Car running through a Red light on my travels... extra video added page 7

Don't worry. In the last month Ekona has indirectly called me a C***t (debate about people parking over the lines in car parks) and today I see I'm a "complete idiot" (for admitting to mistakenly going through a red light once). I think he likes me :lol:

I have no feelings either way. I'm sure you're actually a decent person in the flesh, and that it's just your posts on here that come across somewhat odd. Tbh I'm the same at times.

Whilst me mocking your parking is one thing, and really is only meant in jest as you're not actually hurting anyone, jumpind red lights is about as dangerous as it gets.

Speeding is more dangerous than going through a red light. Only an idiot would speed. There is no excuse for speeding. Why did you speed and put everyone's life in danger?

Tsk tsk.

Brake have a new member I see.

You're not actually very good at this sarcasm thing, are you?

Brake?

Not sarcastic im serious. What makes you better than the law? It's a limit. You drive at the speed limit so you and others can react in time to changes. Red light jumping as you say but it's going through Ambur is slightly dangerous. Just silly. But speeding is no joke.

I've been thinking about this. Whilst people can argue about jumping a red light until the cows come home. It is illegal, end of. However what gets me is what the thought process must be?

"Oh my look at that nasty horrible man, he's not going to stop in time."

"BAD MAN. BAD MAN. I WILL FIND YOU AND OUT YOU AS A LIGHT JUMPER"

"Quick, what's the time?"

"22:43.18, must remember that for when I get home to pull the footage off the camera, save it, upload it to youtube, start a thread on the 350z owners forum and post it up"

When I see someone jump a red light I think to myself "what a dick" or I might use some bad words if it's a particularly bad one.

Strikes me as a bit odd that someone's first thought is "INTERNET!"

• Like 3

Brake is the DM's favourite anti-speeding group.

I don't speed any more, lesson learnt. I did it once that entire trip, never sped in the UK and never sped in Europe since. I agree, it's stupid and pointless and should be saved for the track, which is what I do. I didn't realise you don't speed either, well done on being one of the sensible few.

Are you now saying you go through amber, and not red? 'Cos that's not what you were saying earlier, was it?

It was an evening of bad driving all around that ticked me off. Had some guy over take me at speed whilst I was overtaking a parked car. He then proceeded to again jump a few more cars for no reason at all. Didn't put it up as the number plate can't be seen and I couldn't remember it.

Is it not petty that you film everyone on your travels and report them? You have WAY too much time on your hands

On a less argumentative note (hopefully) am I mistake but can you go through a redlight in the states (or some of their states?) IF there's nowt at the junction?

If so I like that system, obviously you'd have to be 100% certain nothing there but good idea.

On a less argumentative note (hopefully) am I mistake but can you go through a redlight in the states (or some of their states?) IF there's nowt at the junction?

If so I like that system, obviously you'd have to be 100% certain nothing there but good idea.

You can turn right (would be left over here) on a red unless it says otherwise. It works really well and I really liked it when I was driving over there.

• Like 1

You can turn right (would be left over here) on a red unless it says otherwise. It works really well and I really liked it when I was driving over there.

Awesome :)

Yes I do, what's your point?

I feel very sorry for you :( bless you

Hey, you leave our Dip alone! Nasty pastie.

What's a dip?

And he's done well out of this post, I take my hat off to the dear fellow.

• Like 1

Also in the States you can drive through the flashing red ATS, but you must give way to the other carriageway, which has a flashing amber.(flashing amber has priority)

They go over to this at night from normal operation.

Of course they have the Grand Prix type ATS over there, because they change straight from red to green - no amber, only on the stopping phase.

Brake is the DM's favourite anti-speeding group.

I don't speed any more, lesson learnt. I did it once that entire trip, never sped in the UK and never sped in Europe since. I agree, it's stupid and pointless and should be saved for the track, which is what I do. I didn't realise you don't speed either, well done on being one of the sensible few.

Are you now saying you go through amber, and not red? 'Cos that's not what you were saying earlier, was it?

lol.

Going through ambur then red. e.g. If I am close to the light and its gone ambur then red as im passing it I wouldn't have slowed down.

Also no speeding but no harsh acceleration either as that can get you an asbo.

Also in the States you can drive through the flashing red ATS, but you must give way to the other carriageway, which has a flashing amber.(flashing amber has priority)

They also have cross road junctions that have red flashing lights in all directions, confused me the first time I saw one. You have to take it in turns to cross, one at a time, simply wouldn't work here. I've only seen 3 or 4 of this type and only in small towns. Some of the junctions in the big cities of The U.S.A are a complete nightmare they have double line turning lanes on both sides each with a filter light and in Colorado they often have traffic lights on the slip road leading onto the freeway.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

They also have cross road junctions that have red flashing lights in all directions, confused me the first time I saw one. You have to take it in turns to cross, one at a time, simply wouldn't work here. I've only seen 3 or 4 of this type and only in small towns. Some of the junctions in the big cities of The U.S.A are a complete nightmare they have double line turning lanes on both sides each with a filter light and in Colorado they often have traffic lights on the slip road leading onto the freeway.

Pete

The lights onto the freeway confused the heck out of me in LA! They only let 1 or 2 cars through at a time too, so when a numpty like me hesitates people get very honk happy :lol:

• Like 1