How to Smurfadise a Zed......**Yellow Brembos** P29

glrnet

Laverne lives :yahoo: :yahoo: Got the Plenum on and the airbox, intake pipes etc and a new MAF. Bled the cooling system after fitting the new Mishimotofans that seems like weeks ago and she started first time. The idle and return to idle after revving is much improved with the new MAF. Will do the idle/accelerator learning thing tomorrow just to make sure all is ok, bumper back on etc, engine cover to arrive from Ricey@Revolve Automotive and fingers crossed, job done. :lol: Can't wait to drive the old girl again, it's been a long time, and I'd forgotten how good the ARK sounds :thumbs:

• Like 2

Thank god that lot landed safely!

Engine cover went out today mate......at the 4th time of trying!

What a bloody job that lot has been. I seem to recall years ago holding you in high esteem for painting those bits with a rattle can......I could have throttled you for doing it after 4 hours on the blasting cab!

• Like 1

Yup, you are the packaging maestro, oh and your handy work isn't too shabby either :yahoo: Sorry for all the effort :console: but the finished article is going to look so good, pictures tomorrow. The Smurf household has been really busy with cardboard recycling thsi afternoon !!

• 3 weeks later...

Popped down to The Shed last night and had some great banter with Keyser, Bollard and Wasso, great curry Ian, thank you. :)

Today Chris & Bob set about transforming Laverne with Torqen Coillies and SPL drop links.

We hadn't being going long and Chris needed a lie down ( he's sugar deprived nowadays )

IMG_6850_zpskpaae5no.jpg

He eventually recovered and this happend

IMG_6851_zpsgpdicbl3.jpg

IMG_6853_zps3tehwuap.jpg

IMG_6856_zpsahzajgso.jpg

Had a little bit of bother with the old droplinks though

IMG_6857_zpsxdvgdrqc.jpg

But they came off after much effing and jeffing

IMG_6858_zpsofstdmi8.jpg

To be replaced with these beauties

IMG_6859_zpsafzxne8i.jpg

Did the rears as well but I was never going to go this low, Bob is a strong persuader

IMG_6866_zpswi30y00w.jpg

After some readjustments we ended up with about a 20mm real drop and the suspension set at exactly halfway on the hard/soft adjusters.

IMG_6867_zpswjeac8x0.jpg

IMG_6868_zpsj94eheha.jpg

IMG_6869_zpsvbloppnp.jpg

IMG_6870_zpsoqldktdq.jpg

Obviously not as slammed as some of our younger fraternity's (and Bob's) cars but it was just the look I was after, considering it hasn't had a 4 wheel alignment (Monday at Kaizer Motors) the dirve home was a delight. It feels and drives like a different car, mind you i wasn't pushing too hard. Firmer and more level and stable in corners and already the traction control is kicking in less when coming out of tight bends in a hurry. Monday should make see some more improvements after the 4 wheel alignment and the drop links are properly adjusted. I'll do a proper write up after Monday when I get the car back from Sly.

I can't thank Chris and Bob enough and as usual they carried out a fantastic job. Thanks to Kim and the girls for copious amounts of tea, coffee and bacon rolls.

I saw something today that has left me greatly concerned about Chris and Bob, not one doughnut consumed by either of them!!!

Thanks again guys, great day, great company and a great result. I love this place. :)

• Like 9

I saw something today that has left me greatly concerned about Chris and Bob, not one doughnut consumed by either of them!!!

This is exactly why I needed a lie down - lack of energy from not taking in all that sugar :(

Still love doughnuts Mmmmmmmmm

Speaking of sugary sweet treats I think the food police were about and I believe some incriminating photo graphic evidence is about :ninja:

Great day thought good to see you again matey - see you again Sunday :thumbs:

Also Mr G - I may not have mentioned it at all today but I have a 370 ;)

Edited by Keyser