Is it time...?

marzman

So im not sure how i feel about this... but im considering letting my zed go in the next few months. :byebye:

Since getting the Range Rover Sport back in May i've done less than 200 miles in the zed, and cant see any time on the horizon when i'm likely to take it out either. I thought i'd treat it as my weekend car, but to be honest we'd rather go out in the range on the weekend too!

I dont need to sell it, but i just feel like it's getting no use and will start to suffer the longer i leave it. I've just had my tax renewal though which is due at the end of August, and i dont know what to do...? I never drive it through the winter anyway, taking it off the road in November, so it's not even worth me taxing it for 6 months as i'll probably only take it out once or twice through Sept/Oct, so basically i'll be packing it up in 2 weeks until March next year...? That just doesnt feel right. :thumbdown:

I also dont feel like it's quick enough or focused enough to turn into a dedicated track car to warrant keeping it... i'd want to get something much lighter if i was to go down that route.

So what would you do?

How much it's worth is a tough question too... I know what i want for it, and what i feel it's worth (either as a whole or more likely in parts), but i'm sure that will raise an eyebrow or two on here! At the end of the day it's a 52-plate JDM, so that should put it at around the £5k mark, but with only 48k, full genuine Nismo kit, 19" Volk GTS with MPS2's, Nismo exhaust, RSW interior etc etc i would want more like £8k for it.

What do you reckon folks... keep it or let it go?! :surrender:

100_0543-3.jpg

Strip the parts, and sell it for 5ish? Sourcing and replacing parts is a paint though.

I think i'd need to to get what i want for it. I reckon i've got close to £2500 of parts on it that i could strip and sell quite easily, for not much extra cost to source alternative parts. It's just a shame to do so.

That's one of the nicest Zed's on this forum :thumbs: . Personally though, I couldn't imagine me ever preferring to drive a Chelsea Tractor over a Zed but hey, that's your choice :). Probably getting towards the end of the selling period for 2013 so if you do decide to sell now is the time to do it.

Pete

• Like 1

If it's time to go it's time to go and let someone else enjoy it :) But TBH i think you have more than £2.5k worth of parts the strip, though, especially if you find someone with an Azure to buy the Nismo kit. £5k would be good for both you and the buyer if you strip it, but that would be such a shame for such a nice car. Maybe advertise it somewhere for a while at just over £8k and see if you get lucky and someone who appreciates the value of the Nismo parts and wheels comes along?

• Like 1

Must.......

Flog.......

Audi......

To.....

Buy.....

Zed.....

NOW!!!!!.............

Raaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh!!

I've fixed that properly for you.

I've seen Marz's car on three or four occasions now, it's a belter. That is all :)

• Like 1

Shocking amount of ...non-Zed driving! Maybe the Zed needs someone who'll flog it a bit more :p But yeah I agree, take it for a blast n' see how you feel, but if its sitting gathering dust... what else you gonna do with it? :shrug:

If your not really using it i would sell it off. But, its the old problem of what you want vs what its actual market value is. You`ll obviously get more if you sold the bits off then sold the car, but its then the time/hassle involved in doing that. When i sold mine, i didnt bother, and just sold it as it was. I also didnt want the hassle of advertising and waiting months for a buyer, so i just part ex`d it at a dealer.

If your not too fussed, id be tempted to try and sell it as it is for the price your hoping. You never know, someone out there may just snap it up as an impulse buy. Your in the good position where you dont "have" to sell it, so can take your time over it. But, remember that its dropping in value every month.

Let someone else enjoy her if your not using it. And I agree put it up for 8k and see what happens I'd buy it at that price and I'm sure quite a few other people would, sometimes your heart over rules your mind.

Ive been having the same debate with myself as of late and as others said if you are going to take the range over the zed at most opportunities then maybe it is time, value god knows i want 15 for mine but will prob get 5.5 as like yours is jdm 53 plate. Difference is in thinking of chucking mine in for a noble m12

Yeh it's not getting sold for £5.5k, so some people can chill out. :lol:

Thanks for the comments though everyone... kind of makes me feel like i'd be mad to let it go.

I've just been talking it over with my wife (still not used to saying that!) and we think i should keep it. It's not doing any harm or costing me a load of money, so i think i'll keep hold of it until something comes along which floats my boat that is a bit more race-inspired.

...or until someone makes me an offer i cant refuse. :lol:

• Like 2

Sell it man.

It's a hunk of metal that your not using or enjoying. It would be fine if you were using it and enjoying it, but once your not, every penny spent on it is a waste and every day it depreciates more.....

Whatever it's worth, that money would be better spent on something you'll get something from.......even if that's coke and hookers :)

• Like 1