Newbie from South Wales!!

Hello:) My name is Dickie/Rich and I am based in South Wales(Carmarthenshire).23 years old and owned my zed for a few months.Thought it was time to get on the best forum on the net and join you zedist!!I own a 53 plate Gt in sunset orange.I love the car!!Since owning the car I have replaced the front discs for a set of drilled/grooved ones/redstuff pads and Hel's orange brake lines.Its had a new clutch kit.The oem exhaust when I bought it was shot so bought a cheap s/s one from Ebay,just to get through MOT.Planning on changing it for a true dual at some point.I love driving the beast,its far better than the TT I previously owned.

post-18359-0-05565400-1356871774_thumb.jpg

I will get some decent pics up once the weather has improved and I can give it a good clean!!

I bought the zed because I fell in love with the styling and the noise of the v6,but I do feel it may need a bit of extra power for me.So iv been reading up on here for a while,and there are so many different routes I can go down,but after reading Darren b's vortech build and keyser's build I decided I'd like to supercharge my zed.These are some of the parts I have bought over the last month....Decats,walbro 255 kit+o ring,Mishimoto thermostat,Mini catch can/hose,Mocal oil cooler kit,AAM competition stage 1 fuel return system,R-Maf,AAM competition Sump spacer,(D1 spec race nuts,wing mirrors with led lights built in,girlfriends x mass prezzies)

post-18359-0-66022700-1356872730_thumb.jpg

Im waiting on delivery of my mishimoto radiator/radiator shroud and hoses which will hopefully arrive next week.Basically I now realised after reading many threads and by buying things that its rather expensive so I am not going to rush into charging my zed just keep plodding along with parts and do it properly over the next few months.Also bought a set of torque drift rota wheels,but not sure of the colour going well with an orange zed.

post-18359-0-31567600-1356873621_thumb.jpg

I hope to be an active member of the forum and give/receive any advise on the zed!!!Happy new year for Tuesday to all you zedists on here:)

:thumbs::welcome: Rich, lots of helpful folk on here as I'm sure you've realised, we do like a build project on here so keep us posted when get started with it.

Yeah after reading some of the topics on here,everyone seems very knowledgeable and friendly.I am planning on starting the project soon,going to do the work that wont require a remap,so oil cooler/spacer/radiator etc save a bit more cash and then get the charger/injectors and other goodies.Once I start il put pics up and start a thread.

Welcome to the club.

You wont regret going the SC route, it really is how it should have left the factory....or at least an option.

Sounds like your gonna do it properly with the supporting mods etc..

Keep us updated on your progress.

I totally agree with you mate!!I really want to charge the zed now,but I'd have to do it on the cheap and as my girlfriend says buy cheap buy twice,so I'm going to be sensible and buy everything thats needed to make it safe and reliable.

Welcome along, I used to live in Carmathen my parents still do :thumbs:

Well its a small world!!!I'm 7 miles away from the center of Carmarthen in the sticks.

Thank you all for the welcome!!! :teeth: I do have a few questions/advise to ask...but atm my girlfriend would like to be my first priority :lol: so I am out of here!!

Looks like a good project. Out of interest what sizes are the wheels?

Hi mate.The size of the wheels are 18/8.5/ET30 and 18/9.5.ET30.These fit the zed with brembo's without spacers and they weigh hardly anything.

Thanks. I'm considering wheel options for my skyline and these could look good. Fronts would be too narrow for the stance I want though and they're a bit flat, would prob go for concave wider wheels all round

Given me food for thought though

Welcome to the forum and look forward to seeing your build thread :teeth:

Hi mate.The size of the wheels are 18/8.5/ET30 and 18/9.5.ET30.These fit the zed with brembo's without spacers and they weigh hardly anything.

Thanks. I'm considering wheel options for my skyline and these could look good. Fronts would be too narrow for the stance I want though and they're a bit flat, would prob go for concave wider wheels all round

I know what you mean about these sizes as I had the exact same wheels with the off sets etc. The rears looked fine but the front wasnt quite want I wanted and was a good excuse to get my 19's :lol:

This is how the wheels looked:

Photo_946FCDB7-59DC-AB1E-E83A-3850F3C0832B.jpg

Edited by Humpy

Welcome :wave:

I'm in Pembrokeshire - so only down the road :thumbs:

Will keep an eye out for your 370 if your ever in Carmarthen,not many about so it should'nt be 2 hard B)

Dont know if u've looked on rimstyle.co.uk , they may have a few sets for you to consider+ I think they do finance.Hope it helps