Some sad news

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

FAO Traders.... No need to read on..... im not closing Tarmac Sportz ;)B)

Hi all,

Took me 10 minutes to write that above as this is a bit emotional for me...(not the FAO traders bit)

For those that know me, some of you will know whats coming for those that don't... here's a bit of an insight

I bought a 350z 3 years ago.... saw one, test drove it, fell in love with it, did no research and bought it, a year later I joined here and my first post was asking about child seats... still don't know the definitive answer lol..

My user name was geraghtyr200 (irish surname - english born and bred), no one could spell or pronounce it so I was given the nickname by Rich of 'Tarmac'... My real name is Chris, im 33 years old and I like to think im a good guy, I like the odd drink, I like a laugh and I love cars..

As some of the mods will probably confirm, I was not the best behaved member when I first joined and was told off by Beavis on many occasion... "The success of marriage " thread being one particular area I posted frequently... Having met Beavis I can say he is a good guy and we get on well. I'd never been on a forum before and was a little naive...

My car, this forum and the friends ive met have changed my life for the better... I will never forget that and I will always be very grateful to the work put in by the admins and mods to make this place what it is and given people like me the opportunities it has..

During my time on the forum me and my partner gave birth to a little girl called Carmela(Mellie Moo)... it was the happiest time of my life and I am the proudest father in the world, she is the most important thing in my life and I would die for her... My partner had two boys from a previous relationship and its always going to be a challenge bringing up children that are not yours but it was a challenge I was prepared to take on... Unfortunately due to a string of bad times 'out of respect I won't divuldge' ,our relationship ended in May and I moved out...

Its been the hardest time of my life but it was the right thing to do, Tarmac Sportz has helped me focus on things and taken up a lot of time in a good way... luckily me and my ex have remained on relatively good terms and I have my little angel 4 times a week... In fact the time we have together is probably more special then when we lived as a family, I have a big circle of friends so we are out at play areas, parties, friends etc most weeks ( i think I have more fun in the soft play areas than she does though ) :lol:

During the time since the split i've been borrowing my mums car to take Mellie out and drop her off etc, as you can imagine its awkward at times and can be a bit restrictive not having your own vehicle, so with great regret the time has come to sell and get something with rear seats...

Owning the Zed has been amazing for me, ive loved every second of my 3 years of ownership. She has been reliable, fun, exciting and a Joy in my life... I feel proud and privileged to have owned one... I know the last time I drive her or when I see her drive off without me I will break down and cry my bloody eyes out..

The natural progression from the Zed was going to be the 370z but thats going to have to be shelved till Mellie is old enough to go in the front seats... So, what next ? Well im a petrol head so it ain't going to be sensible is it.. i'd been saving before for a 370z for a while but not quite got enough for one I wanted 'black edition' anyway. Had many thoughts and looked at many cars, Supras, Evos etc then someone suggested a Porker.... Been talking a lot to Dan (Ekona) about his 911 experience and this is pretty much the car that floats my boat at the moment... similar performance, turns heads and has rear seats plus well in price range. Thanks for all your help Dan.

So what next for Tarmac Sportz... bigger and better things, website to come but most of all my dedication. Its just me, I will fly things in from the USA faster than anyone else, try and do things cheaper than anyone else, sort any issues and give advice when and where I can and im available at more times of the day than anyone else... im one of you guys at the end of the day...

Selling the Zed will be the hardest thing I ever do but I will be back in one thats for sure and it won't affect the business side or social side of things not having one... except meets and events but im sure I can ride shotgun with someone :thumbs:

Thanks for all your support guys I really do appreciate it, without this place the last few months would have been a lot tougher and I will always remember that

Chris

Difficult times Chris, but good to see you are remaining positive and although we haven't had the opportunity to get to know one another, I respect your dedication to the forum and particularly having seen what you went out of your way to do at the Wales wekend.

Like many others have found, the biggest downside of the ZED is the lack of rear seats when family needs dictate but as you are obviously a petrolhead through and through thank you for your loyalty to this forum and what you have set as a very high standard for other Traders.

Onwards and upwards as they say :thumbs:

Chris, I feel your pain I know I have only had my Zed for just over 2 years, but the thought of selling the best car I have ever owned fills me with sadness :surrender:

We all have to do what we have to do..... everyone's day will come.

I hope your next car will satisfy your current needs :thumbs:

P.S how much to ship Zed goodies to Canada :lol:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sounds like you've thought long and hard already mate but surely for the price of a 911 you could just buy and run a reasonable 4 door shed for carting the little Miss about and keep the Zed for best?

Or have you got the itchy car pants on?

Hope things work out really well for you. At least you have had 3 years of fun in the zed and there will be time in the future for the porker.

Hope you find a practical car that's still fun in the meantime and thanks for all your help recently with the berks :thumbs:

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks guys :thumbs:

Ricey... three years is a long time for me considering I had 7 cars in the same time before the Zed so it is time to upgrade... Like I mentioned it was going to be a 370 but money and seat restraints dictate otherwise..

I could get a shed but tbh, that just ain't me.... I want one car I love, I average 6k a year in my zed so doesn't really make sense clogging up the drive with two cars

Chris I read your story & know from personal experience how you feel. It's very obvious the love you have for your daughter & the sacrifice you are willing to make. If you are looking for a 4 seater have you considered a G35 or G37?

I did think about them a lot, I think I need to get the 911 out of my system though... always admired them as a kid and it ticks all the boxes. Went out in one yesterday and very much enjoyed it... Think Mellie wants one too

it was going to be a 370 but money and seat restraints dictate otherwise..

370 vs 911 money??? What 911's have you been looking at?.......you've not been in touch with Raymond Colletri to steal you one have you? :lol:

it was going to be a 370 but money and seat restraints dictate otherwise..

370 vs 911 money??? What 911's have you been looking at?.......you've not been in touch with Raymond Colletri to steal you one have you? :lol:

Well I can't afford to buy one due to maintenance payments so the next option was to steal one obviously :lol:

Been talking a lot to Dan (Ekona) about his 911 experience and this is pretty much the car that floats my boat at the moment... similar performance, turns heads and has rear seats plus well in price range. Thanks for all your help Dan.

No worries fella, glad I could be of help :thumbs:

At the end of the day, no matter what car you're in it's only a lump of metal and plastic, and it's the relationships you build up with fellow car nuts that really count IMHO. Get a good bunch and you're set for life, hence why I'm still here. :)

Well I can't afford to buy one due to maintenance payments

Hats off to you for doing the right thing and putting your daughter first :thumbs: ... Mrs DoogyRev's Ex known as "fu@kwit" has done everything in his power to avoid paying anything for his children. He see's them when it suits him (which is not very often), and lets then down at every opportunity. I think they as they have grown older they are starting to realise it and his relationship is going to suffer big time for it... which is sad.

At the end of the day, no matter what car you're in it's only a lump of metal and plastic, and it's the relationships you build up with fellow car nuts that really count IMHO. Get a good bunch and you're set for life, hence why I'm still here. :)

+1 for many of us, whether we stay with ZEDs or otherwise :thumbs:

Ah the "Success of Marriage Thread" - oh we did have fun on there ;)

Hope you find something suitable with four seats Chris :thumbs: Whatever you put Mellie in she'll look like the princess she is - she's the first child that has made me broody in a long time (and that is saying something :scare: ) :)

Good on you Chris. Nothing sad here but right choices :thumbs: Moreso you will still be here as a trader and before you know it will be back with a Z(370 that is ;)) In the interim shotgun seats will always be there a plenty for you mate.

PS: You know i still need the MD bits and will be adding some more stuff soon to that request :D

As some of the mods will probably confirm, I was not the best behaved member when I first joined and was told off by Beavis on many occasion... "The success of marriage " thread being one particular area I posted frequently... Having met Beavis I can say he is a good guy and we get on well. I'd never been on a forum before and was a little naive...

Aww thanks Chris but we did make a diamond out of ya ;)B)

Sorry to hear your selling but sometimes other things in life are more important than a car. :)