Our dream home! A huge thank you to Sarnie!

Cragus

Hey fellow zedders,

I would of created this thread three weeks ago but I have been in Mexico for the last two weeks - I know, hard times!

The missus and I have been looking for the perfect place for a while and from the offset Liam (aka Sarnie) talked us through everything we needed to consider. At this point we were first time buyers and total noobs to the process. When we found our house, Liam not only organised our mortgage but also sorted our life insurances and our building and contents policy too. Liam completed all the paperwork with minimal effort on our part and in addition to this chased the other relevant parties up (e.g. solicitors) to make sure the process was completed quickly and smoothly. This was particularly important to us as we had to complete before the stamp duty holiday to save us paying an extra £2k. We completed the day before thanks to Liam's persistence - I think it made be one of the quickest purchases ever.

Furthermore, while Liam was extremely helpful he also got us a mortgage rate that the high street banks couldn't touch. If you are looking to do anything mortgage or insurance related then do yourself a favour and give Liam a PM - you won't regret it. Again mate - thanks for all your help making it possible to get our new home!

Some pictures:

Private tree lined road up to the house:

IMG_1628.jpg

The exterior at night with zed:

photo-18.jpg

The exterior during day with polo:

Image2.jpg

Utility Room:

photo-19.jpg

Kitchen:

Image19.jpg

Living Room:

Image50.jpg

Image48.jpg

Bedrooms:

Image36.jpg

Image38.jpg

Image32.jpg

Image39.jpg

Hall upstairs:

Image28.jpg

Hall downstairs:

Image21-1.jpg

Bathroom:

Image26.jpg

Jack and Jill Bathroom:

Image30.jpg

Image34.jpg

Toilet downstairs:

Image14.jpg

Window views:

Image33.jpg

Image44.jpg

Image3.jpg

Haven't taken any pics of the garden or that yet but I'll add these when we get moved in! :)

Wow, thank you very much for the kind words. :blush:

Seeing the photo's is really weird for me as I never get to see the house being purchased, it's usually just a load of words and digits on an application form.

I'm glad I was able help make it happen for you. :thumbs:

Ps: With regards to that £2k I saved you, my invoice for £1,995 is in the post :lol:

Spot on craig the house looks great B) Where abouts is it?

Liam... I may need to give you a wee call soon as in the next 4 or 5 months I will need to sort out a mortgage for a first time buyer aswell :thumbs:

Cheers everyone! We are delighted with the house. It has been finished to a very high standard - fortunately for us, it hadn't sold due to the collapse in market. Cheques in the post Liam :lol:

The house warming is as soon as I get some furniture in - shopping furiously at present.

Alright Jay - it is a private development called Kerse off the M74 at Lesmahagow. At the end of the private road there is a huge tesco and the slip road to head back up the M74 into Glasgow. Perfect location too. We should get a zed meet at it soon if you fancy a swatch!

In the process of buying furniture buddy. :lol:

Thanks for all the positive comments guys - we fell in love when we saw it. I was determined that I wasn't buying a property without a big garage and I even let that slide.

For those of you looking to buy, now is the time to do it - it really is a buyers market and you can throw some serious low ball offers about.