acceleration after donuts

se350z

hi everyone, today i done couple of donuts in a private car park and my acceleration doesn't respond like before...when i push the gas pedal in any gear the rpm goes up but the car doesn't get faster like before.. any ideas what it could be?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im 21, going to be 22 in 8 days, got 4 year claim bonus, and they want £2000 from me

How high are we talking?

between 2700-6000

And now you know why your insurance is so high.

Insurance companies statistically think people your age are more likely to kill/damage their cars doing donuts.

And you have just proved them right. :wacko:

Then WE wonder why OUR insurance premiums are so high... :ban:

im 21, going to be 22 in 8 days, got 4 year claim bonus, and they want £2000 from me

How high are we talking?

between 2700-6000

Insurance companies statistically think people your age are more likely to kill/damage their cars doing donuts.

Yep, coz donuts statistically cause thousands of road injuries and body damage to cars evey year, and insurance companies pay out millions for worn clutches. :bangin:

Its his car, if he wants to stunt about a bit then its up to him. Only thing Id mention is that any car park accessible from the road counts as public, so if there was CCTV as well you might have bigger issues than a f00bed clutch ;)

How high are we talking?

between 2700-6000

Yep, coz donuts statistically cause thousands of road injuries and body damage to cars evey year, and insurance companies pay out millions for worn clutches. :bangin:

Its his car, if he wants to stunt about a bit then its up to him. Only thing Id mention is that any car park accessible from the road counts as public, so if there was CCTV as well you might have bigger issues than a f00bed clutch ;)

Im sure you can see the point I am getting at. Even on a carpark, he could have lost it and hit another car, rather than just knackering his clutch.

I am NOT saying I haven't done it myself! :lol: .... Just pointing out the reason young drivers insurance is so high. :D

If they are privately owned car parks that are directly accessible off a public highway, they do not count as "public".

That said, insurance considerations can still apply and if the owners permission not obtained, there could be repercussions if caught - cctv has a lot to answer for :lol:

I laugh, because when I use to compete in National autotests I would often 'test' changes/set-ups on the car and visit a local industrial estate when everyone had gone home, tut tut :bangin::lol:

But no cameras around then :sly:

But I cannot condone that now of course :innocent:

Or more to the point, that younger drivers tend to be more exploratory...we have all been there done it...donuts and driven dangerously on roads in excess of the speed limit (although I was in a 1.1L Fiesta with four odd tyres and not a Zed!) You do it when you are younger because you havent done it before and you want to try it out. Being older, wiser and generally slower makes you less of a risk :lol:

I had it at the weekend, dropped Rebecca off in Reading, then driving back to Windsor coming up off a slip road had some chav in a beat up Audi tail gaiting me, I started to blip the throttle and the Z roared and started to pull away but as I hit 60 just plopped it into 4th and cruised on the inside lane as I got onto the A road. He came tearing by on the outside and I could see him checking his mirrors, over his shoulder, really like he was in a big race or something - he had a proper serious face on and probably rushed straight off to tell his mates how he beat a 350z in his N reg Audi 1.6 diesel - to be honest, just laughed inwardly at him and carried on my merry way. Suspect he is more likely to wrap his Audi round a tree before I am ... (thats hexed it now!)

Hope we haven't scared off the OP :blackeye:

Whatever people think of doing doghnuts in a car park at night, I would hedge my bets that those people who do them have a much higher statistical risk of having an insurance claim than those who don't. I've been young and never wanted to impress my chav buddies by burning my tyres for no particular reason whatsoever. The downside is that the insurance companies have no easy way of distinguishing the doughnuts from other young drivers, hence everybody gets stung by high insurance.