New member saying Hi

Hi all

I thought I would intruduce myself as a new member my name is Andy I live in Soham cambs. I brought my 2007 350Z GT convertable in september this year part exing my Porsche 966 which was a big let down. I havnt had the opportunity to drive the car much but hope to change that. The car is having the original factory fitted exhaust put back on it tomorrow as it has a polished SS performance Jap speed on it now and some might like the noise but I cant put up with it, must be my age. I brought my first Z car in the late 80s a Datsun 280 ZX targa sports sold my trusty mark 2 2litre Capri Ghia got all the money I had and to the horror of my wife and went for it. The car broke down in the middle of Guildfor at rush houre on the way home from buying it big hole in the rad,I wonderd why there were so many empyt water bottles on the floor of the car, and to top it I had no break down cover. So for the next couple of months I look at my new purchase till I got the cash to do it up eventually I got it on the road all my mates told me the car would kill me as the rear end was renounded for stepping out and the car tried its hardest to do just that. On a wet dark Febuary night driving home from Windsor the car swaped ends on me and we ended up side down in a field, car a right off me to nearly. I spent the next couple of weeks in Slough Hospital so I have stayed away from any car with a Z in its title till now I hope the new car looks after me. Hope to meet some of you Guys soon

Regards

Andy

Edited by silverspeed

Welcome... and have to say if this is the car I think it is, then its a cut and shut, thrashed to an inch of its life, previously owned by a pie loving loony!!!!

Yep, i think it might be my old car. I part ex`d it at BMW in Camborne for 9grand back in June this year and they passed it onto a dealer in Oxford who tried to sell it for £12999. I then noticed Honda in Soham had it up for sale after a bit. So if you have only just bought it in September then its taken them 4 months to sell it!!

If it is my car then it was a total minter. I bought it from Nissan main dealer in Birmingham in March 2011 for £16k.

I did the aux audio in mod - so there will be a 3.5mm jack plug in the central storage compartment near the hand brake which you can plug your phone or ipod into. I always ran it on v power. It did have cosworth air filters in it and I fitted the K1 exhaust - it was very loud..... You can sell it on for about £150 on here once you have it off the car. Car was on exactly 44,000 miles when I sold it.

I also replaced the gearknob with a brand new one.

I`ll drop you a PM.

Hi I did buy it from Honda it was actually June when I got It. It has got the ipod conection central storage compartment, silver with orange seats in ex condition. It did have a small tear in the roof so after lots of arguments with Honda they had to fork out over a K for a new mohaire roof its still got 44k on it now. Like to hear from you

Small world eh? Thought it would be mine as there cant be many 313 roadsters with a K1 exhaust. Glad its gone to a good home!

Heres an online review of your actual car when it was new by a journo.. its original number plate was L66 UST

http://www.malextra.com/motoring/motorreviews/Nissan+350Z+GT-1326.html

Edited by rabbitstew