How to Smurfadise a Zed......**Yellow Brembos** P29

glrnet

I was waiting for that :p

however..... I was told 15-20 minutes between coats to allow them to bond together :blush:

In fairness Andy, yours do look bloody good, just been a bit busy today and it's cold in the workshop. The paint is supposed to be applied at 60F so I used a halogen lamp to warm the whole area, no point in rushing and that's the beauty of having a spare set off the car. :) I shall bake them in the oven to cure them as suggested by the paint manufacturer, not sure that I'll clear coat them, we'll see what they look like with 3 or 4 coats on and make a decision.

**edit** which clear coat did you use Andy?

• Like 1

You going for the VHT Anodised paint? I used the red variant, it's a lovely finish and has lasted well, it's available in smurf blue!

They are blue at the moment and fancied a complete change!!! Not anodised altough I was very tempted.

@ Stu I will have a full set in Azure Blue for sale at some point

• Like 1

So, after not having had time to do anything since, I checked the first rear caliper and the primer coat looks pretty good. Decided to make a start on one of the front calipers today, managed to collect some dust as you can see but nothing a quick wet and dry won't sort out.

IMG_6338_zps3d9a14f4.jpg

IMG_6340_zpsc9cab369.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We had some sunshine yesterday morning so took off a few engine bits and bobs, time for a "freshen up" :)

IMG_0666_zpskghngyt3.jpg

What did you take off?

That looks the same as last time I saw under your bonnet :p

:lol:

Keep up the good work :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

:snack:

Can't wait to see your colour choice G. :thumbs:

Here's a clue :D

IMG_6523_zpsn37akiuc.jpg

Not so much of a clue though is it?, :dry: ...more like this is the colour. :lol:

Should look nice with the yellow calipers contrasting against the lovely blue colour of your Zed. B) Good choice. :)

• Like 1

Thanks GMb, I'm still a bit worried about it and it's very much a Marmite choice I think, the good thing is yellow and blue are both primary colours and go well together apparently. Fingers crossed, just wanted to do something a bit different after matching blue calipers. :)

Blue and yellow go great imo mate providing there's not too much yellow, good choice :)

But I'm biased, my previous car was a racing blue Clio with yellow roll cage, calipers etc

• Like 1