Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

Sorry folks no update......

Delays contributed by the fact Keyser wants to build a fortress! (Well that's what the council, planners, authorities and the like seem to think)

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/95821-the-zed-shed-part-deux-build-try-again-p11/

Normal service will resume......... One day......

Don't worry activity is occurring in the background but not worth mentioning until we get the all clear to cut the White, sorry GREEN tape to open Zed Shed 2

• Like 3

Such a long wait lol but will be worth it

True, and to be fair whilst I miss driving a Zed, the change from driving a diesel chugger with crap suspension and moving to the finished article will be like driving the Star Ship Enterprise :lol:

• Like 3

so what stage are we at now? im excited to see vids and pics of this!!!

Ever seen those barn find pics, you know the dusty, rusty old heap with parts inside up to the top of the seats?

That is exactly the stage it is up to :scare:

Wasso and myself recently spent a Saturday afternoon (on my way back from driving the Fezza round Silverstone - you didn't need to know that but I thought I'd get it in anyway ;) ) We disscussed what next in detail drunk lots of coffee ate biscuits (shipped in especially for us) and had a good laugh :thumbs:

The Outcome -

I am building the new and improved Zed Shed 2 - but due to complications this is already 2 months behind schedule so the build is on hold.

When the new Shed is complete Suzi gets first shout, she will come in and we will take stock of the situation, we were "let down" (that does not cover it!) by the garage doing some fabrication with us so we are going to try and do most of the work ourselves. As Wasso has said we are still working on bits at the moment to find parts get wiring diagrams etc.

Then hopefully in the confines of the nice warm Zed Shed 2 we will spend the winter finishing off the build and get Wasso that v8 sound he so craves :)

So for now its hurry up and wait I doubt anything meaningful will happen for a good few weeks yet!!!

But we haven't given up !!!!!!!!!!

K

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

All on hold as above..... we might get cracking sometime in Jan poss Feb.

hmmm... I spy a challenge. Can I get my build done before yours! Ok mine has less electronics to be done, but it has bodywork to do and the electronics I do need are wired from scratch, including lights etc!

hmmm... I spy a challenge. Can I get my build done before yours! Ok mine has less electronics to be done, but it has bodywork to do and the electronics I do need are wired from scratch, including lights etc!

Piece of cake. :)

All on hold as above..... we might get cracking sometime in Jan poss Feb 2017.

Fixed that for you ;)

:thumbs:

You're just trying to goad me into putting her up for sale. I know your tricks remember!

I can do the advert for you -

Part Finished Project

Blah Blah

£1,500.00

Sold To Keyser Mods Please lock the thread :thumbs:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 4

There's probably a good chance. :thumbs:

Cool, I'm not racing to the finish, this isn't a simple FI build my dear folk. Some major fabrication as well as routing new plumbing, intake relocation, fueling upgrades, custom prop, ECU, exhaust, electrics as well as adding luxuries like a big brake kit, new diff, front end bumper change as well as skirts and rear.

In the hope it all fits, all works and no gremlins. Until ZS2 opens nothing will be happening.

Mine will finish before both of yours... I hope!

Engine swaps are harder than FI builds, also you have a garage (for the sake of argument) doing it for you :boxing:

I have basically the same to do as Wasso, just thankfully no ECU to have to make sing as that will not be easy/fast. Definitely some cool projects going on through this forum though :D:thumbs:

• Like 1