What's your favourite thing about the 350Z?

Macky

So excited about getting my hands on one of these beauties!

Been browsing the forum loads the past few days, was just wondering what everybody's favourite feature/characteristic of the Z is? What do you enjoy the most about owning the car?

Also, i'm viewing this one (link below) on saturday...any thoughts?

Are there certain things to watch out for regarding servicing and rust etc etc?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201211304461933/sort/default/usedcars/price-from/6000/price-to/8000/model/350_z/make/nissan/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/wv73dx/radius/1500/quicksearch/true/page/2?logcode=p

The noise. Full nismo exhaust and filter with the windows down always makes you grin ;) That and the torque + RWD, oh and the perfect balance in corners, and the feel from the front end when you're driving with a proper bit of flow down your favorite B-road, and the sub behind the seat on the right tune..the look of the thing....er ok so quite a lot then :lol: Makes me grin every time I drive it. Enjoy!

..But go easy in the freezing weather ;)

As far as viewings go...few niggly issues that can crop up check:

1) Gearbox for frustrating notches/ crunches esp into 2nd and 6th

2) Rattly sound when car in neutral/ clutch depressed (clutch release bearing)

3) Check bose headunit doesn't skip/ all speakers working

4) Clutch shouldn't be too stiff.

5) Check bushes around the front suspension especially. Listen out for any knocks/ clunks. Usually straightforward to sort but always good for haggling ;)

Rust is rare- bonnet is aluminium for example (check for corrosion- aluminium oxide build up, around bonnet lid) and check wheel arches as you would with any car. Also check condition of brake pads and discs and tyres as normal- OEM parts and good aftermarket parts can be pricey so you want to start off with a good bit left on them ;) You can always ask on here about any issues you come across! Good luck.

Edited by Siman350z
  • Like 1

My favourite thing and one of the main reasons I bought a 350z was the rarity of them. Around where I live, during 18 months of owning a 313 Roadster I dont think I ever saw another one. I saw 2 non 313 roadsters, and less than a handful of coupes. I did see one 313 coupe and that was it. Compare that with seeing hundreds of boxsters & z4`s every single day!

I think because they are so rare, I had no end of comments about "nice car". Id have complete strangers coming up to me complimenting me on the car. Kids would shout out "nice car mate" as I drove by....

I did also have some strange people shouting out other stuff like the time a random old lady shouted out "w*nker" at me as I drove past. Another old man waved his walking stick at me as I accelerated.... (i assume he didnt approve of the K1 exhaust on it).

But all in all a cracking car and im pleased I bought it.

Just a note on that advert. I went to see a Black 06 with this guy which had been a cat D write off. While it was mentioned in the advert, I missed it as he'd written it in very small letters in the middle of the advert. He only mentioned it again after the viewing when I did an online check, even though I mentioned while viewing it that there was a panel not fitting correctly, a headlamp covered in condensation and a cracked front number plate.

I'm not saying he was lying, at all, as he mentioned the Cat D in the ad, it was just so small I missed it. Just use your common sense when looking around any car you're looking to buy, and if your gut feeling says to leave it alone then you're probably right. My heart wanted the black Zed so much I was still tempted to buy it, but my gut kept telling me to stay clear, which I'm glad I did given the one I did go onto buy

The forum!

And the fact that I still have to take one last look over my shoulder before it goes out of sight whenever I leave it. "That's MINE that is" (Contented smug feeling).

• Like 2