New wheels! 22" - They are BIG! Pics & Drive by

Beau

Hey guys, I got a bit bored of my old 19" wheels and thought I would upgrade, Originally I wanted something more showy and bigger (20") but came across some nice 22" wheels :stir:

So out of boredom I got the 22" wheels and decided to swap them today! :D

They are 9.5J all round with an offset of 25, and then I have 20mm spacers all round so that makes it an offset of just +5. The front tyre size is 245 30 22, and the rears are 295 25 22. I realise the wheel diameter is bigger than the original, but I didnt want too low profile tyres.

Here are some pics, and a small clip.

BEFORE ON 19"

DSC04813.jpg

AFTER ON 22" :)

DSC06694.jpg

DSC06692.jpg

stretched!

DSC06691.jpg

DSC06689.jpg

DSC06688.jpg

DSC06687.jpg

DSC06686.jpg

DSC06685.jpg

Video link: http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd3 ... V06696.mp4

I was quite surprised how the ride was, it was fairly good and not too bad. I dont use the car a lot, so I quite enjoy having the "show" car look. :lol: And being that I live in Milton Keynes the roads are very good and pot holes are not so common.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Dont want to be rude but I think it looks really really bad and completely moronic. It looks like a 4x4. This is the sort of thing my old man would try to do to be cool and down with the kids

Edit: Typo

Not to be rude, but....

I honestly thought this was going to be a joke thread when I opened it.

Honestly, putting cheap looking 22's on a car has ruined it. And you can't call it a show car just for some huge wheels.

Again, not being rude but..... Leave that stuff to the Americans.

If you was to do show car, look at P15ult.

I don't think they are that bad, (I've seen much worse done to a Zed)

I'm with Ricey - I sort of like them.

Practicality may be an issue but variety is the spice of life. :)

I'm a bit torn, I normally think 19's are max for any zed and even 20's look wrong, but in your case I think your 22's look better than your 19's but that might be because I don't like black wheels and because your 22's fill the arches nicely.

Practically, I suspect they are really heavy, the speedo will be a long way out, they will be bent within 6 months and the handling will be poo.

But well done for being different and doing what you like :thumbs:

. It will be fine if you just poodle around between shows and taking pictures. ;)

I don't think they are that bad, (I've seen much worse done to a Zed)

I'm with Ricey - I sort of like them.

Practicality may be an issue but variety is the spice of life. :)

That's because you're also getting to that age where you do mental stuff to be down with the kids :lol:

I personally think it looks bad and a decent pot hole will send the wheel through the arch. The gap between the arch is small but the gap below the chassis and road is huge. I think 22's look too big on some 4x4's let alone a zed. A decent corner and there will be tyre damage, I'll put my money on it.