Car running through a Red light on my travels... extra video added page 7

Yes I do, what's your point?

I feel very sorry for you :( bless you

Yet you decide to come onto a forum to share these feelings about a total stranger? Love the irony! :D

99% of the people on here are strangers and they still get into stupid arguments so I'd thought I'd join in ;)

Tbh that was a tiny mistake and you out his reg for it? You have become a jobs worth from the sounds of it.

I'm going to quote this, for that time when someone jumps a red light and ploughs into the side of your car. Will it just be a tiny mistake then?

+1

+2

Maybe you do that sort of thing then Dblock?

There's times when people are just on the change, but that's a blatant jumping of lights, no matter which way you look at it, he purposes chose to cross a red light.

Yes if he did that I'd chase him and smash his window with a wiper.

Are you honestly saying you make no mistakes when driving?

If anyone says they've never dashed for the lights on yellow they are a liar.

I tend to drop it to 2nd and floor that motha****er!

ROTFLMAO when i read that one.....total class mate

Edited by gsexr

Yet you decide to come onto a forum to share these feelings about a total stranger? Love the irony! :D

99% of the people on here are strangers and they still get into stupid arguments so I'd thought I'd join in ;)

yay! that's the spirit! :D

You'd be surprised that a lot of people on here aren't strangers which is where a lot of the silly banter comes from lol

This thread cracks me up and has been keeping me amused, but I can see why Dip was angry about the red light jumper, as he said in a previous post, his uncle was killed in a similar way and if you were in the same position it would probably **** you off too as a lot of people have no idea about the consequences of their actions.

I'm no angel when it comes to driving but I'm not proud of the mistakes I've made, and from reading some things on here there is a real nonchalant attitude with some people. There are too many people these days paying no attention, having no common sense or just a don't give a **** attitude, perhaps if more people were vigilant about this behaviour it may be taken more notice of (although unfortunately unlikely, but at least your own arse is covered if these idiots cause an accident and you're unfortunate enough to be involved)!

My two pence worth, I'll now go back to being quiet and reading like a good little girl ;) lol

It was an evening of bad driving all around that ticked me off. Had some guy over take me at speed whilst I was overtaking a parked car. He then proceeded to again jump a few more cars for no reason at all. Didn't put it up as the number plate can't be seen and I couldn't remember it.

This is the guy who pee'd me off as I was driving on my way home the same night as the redlight jumper. Later on he then jumps another few cars. No need to be like that. :shrug:

It was an evening of bad driving all around that ticked me off. Had some guy over take me at speed whilst I was overtaking a parked car. He then proceeded to again jump a few more cars for no reason at all. Didn't put it up as the number plate can't be seen and I couldn't remember it.

This is the guy who pee'd me off as I was driving on my way home the same night as the redlight jumper. Later on he then jumps another few cars. No need to be like that. :shrug:

yep total *****r, into oncoming traffic where theres no room for it. there could have been kiddies in the oncoming traffic which would have been nasty.

Looks like you had a fun night dips. That last driver obviously had no issue with driving like a complete dangerous idiot.

Its times like that that i wish i had continued with my police application years ago to do something about it. Then again in other respects im glad i didnt.

Lucky he didnt side swipe your car there

Tbh that was a tiny mistake and you out his reg for it? You have become a jobs worth from the sounds of it.

I'm going to quote this, for that time when someone jumps a red light and ploughs into the side of your car. Will it just be a tiny mistake then?

+1

+2

Maybe you do that sort of thing then Dblock?

There's times when people are just on the change, but that's a blatant jumping of lights, no matter which way you look at it, he purposes chose to cross a red light.

Yes if he did that I'd chase him and smash his window with a wiper.

Are you honestly saying you make no mistakes when driving?

If anyone says they've never dashed for the lights on yellow they are a liar.

I tend to drop it to 2nd and floor that motha****er!

ROTFLMAO when i read that one.....total class mate

:lol:

In both cases the driving Dips recorded is very poor and falls below acceptable standards, its a worry that there are people out there on the roads who seem to drive like this as a matter of course. Sadly I expect all of us see this kind of thing happening all the time and it can be very frustrating.

That being said, as others have held their hands up to, I have been guilty of making mistakes and perhaps not making the best judgement in certain situations. None of it intentional or done with any malice for for thought, just lapses of attention, which I try very hard to avoid.

One of the best things I've done is do a half day course with ROSPA, in fact I know there is a very active local group of the IAM in Bath, I'm in the process of getting in touch / getting response from them regards driver advice and training.

I believe we are all capable of making mistakes, missing things, errors of judgement, no matter how good we think we are (I consider myself a very average driver). I also think we are all capable of improving and becoming better drivers and road users. With a bit of effort, with thought and plenty of anticipation, we can all get better.

Have I ever gone through a red light?.......yes I have and I would do the same in the same circumstances. Mind you, that will depend on whether I'm at the front of a traffic lighted junction with a fire engine, full 'blues and two's behind me, trying to get through the junction to respond to a call.

I feel fortunate to be a member of a forum where our interest is driving, because of that we think about driving more, that has to be a good thing no?

• Like 2

I have to say I am astonished that we managed to get 7 pages of ranting, commenting, opinions, observations and slating out of what was effectively 'Should you drive through a red light?'

Imagine the number of responses if someone posts up 'Whats the meaning of life?' :surrender:

I have to say I am astonished that we managed to get 7 pages of ranting, commenting, opinions, observations and slating out of what was effectively 'Should you drive through a red light?'

Imagine the number of responses if someone posts up 'Whats the meaning of life?' :surrender:

What is the meaning of life?

Maybe this thread will be done with now, after all, everything that has NEEDED to be said has been. RT has just summed it up nicely with a cat and cat's solve all internet related problems right?

And just to make sure, have some Picard:

3qh239.jpg

I think the problem is that some people are very judgemental and that can get other people's backs up. The only thing that has wound me up a bit is a lack of differentiation between those of use willing to admit to being normal human beings who occasionally make mistakes (and regret and learn from them), and people who just ignore the rules of the road (as appears to happen in the original video). :)

Judgemental? Perhaps, but there's a clear cut case between right and wrong when it comes to jumping a red light. It boils down simply to not paying attention to the roads, and while I can understand people perhaps drifting in concentration doing 70mph along a 40 mile stretch of motorway, I don't believe there's any room for lack of concentration on urban roads where you have traffic lights.

It boils down to good driving and bad driving, and by not paying attention to something as glaringly obvious as red lights, what else have you missed?

I do make a solid call between missing a red light and jumping one on purpose: The first insinuates a lazy driver who is lacking awareness and possibly dangerous in some situations, and the latter is a complete ***** who is a definite danger. Seems fair enough to me. :shrug:

DB7A5227-D06C-4CB0-AA03-CDC94B6CADED-10372-00000BC27C08F4FD_zps63fd93bb.jpg

Dip (BBK)

There are bad drivers out there, maybe best to use in-car cameras for footage in the event of an accident rather than to record these blatant idiots and post them up on a forum for discussion.

If you feel strongly about what you have witnessed and I can understand why you would then why not just forward the footage to the correct authority rather than becoming a driving quality vigilanty.

Till next time, take care of yourself, and each other

:winkiss:

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 3

Dip (BBK)

There are bad drivers out there, maybe best to use in-car cameras for footage in the event of an accident rather than to record these blatant idiots and post them up on a forum for discussion.

If you feel strongly about what you have witnessed and I can understand why you would then why not just forward the footage to the correct authority rather than becoming a driving quality vigilanty.

Awesome! Now every time I think about you (not in a weird way or anything ;)) I'm going to imagine Jerry Springer!

Dip (BBK)

Awesome! Now every time I think about you (not in a weird way or anything ;)) I'm going to imagine Jerry Springer!

I bet he drives a Jag too :lol: