That Jealousy Thing ?

Sempiternal

Theres no such thing as a proper sports car. Lbo lp640 is a supercar and is 4wd. Some have engines in front back and middle. Gtr has 4 seats, mclaren has 3, buggatti glued 2 engines together, gt3 rs has stickers instead of badges.

And diesels are getting in the market

That's just complete and utter jealousy! Coming from a girl I have never once had someone say a bad thing about my zed in fact it is men that absolutely love it and appreciate it. Just goes to show your so called friends and work mates are incredibly childish. I would just try your best to ignore that crap and enjoy your zed (easier said than done I know) !!

They probable said nothing nasty as your female

Theres no such thing as a proper sports car.

MX5, Elise/Exige, Boxster, Cayman, Jag F type (Im guessing anyway), you could probably shoehorn the Caterfields into that category as well. Agree the Zed isnt one though, its too heavy for a start and probably a bit too soft with it :)

MX5, Elise/Exige, Boxster, Cayman, Jag F type (Im guessing anyway), you could probably shoehorn the Caterfields into that category as well. Agree the Zed isnt one though, its too heavy for a start and probably a bit too soft with it :)

Surely the term sports car is open as a car is alot of styles ie sports coupe sports saloon etc

That is a jealous bunch mate,just ignore if you can, did any of them help you get it? Not worth wasting the time on them then! Ive never had any negatives (none ive heard anyway lol) ive had all the Nissan badges taken off, so now its whatever i want it to be when people ask haha

I must be honest I've only had one friend actually say "thats a nice car" and be interested in it. None of my other friends have even bothered asking about it and I feel its as if they want to pretend like they don't give a crap about it when they secretly like it, its pretty weird.

When someone heard my car had broken down in the first week of me owning it they said "should have bought a golf".

I've had the car a month and it's already been keyed. Every tw@ and their crappy hot hatch wants to race me and middle aged men in audis/BMWs feel the need to fly past me like a lunatic if I have overtaken them at a little bit of pace on the motorway.

I've noticed everyone feels the need to out man you when you drive a Z.

its pretty annoying actually.

To be honest all I've had is good comments.Don't think i've had a negative one.Girls like it,even managed to date a few 19 year olds(not because of my car, my good looks contributed lol)and i'm 41....I must state these girls asked me out and i'm not praying on young ladys!Terrible I know!!just couldn't resist it. :D

You'll probably say this post is worthless without pictures lol...

But oh my god I used to have a chilli red 350 and the lady's loved that one!

But back on topic, dump you're mates and find some new ones as they just sound jealous!

You've got a rare car there that oozes sex appeal,taste and good looks.

Keep driving and enjoy it before you get to my age!!

Goddammit you copied exactly what I was going to say! :rant::lol:

My mates have been really positive, except when I can't give them a lift! I don't get people giving you @*!#, more than some light hairdressing banter. If I don't like a mate's car I'll say nothing, or if asked, state the bits of it I do like (there's always something). Also random people have given me compliments on it, asked about the engine and stuff. Not had a single mean word said.

It does attract nobheads on the road though, as mentioned in other posts, but after nearly 6 months I just laugh now and let them go! Some clown eeeked passed me on the motorway the other day, pulled in and slowed down (I had cruise on so I know I stayed the same speed). I pulled out and went round, still the same speed, pulled in, next I know there's this piece of @*!# flying past at about a ton glaring over at me. pi**ed myself laughing, just a shame there no cops on hand. :)

People are strange, if i live until i'm 200 i'll still never figure them out!

I been both skint and had a few quid in my life so far and i can honestly say as long as my bills are paid and food in the fridge for my family i'm happy. Sometimes i find having a reasonable disposable income a problem because i end up going shopping all day with my wife, go holidays etc. but then i realise i'm happiest training in the gym or at my TKD, MMA etc or messing about all day paying no attention to what time of day it is.

IMO, providing security for my wife and son is paramount, everything else is a bonus tat i really don't are about. It's a true saying but the simple things in life are best.

I never put down anything others hold in high esteem, after all they could be thinking the same about what i find interesting. Life is for living and my only goal is to have no regrets and to appreciate other folks dreams!

• Like 1

People are strange, if i live until i'm 200 i'll still never figure them out!

I been both skint and had a few quid in my life so far and i can honestly say as long as my bills are paid and food in the fridge for my family i'm happy. Sometimes i find having a reasonable disposable income a problem because i end up going shopping all day with my wife, go holidays etc. but then i realise i'm happiest training in the gym or at my TKD, MMA etc or messing about all day paying no attention to what time of day it is.

IMO, providing security for my wife and son is paramount, everything else is a bonus tat i really don't are about. It's a true saying but the simple things in life are best.

I never put down anything others hold in high esteem, after all they could be thinking the same about what i find interesting. Life is for living and my only goal is to have no regrets and to appreciate other folks dreams!

Well said stuarty

I've had a few nice comments about mine from friends and acquaintances :)

I went on a 4x4 driving day yesterday though and the chap who was teaching me was telling me about his Disco so I told him about my Zed and he immediately said something derogatory about "Datsuns". I just laughed :p I enjoy driving up and down steep slopes and along streams and so on but driving fast on a track is the best fun I've ever had with my clothes on ;):lol:

And just in case we haven't said it enough..........

When all's said and done...........its still a FOOKING NISSAN for christ sakes. Yes we love it but its about the least pretentious badge going!

I've long since stopped trying to get any long term enjoyment out of cars (hence driving a derv TT) - whats the point;

- Cheap to run..........you're bored

- Sporty..........moan about the impracticalities

- Fast.........moan about the cost of running

- Sporty and economical...........moan about the fact that you've comprimised and ended up with the worst of both worlds (see derv Audi TT).

- Practical.........resent children, wife and the remainder of the universe for your plight in life

- Reliable .........moan about ANY bill that EVER comes up even if its a new battery

- Unreliable.........moan about everything...........always

I honestly had more emotional attatchment to that piece of crap Alfa 156 that floated me through the 'Merc of Doom' than I have with any car since I was a kid!

Basically people are bellends........the sooner we deal with this fact, the sooner we can all move on with life!

• Like 2