18 secs!

The Tickford Turbo Capri was the one to have, but even that had only 190 bhp and it cost well over 20 grand in the mid 80's. I think the iconic RS Sierra only had just over 200 bhp and even when I looked into getting a second hand one in the late 80's insurance was close to a grand and I was 40 at the time with max no claims :scare: .

Pete

The Capri to have, which was very rare was the RS 280T only 200 built for homoligation to Group 5 racing, I had No 188 of the 200... :thumbs:

as the last couple of posts have said, 0-60 means bugger all really. my zed peaks at 430hp @ the rear wheels. From a standing start on normal tarmac with PSS`s, 6puc exedy & a good suspension setup its not alot quicker than my Seat Leon oil burner :scare: but once on the move its fairly rapid. The viscous diff really lets the Zed down @low speed & out of corners :thumbdown:

Get a proper LSD :D :D

I've not checked 0-60 as I'm not interested but the acceleration with the combo of supercharger, lightweight clutch/flywheel, sorted suspension, sticky tyres and the biggest difference a proper 1.5 way LSD is miles better than without. I'm going to do a few passes in Santa pod one of this days to find out the improvements over stock. But it feels between 4.2-4.8secs butt dyno :)

Worked out my 0 - 60 being 3.9 seconds.

What did you use for that?

he counted how quickly the street lights went past :wacko:

Calculated through my 1/4 time. 111mph in 12.9 seconds, it gives a break down

Not being an intentional dick but isn't that faster than a Ferrari F430 with less BHP and more weight?

took 18 secs!

Pete

The Capri to have, which was very rare was the RS 280T only 200 built for homoligation to Group 5 racing, I had No 188 of the 200... :thumbs:

Never heard of that one. I know that less than 100 Tickfords were built and that Turbo Technics built a number of semi official Capri 2.8's. There was also an RS2600 and an RS3100 but The RS 280T is a new one on me. Any pics?

Pete

Not being an intentional dick but isn't that faster than a Ferrari F430 with less BHP and more weight?

Not quite a 430.. 360 I would have all day long

Not quite a 430.. 360 I would have all day long

Sorry mate I meant the 0-60 time you've posted IS quicker than the quoted times for an F430..........genuinely I'm not trying to be a **** who's out to dispute a tenth of a second of a 0-60 time but 3.9 is mental fast and faster than an F430.

360 I can imagine you would - you've got at least a Nova Si's worth of extra BHP :lol:

took 18 secs!

Pete

Never heard of that one. I know that less than 100 Tickfords were built and that Turbo Technics built a number of semi official Capri 2.8's. There was also an RS2600 and an RS3100 but The RS 280T is a new one on me. Any pics?

Pete

I will have to dig them out as it was built in 84 and I had it in 86, they were built in Cologne and all were left hand drive, in silver with black RS Recaro interiors

It was very easy to tell an original RS208T...measure the wheelbase they were 9" longer.. :thumbs:

There is a timer in the car, just get a mate to start and finish it if he can keep himself from getting pinned to the chair :lol: I would love to have seen your equation for working out the 0 - 60 using those facts lol

0-60 times is not just about power and weight but contact patch and all the factors that can influence it and most importantly gearing!

For example the 2009 GTR weighs circa 1.8k tons with 500bhp, four wheel drive and 0-60 under 3secs way quicker than cars with similar power and less weight!!

I agree the quoted 0-60 in dispute is low-ish but with the right conditions and the power/torque that car has its well doable!

0-60 times is not just about power and weight but contact patch and all the factors that can influence it and most importantly gearing!

For example the 2009 GTR weighs circa 1.8k tons with 500bhp, four wheel drive and 0-60 under 3secs way quicker than cars with similar power and less weight!!

I agree the quoted 0-60 in dispute is low-ish but with the right conditions and the power/torque that car has its well doable!

thats kind of what I was after - how do you make a 350Z with less BHP and more weight faster than an F430 Ferrari which has been specifically designed to go that fast.

It would need sticky tyres, an incredible launch and very swift gearchanges, but it's doable.

Put it this way, my 911 has been timed at 3.9secs with 385bhp, PDK, 1500kg AND launch control, so for a manual car to do that with a bit more power is seriously impressive. Or there's no clutch left :lol:

Not just about bhp. Torque plays a massive factor. Gearing etx. Technically the 430 and thr 911 have a traction advantage but lose out in torque as they have no turbos. Having a car with 500bhp and 500nm of torque us a lot different to having 500bhp and 250nm. Just an example.