Just been given 3 points

Jay

Not a great day at all. So I was dropping my fiancee off at her friends house today and I could see that one of her friends bfs was pulling out of a space, which was directly behind a zig zag line... so I flashed him.. pulled behind him which is the zig zag line... however kept crawling so was never stationary while he was moving out of the space and I naturally drove straight into the space. Next minute I know the police where at my car door saying I was PARKED on the zig zag line and I was getting fined. I feel soo bloody ahrd done by as I was not on the zig zag line for more than 5 seconds and I was never stationery....... to say I am raging is an under statement. However I think I am going to appeal it... so its 3 points and a £60 fine. Which will mean I will have 6 points in total.... so God knows what my insurance will be :thumbdown:

:rant::angry::bang::bang:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup tell me about it Will...... I just checked on the net and it basically stated that you must not PARK on zig zag lines, which I wasn't so I am going to challenge it and see what happens.. the joys :bangin:

Cheers guys, am glad I am not the only one that thinks this. I have 4 witnesses, 3 of which are lawyers, so hopefully this will help. I also have a picture of a car parked right behind me on zig zags and they didnt book him :surrender: and I was in a car park space. I said to the officer, look guys is there a fine or course I can go to as I cant afford to keep the car if I have 6 points on my license and she turned round and said its your fault for having a flash car then isnt it. I couldnt believe it, however my main issue is... I was not parked on the lines thus should not get booked. No doubt it will go to court... but I refuse to pay for something that I DID NOT DO :thumbs:

Jealousy gets you nowhere in life.

Hope you got her badge number.

Go to court and plead not guilty.

I went to courtroom on my first offence doing 140mph with a cop car following me for 5 mile, long story. Got away with 6 points and a £300 fine. I you have the time I'd appeal in court, you have a valid case.

Cheers guys, am glad I am not the only one that thinks this. I have 4 witnesses, 3 of which are lawyers, so hopefully this will help. I also have a picture of a car parked right behind me on zig zags and they didnt book him :surrender: and I was in a car park space. I said to the officer, look guys is there a fine or course I can go to as I cant afford to keep the car if I have 6 points on my license and she turned round and said its your fault for having a flash car then isnt it. I couldnt believe it, however my main issue is... I was not parked on the lines thus should not get booked. No doubt it will go to court... but I refuse to pay for something that I DID NOT DO :thumbs:

I have fought this attitude before in the police and come out the victor. More than once. I can't stand that attitude and it really is poisonous jn the police force.

Contest the ticket officially as soon as you can and I'd also be writing a letter to the officers superiors stating that the comments made were out of hand.

I have just wrote a letter complaining about my ticket, but I dont know if I want to start having a go about the officers on letter, may keep that for court if it goes that far? I am really just guted guys as if my insurance goes above 1400 bucks, its just not worth keeping the 370z.. as yes I could afford it but its really not worth it.

Hey rich, nope the car was rolling at all times... as if I was stopped this mrs would have got out the car :lol:

there are a couple of gentleman officers on here i'm sure they could give you a better idea of how to approach this. i.e. what classes as parked etc.

I have just wrote a letter complaining about my ticket, but I dont know if I want to start having a go about the officers on letter, may keep that for court if it goes that far?.

I'd do it separately. If one or two of your guys were p***ing off your client and making the whole team look bad then I'm sure you'd want to know. Then you could have a word in the guys ear before it got to the point that they thought this was ok and could lead to you taking disciplinary action on them further down the line.

This is a lot of nonsense mate - feel sorry for you!!!!! In my opinion, the police in this instance are being power happy fools and there definitely seems to be a jealously element because you are a young guy driving a 'flash' car! These are the kind of cops that fuel my hatred of the police.* At the end of the day you were not parked to waiting on the lines....you may have went near them while manoeuvring into a legal parking position.

I think with this kind of thing they should have to provide photographic evidence of the car in question being parked on the lines but sadly they can pull the two cop bop up here. It sounds like you have enough credible witnesses to get off with this one Jay. The police are relying on the fact that it is inconvenient and costly for you to do so. My friend in the police force who you know ;) says 9 times out of 10 when these things are challenged people get off with them - I will mention this to her and see what she says.

*I am not saying there are not intelligent police officers or decent police officers but when all you need is a couple of GCSEs or standard grades to sign up, you are bound to get some halfwits signing up to the force.

Prohibition against the stopping of vehicles on crossings

18. The driver of a vehicle shall not cause the vehicle or any part of it to stop within the limits of a crossing unless he is prevented from proceeding by circumstances beyond his control or it is necessary for him to stop to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.

This link will be your friend. ;)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1997 ... tents/made

FIGHT IT.. I know someone in traffic police, I will ask them what they know.. I will PM you if they come back with anything. I hate some traffic police, I get pulled alot in my Z in Manchester centre and never in my other tiny mini car.. Last time, no lights on, in day time?? :blush::blush:

Re the police officer, 1st of all you need to complain to the PSD (Professional Standards Department) within that force, if they deal with it, it needs to go no further. IF they do not then you can go to the Independant Police Complaints Commision (IPCC) web site and see if you can also file a complaint.. Re Mr "For having a flash car".. PC D1CK..