Women driving 350s - problem?

twobears

I was told yesterday, for the umpteenth time, that I don't "look like someone who would drive a Zed". This is starting to hack me off now because I wonder what these men (and it is always men) are trying to tell me. I always laugh it off and change the subject but what do they mean I wonder? Do I look like Miss Marple? Heck, I'm not even wearing a tweed suit and sensible brogues :surrender: But that is what they seem to be implying and it's not exactly flattering :(

Anyone got any good comebacks that I could use next time I go for a business meeting or something similar and pull up in my Zed to slack-jawed amazement from the stuffed shirts in the car park? I need a killer remark to shut them up :boxing:

I was told yesterday, for the umpteenth time, that I don't "look like someone who would drive a Zed". This is starting to hack me off now because I wonder what these men (and it is always men) are trying to tell me. I always laugh it off and change the subject but what do they mean I wonder? Do I look like Miss Marple? Heck, I'm not even wearing a tweed suit and sensible brogues :surrender: But that is what they seem to be implying and it's not exactly flattering :(

Anyone got any good comebacks that I could use next time I go for a business meeting or something similar and pull up in my Zed to slack-jawed amazement from the stuffed shirts in the car park? I need a killer remark to shut them up :boxing:

The Zed is a masculine car - thats a fact. Women do not look like your average Zed driver which is why in particular women look cool as f*** driving a Zed.

If I man drove a Peugeot 206 CC convertable they would not look like a typical driver for that car...........................granted by virtue of the fact that they're driving that hateful piece of @*!# at all they are likely to look like a boss-eye'd moron with a small string of dribble leaking out of their mouth but you get my point.

• Like 1

Some good suggestions there. Will try using one or two of them next time I am confronted by a 'Zed denier' :boxing:

Twice in the last couple of weeks I have been told that I look 'too respectable' to be driving a Zed. What the heck is that supposed to mean? I am guessing it must mean 'You look a right dowdy old frump, get yourself a Saxo (insert any other boring car name here)". How should I make myself look less "respectable" anyway? Cover myself with risque tattoos and wear clothes best suited to a lady of the night? I don't know why it's suddenly started to annoy me but it is doing :angry: Maybe I should take the Zed out for a nice drive to cheer myself up and forget about the idiots I seem to meet? :teeth:

Edited by twobears

On a similar vein........ I got stopped by the police whilst driving my MR2 Turbo, nothing "boy racer" about, just a "sleeper" looking very OEM, but they couldn't see who was driving due to the rear window being blacked out.

First thing the copper says is "Whats a guy your age driving a car like this for".

Now it must of been a good day for me, as quick as a flash, I replied "So you drive a robin reliant do you" ? to say he wasn't best pleased was an understatement :-) but it made my day. :teeth:

Some good suggestions there. Will try using one or two of them next time I am confronted by a 'Zed denier' :boxing:

Twice in the last couple of weeks I have been told that I look 'too respectable' to be driving a Zed. What the heck is that supposed to mean? I am guessing it must mean 'You look a right dowdy old frump, get yourself a Saxo (insert any other boring car name here)". How should I make myself look less "respectable" anyway? Cover myself with risque tattoos and wear clothes best suited to a lady of the night? I don't know why it's suddenly started to annoy me but it is doing :angry: Maybe I should take the Zed out for a nice drive to cheer myself up and forget about the idiots I seem to meet? :teeth:

:worthless:

• Like 1