These people walk amongst us undetected...

14N

I recently helped deliver a project allowing the public to access (insurance) documentation online via a portal (create an account, login, view documents as PDF), you get the idea.

Anyway, I just asked the PM (Project Manager, not Prime Minister) how is was going. He started to chuckle and said "I've gotta tell you this...".

Customer calls into the contact/call centre and says she's created her account and can view her documents, but is having difficulty printing them. She's pressing the 'Print' button, but nothing appears to be happening.

So the agent talks her through the process (to gain an understanding of the issue) login - open document - click 'Print' etc. Nothing.

"Is your printer switched on and online"?

"I haven't got a printer".

:doh:

I blame the teachers.

I blame the parents. Think of it this way, you can't polish a turd or...sometimes its like putting lipstick on a pig. I can only mould what the parents give me.

You can plant the seeds (at least that's what I keep telling myself!) ;)

Nope, still the teachers. You watched him, the parent wasn't there.

Yep I watched him pick up a bottle clearly labelled cif sink cleaner, I watched him apply it, clamp it etc. And then waited. 30 minutes later he came to see me. Sir my woods not gluing. I asked him what he used. He said glue. I told him to get me the bottle. Then I told him to read it. He read it, I asked him, why do you think its not stuck? His reply.......I don't know. :doh: I can teach monkeys to make high quality furniture, but I can't combat stupidity....which is generally passed down from the parents ;)