Just been given 3 points

Jay

I wouldn't say that you kept moving all the time as that could be construed as not having control of the vehicle. What actually happened was that you were waiting for the space to become free, and you were indicating your intention (I assume you were indicating?).

Wouldn't worry too much about it either way, if you have independent witnesses then you should be fine. If not then another 3pts for an offence that isn't speeding (assuming the other one was) will make sod all difference to your insurance, maybe another £100 if that. Don't sweat it mate, life's too short to get worried about the little things. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear that. they must want something better to do i think. maybe when they trim the force down as they are to action, then they wont have so much time on their hands. i had a couple follow me from japfest just to kick the tyres. best of luck with it bud.

I'm sure that you will get it sorted in the end. it's just a pain in the arse that you have to deal with it.

I know someone who had exactly the same thing with double yellow lines. However, being one of those annoying argumentative types, he did some research and found out that because the lines went straight over slotted drain covers without end bars, the yellow lines weren't deemed to be unbroken so they technically don't mean anything.

Needless to say that he got off and the council were out shortly after repainting the lines :lol:

Hey guys and gals, quick update. Ok so after doing a little bit of research, getting advise from forum members (big thanks for that) but also seeking legal advice.. I have been told to basically ignore it and dont pay the fine. Once that happens my lawyer is going to deal with it but he said that it will probably be forgotten about anyway. So fingers crossed. Will keep you all posted and thanks again for all the advice and pms I received on this :thumbs:

Hey guys and gals, quick update. Ok so after doing a little bit of research, getting advise from forum members (big thanks for that) but also seeking legal advice.. I have been told to basically ignore it and dont pay the fine. Once that happens my lawyer is going to deal with it but he said that it will probably be forgotten about anyway. So fingers crossed. Will keep you all posted and thanks again for all the advice and pms I received on this :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Good news Jay, but it would still get those witness statements while its still fresh in minds? I find in my professional role its better to get witness advice sooner rather than later - in the same way the police do, as it could make the difference if crunch time does come ;)

I got done for parking on Zig Zags...back in 1972 :lol: , I did see them while I was parking up but they weren't there the week before and I had no idea what they signified :blush: I'd been parking at this particular place for a few years. Got a £5 fine and an endorsement.

Pete

Good news Jay, but it would still get those witness statements while its still fresh in minds? I find in my professional role its better to get witness advice sooner rather than later - in the same way the police do, as it could make the difference if crunch time does come ;)

+1

I had exactly this problem a number of years back when some woman pulled straight out in front of me and knocked me off my motorbike. All the witnesses came up and said to me that they couldnt believe the woman didnt see me and that they all thought it was her fault. The woman herself admitted it was her fault etc...

However... my insurance company were next to useless and spent 8 months haggling with the other insurance company before deciding to go to court to decide liability. They only then tried to get witness statements, by which time the witnesses couldnt remember what day of the week it was, let alone who was where.

Result was, it was decided as a 50/50 liability and I ended up loosing 4 years NCB on my motorbike.

Feel for u mate. U know the trouble I had with the police last year that could have Bern resolved within minutes but instead it's still going on. Like u say, young guy + flash car = police field day

I know a guy who used to get pestered constantly, complained time and time again. Eventually got a meeting with the woman in charge of strathclyde traffic police to make his complaint properly. Now when he gets stopped he drops her name and the tone in the cops voices changes instantly :lol: