Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

Well, all updates are now complete for stage 1.

Clutch slave delivered this week and fitted before I had even arrived on Friday :clap: (cheers Chris and Bob).

Clutch is working good now rather than blowing slave cylinders. All pipes wrapped, fuel lines and anything that needed protection. Exhaust is all on, engine and gear box fluids filled. Fuel return all plumbed, oil relocation all done. Car put back together and is now ready for stage 2!

ELECTRICS!!!!

Stage 3 will be dependant on stage 2 but ultimately final fix and cosmetics.

So... I shall leave this little picture here as Chris opens up his champagne and chocolate to celebrate no more work on the car for a while. Thanks to Chris, Kim and kids for your hospitality, see you soon to collect Suzi for her journey to Norfolk.

9730C3B3-4941-40EF-914A-610DD6AD6D51_zpspnmgpupo.jpg

Well done guys.

Bet there is a que for those empty blue ramps! Lol

• Like 1

The Zed shed is empty!!!!!!

Not for long though got loads of my own stuff to do as well as a few others waiting.

I'm sure Suzy will be back soon - hopefully running - for the finishing touches before MOT :)

Keep watching ;)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tonight I had a phone call!!!

"We've had a few technical issues this week I'm afraid, especially when we had to use 13 fire extinguishers, and took 5 minutes to put the fire out! We managed to put the fire out before the fire engines arrived!"

:scare: !!!!!

"Sorry I didn't quite catch that" (whilst driving home)

"Yeah the rally spec Sierra Cosworth blew a fuel line, made a right mess of the Dyno room"

"Ahhhh right okay, I see technical issues"

Long story short I asked how it's going, progress is good having teething issues with the alternator. Needs some fathoming out but will get there I'm sure Carl said. Carl then mentioned she's holding pressures nicely, oil, water temps etc!

"YOU MEAN SHE IS ALIVE!!"

"Yeah had her running sweet this week, exhaust sounds great" he said.

"Wooooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!"

"She's ALIVE!"

Carl said "do you want to hear her?" HELL YEAH!!!!

I cannot express the noise! After all this work she sounds like a beast! This has made my week, year and century!

So there's the update she's alive. Phoned Chris immediately and my jubilation was welcomed with equal satisfaction"

I quote Chris "Wow I'm better than I thought!" Sure am dude :clap:

She wil be on the Dyno a week Monday for her tune. No video or anything yet but more than likely when she's on the Dyno.

More news as it happens :teeth:

I'm off to the pub now to CELEBRATE!

Edited by Wasso
  • Like 11

Chuffed, elated, excited and after 2+ years since this all started with a big box and a big boat, resulting in a lot of stress and worry, only to hear the V8 sound. Tempted to make a trip up there in the week.

Once there's photos and vids I'll get them up.

• Like 2

O yes I got the call Friday night, very happy great to know everything seems to work as designed / fabricated - see how the dyno run goes now :)

Ian sounded chuffed on the phone as well he should and fair play for sticking with it even when I was starting to lose all hope :scare:

great news m8.....seems longer than 2 years to be honest since that box landed in my garage.

And we all got hernias lifting it out ;)

Ahh yes I remember that day half a dozen of us trying to lift that V8 out of Busters garage and onto the pickup OMG!

In fact it reminds me of a something that happened quite a few years ago, during the war ................. but I will tell you that another time :lol:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 2

Been 20 months and counting :lol:

Thing is I really don't fancy driving at the weekends when you do 800 miles a week on a motorway, so I've not really missed "driving". But I do miss the corners that's for sure. My Alfa is a big black comfy sofa and I like that. So I'm really looking forward to enjoying Suzi again. Still a fair amount of work to be done though and cosmetically she needs a total refresh, she's a bit bruised. This sort of fits in line with the end goal, but means I have to make decisions on whether to wrap or paint.

O yes I got the call Friday night, very happy great to know everything seems to work as designed / fabricated - see how the dyno run goes now :)

Ian sounded chuffed on the phone as well he should and fair play for sticking with it even when I was starting to lose all hope :scare:

great news m8.....seems longer than 2 years to be honest since that box landed in my garage.

And we all got hernias lifting it out ;)

Ahh yes I remember that day half a dozen of us trying to lift that V8 out of Busters garage and onto the pickup OMG!

In fact it reminds me of a something that happened quite a few years ago, during the war ................. but I will tell you that another time :lol:

Oooooooo, I can hardly wait, might pop down later on!!!
  • Like 1