Hi, from Southampton

Just thought I'd say hi as I've been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now.

I'm from Southampton. Currently own a Mazda MX5 (mk2.5) and a Suzuki SV650S (for those into bikes) but getting bored of the MX5 now as, despite being a great car to drive, it's not quick enough. I'm turning 21 in June and I've decided to buy a Zed! Surprisingly, insurance was a LOT less than I expected.

Currently in the process of putting the MX5 back to standard (just need to find a standard exhaust and wheels somewhere on eBay or something!) then I can put it up for sale. Hopefully with the weather getting better, it shouldn't take too long to sell :)

What I'll be looking for (ideally):

UK model

GT pack

Rays alloys

Black or blue preferably, but I'd consider grey or orange if the right car came up. Definitely not silver, as I don't like silver cars and have already had 3 (including my current MX5)

I believe this should come with this basic list of features:

Heated leather seats

LSD

Cruise control

TC button

Xenons

Spoiler

First mods to get me going:

20mm front spacers

25mm rear spacers

Eibach lowering springs

Stubby aerial

Black roof lining

Maybe some carbon wrap on other interior parts

Plenum spacer - yet to research

Maybe induction kit - yet to research

Some sort of exhaust system - yet to research

So yeah, hi!

Sam

Welcome buddy! I only live in Havant and work in Winchester. Good luck with your search. Took me well over a month of daily internet browsing to find my Zed. Your 21....awesome car but your insurance must be mental!! I was with Swift cover before buying the Zed and they said i had to be 28 to insure it!! So of course i went elsewhere.

Anyways good luck mate. Whats your budget il keep an eye out for you.

Cheers for the welcome guys, looks like a great forum from what I've seen so far!

Ideally want to spend around £6500. I have seen quite a few Zeds around £6.5-7k which look like they'd fit the bill for me.

Got an insurance quote with Admiral for about £840 fully comp with £650 excess which is great for my age for a Zed! :yahoo:

Cheers for the welcome guys, looks like a great forum from what I've seen so far!

Ideally want to spend around £6500. I have seen quite a few Zeds around £6.5-7k which look like they'd fit the bill for me.

Got an insurance quote with Admiral for about £840 fully comp with £650 excess which is great for my age for a Zed! :yahoo:

Thats a fantastic quote for insurance there. Admiral wanted to fleece me for a lot more than that.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum :)

It is nice to see someone who has done a little bit of homework on then zed and also states that they know what they want but have to do more research to get the end product :thumbs: The search button is your friend buddy :yahoo: