acceleration after donuts

se350z

Not all young drivers insurance is high lol. Mines is 700 this year. Mods declared. 23yra old, 3yrs Ncb, 4/5k crash 2.5years ago.

What I found out for myself and think most young drivers are the same. We all think we're great drivers. You only find out that you are not when something goes wrong and you can't control it. A good driver should be able to. This was a wake up call for me. Took it to the track for lessons and some discipline.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not all young drivers insurance is high lol. Mines is 700 this year. Mods declared. 23yra old, 3yrs Ncb, 4/5k crash 2.5years ago.

What I found out for myself and think most young drivers are the same. We all think we're great drivers. You only find out that you are not when something goes wrong and you can't control it. A good driver should be able to. This was a wake up call for me. Took it to the track for lessons and some discipline.

Good call that, I am 36, have driven a whole host of cars and some fast ones on tracks but then you see what other people can do and you realise what amateurs most of us really are :blush: I fully intend to take an advanced driving course in the very near future :thumbs:

Good call that, I am 36, have driven a whole host of cars and some fast ones on tracks but then you see what other people can do and you realise what amateurs most of us really are :blush: I fully intend to take an advanced driving course in the very near future :thumbs:

I can't recommend the IAM enough.

I did my test... and got a F1RST B)

If they are privately owned car parks that are directly accessible off a public highway, they do not count as "public".

Like Tescos? Care to explain how a mate of mine recently got an 18 month ban for doing some second gear donuts in a Tesco carpark after he got caught on CCTV? ;)

Good to see a few people have 'fessed up to be a little bit naughty from time to time, I just cant abide the holier than thou thing when its a kid doing it, we were all there once. The fact its going to cost a good few hundred bucks to change the clutch is probably enough of a deterrent to do it again anyway :D

If they are privately owned car parks that are directly accessible off a public highway, they do not count as "public".

Like Tescos? Care to explain how a mate of mine recently got an 18 month ban for doing some second gear donuts in a Tesco carpark after he got caught on CCTV? ;)

Good to see a few people have 'fessed up to be a little bit naughty from time to time, I just cant abide the holier than thou thing when its a kid doing it, we were all there once. The fact its going to cost a good few hundred bucks to change the clutch is probably enough of a deterrent to do it again anyway :D

:thumbs:

I just thought it was funny that he was moaning in one thread that his insurance was so high.... then in this one confessing to killing his clutch by doing donuts in another.

Cause and effect :lol:

I just thought it was funny that he was moaning in one thread that his insurance was so high.... then in this one confessing to killing his clutch by doing donuts in another.

Cause and effect :lol:

Like it or not, it just reinforces the sterotype people have of young lads. TBH I've always thought that there should be more courses for young lads, kind of like the Car Limits airfield days where you can go a rag your car around for £40 and not have anyone or anything to hit. Shame there arent more places like that about as a lot more accidents would be averted if they did. All lads want to go and have a rag around, some just dont choose very wise places to have a go :doh:

See here:

http://www.rjerrard.co.uk/law/cases/clarke1.htm

Many shades of grey on the interpretation but I would suggest that if a 'car park' displays a sign that it is private then I am quite sure a good lawyer would be able to get a prosecution of not complying with the Road Traffic Act set aside.

But as retail parks/supermarkets etc by their very nature want the 'public' on their land then there is a risk the CPS would pursue a prosecution - in your friends case I would guess becaue there was a perceived risk to public safety. :shrug:

I think the stereotyping of "all lads" wanting to go out doing doughnuts in a Macdonalds car park is a little too general. I know that I and a number of other young male drivers have never really had the urge to do that primarily due to the fact that once you spend a little longer than half a second thinking about it and if you aren't the type who wears his trousers around the knees, you never really want to appear to be a clueless teenage idiot and actually might have better things to do at the weekend/evening.

The way Ive been told it, if the public can get onto it and walk on it (and then get hit by donutting car) then I can be prosecuted for giving it the large on there. Kinda makes sense, the only place we ever used to practise that was totally 100% kosher was a military base, that had locked gates and a man with a gun on the front door :D

The guy did some donuts. Ruined his clutch which aren't the best anyway and everyone gets on their high horse.

What if the car park was completely empty no one there and it was safe to do donuts. Yeah it's abit silly but it doesn't make him a bad driver. Same thing when that guys engine blew a few people couldn't say ahh shame no the high horse was being ridden.

The guy did some donuts. Ruined his clutch which aren't the best anyway and everyone gets on their high horse.

What if the car park was completely empty no one there and it was safe to do donuts. Yeah it's abit silly but it doesn't make him a bad driver. Same thing when that guys engine blew a few people couldn't say ahh shame no the high horse was being ridden.

It was safe ;) Half of the car park was empty the other half was full of sports car, a to z...we meet up every sunday and chill in the car park..

That said, insurance considerations can still apply and if the owners permission not obtained, there could be repercussions if caught - cctv has a lot to answer for :lol:

I laugh, because when I use to compete in National autotests I would often 'test' changes/set-ups on the car and visit a local industrial estate when everyone had gone home, tut tut :bangin::lol:

But no cameras around then :sly:

But I cannot condone that now of course :innocent:

Hmmmmmm

IMG_9519.jpg

:drive1:blink:

Where can i get cheap good clutch?

Abbey can supply the parts for around 600 but then you need to pay to get it fitted also.

ZMANALEX can also supply the parts.

you're looking at a bill of around £900 for your donuts ;)

It was safe ;) Half of the car park was empty the other half was full of sports car, a to z...we meet up every sunday and chill in the car park..

It is exactly this which has killed off the scene in my part of the UK.

Police were perfectly happy to let us sit around and admire each other cars. There were 4 large meets every week throughout the region.

But the people doing donuts and generally acting the fool got it all stopped. Killed the scene dead in the space of 6 months.

For what its worth, I don't class doing Donuts as "chilling".

Yeah yeah, I was off topic. blah blah.

Back on topic,

If you intend on ragging the hell out of your clutch by doing such stunts, then get yourself a decent one otherwise you will be paying again in a few months time after you destroy the next one.

Get a Exeddy clutch and Fidenza flywheel. It'll cost you, but its worth it.

So all in all a bit of a donut doing them instead of eating them. :doh:

Note use of appropriate smilie :teeth:

(Sorry Lexx :surrender: )

Lesson learnt for the OP and if the urge takes you again ask Darren-B to show you how as he is still on the same same clutch after some 65k miles; some 30 full trackdays and er, lots of roundies ;)