Finally have myself a decent car :-)

Hey guys,

New owner, just popping my head above the parapet to say hi. Bought a UK 2005 GT with Rays in black recently and wanted to thank you for the useful information on this forum. I’ve been lurking for a while now…

My last car was a 68hp Fabia (only had my license a couple of years, despite being 32 – it’s a London thing), so the 350 is a big step up in power and cost. Luckily my petrolhead brother has been able to guide me through the whole process and has been a real help. I’ve liked the 350 for a long time, but was initially hankering after a Porsche 911 (old ones obviously). However, I think the 350 is the most intelligent choice. Obviously it’s early days, but it appears to have the best balance of virtues mixed with the lowest downside risk.

I’m sure I’ll be back after a week or two with some noddy questions, hopefully none of them about replacing a gearbox. But I look forward to a few years of fun motoring in my new Z.

Cheers,

DT

Thanks guys - will post some pics soon but haven't done so yet because the only photosnapographical device I have is a 3.2mp HTC phone and the results have not been pretty.

I would be grateful if one of the more experienced Zedders here could PM their mobile number. I'd like to (potentially) have a private chat with an expert this weekend about the more technical facets of the car (it'll be on a ramp) and the ride, given that I have no previous Z experience to compare my new acquisition against.

DT

Where abouts in SE London are you? I'm SW4 so pretty close to everywhere :)

We just had a meet in Kent which was pretty awesome. Look forward to seeing you at the next one!

I couldn't talk to you about the car though. I don't understand car language at all. Now if you were to ask me about my free Oyster card...