Wax - Hard or Soft

350Chris

Afternoon all,

Just a quick question - I am looking at replenishing the cleaning box and upgrading a little while I am at it.

It has come to chosing a wax and I am looking at DJ supernatural or the DJ Blue Velvet (Azure car)

What is the difference between the hard and the soft wax compunds - do they have very different characteristics in application, preparation or finish?

Cheers

Chris

i have the blue velvet and the purple haze and used to have super natural. they are all pretty identical. they come in a pot you rub it on the car, then rub it off. consistency is all pretty close. the softer ones are slightly easier to apply. but the difference is marginal.

the do little test pots for £10, you can buy 1 of each and try them all out.

I think SN is probably one of the best of both worlds for reasonable money. Easy on, but lasts well.

This.

SN goes on almost as easy as a soft wax and hardens nicely like a proper hard wax (exc collinite!). Gives noticeably longer protection from what I've seen but is dead easy to top up when required.

Its down to personal preferance really.

Dodo do hard and soft waxes and there really is not much between them.

Price wise/durability the Supernatural will cost a bit more and you'll get possibly an extra 1-2 months durability per application in my experience.

I do stock the panel pots, the full size ones and also the hybrid version so if you do need anything please give me a shout.

Cheers

Tim

350Chris, that is my name on the evo forum... very confusing :wacko:

I used the Blue velvet on my gun metal Z and it looks grate. Repels water really well. It has been on about a month (although not driven much) still shakes off water and muck remarkably well. Can't comment on the other products though as i haven't used them.

Also it smells amazing :cloud9:

I would recommend the DJ finger mit things for applying it. cheap and work really well. i got my car done in no time at all.

this guy reccomends sealent for protection and harder waxes for looks. i have never used sealent but i might give it a try some time.

Collinite 915.

collinite-marque-d-elegance-915-md.jpg

Lasts a long time and very reasonably priced. If you're man enough to buff it off!

:thumbs::thumbs: and converted a couple of Southerners to it.

If it's hard to buff,you've applied too thick. :lol:

I'm still ploughing through 4 tins of Simoniz original (costco impulse buy). Nice and shiney, but a complete git to polish off too if the temperature is less than about 20C.

That's what Ebay's for. :lol:

I use blue velvet on my night blue and it comes up peachy.

As far as hard vs soft I thought it depended on how you apply the wax, soft if you apply by hand and hard if your using an applicator, stops you overloading the pad with wax....

i use the bluevelvet and purple haze pro versiosn which have a little something extra in them

I ordered a blue velvet panel pot last week to try - all being well it should be there today!

Then it's just waiting for my replacement clay lube (where they sent me the wrong one :angry: )

Roll on the weekend!!