Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

Have to agree 4 pipes don't look right on a zed imo.

Look forward to seeing what plans you have for this exhaust :thumbs:

Quads look great on a GTR, looks meatier and would suit a big engined V8 too that was my logic...

one man's meat is another man's poison. It is still a zed and not a Gtr though, guess that I am just used to seeing two pipes on the zed.

Yeah I know what you mean, you get used to what you see as the norm, to me quads look sporty, plenty of sportier models have them as standard. I much prefer the look of smaller quads than mahoosive single cans.... each to their own and all that :thumbs:

Have ye faith..... 2015 yes!

June - it's an aiming point, if it's July I'm still happy but August, nah..... I'll not be happy if that be the case.

I have a suitable contingency plan.

I have a suitable contingency plan.

Is it this Ian . . Is it this?

Ha ha no, but why cut that small patch of grass go find a football field and open it up lol.

Same plan just plan B when it comes to finishing off, but there are a couple of options.

Okay it's time for a very small update for today.

We have two weekends available in which to honour stage 3 fluids and pipes/hoses, prop shaft and throttle pedal.

The prop shaft was collected today and a work of art to be honest (pics tomorrow)

Anyway as I say a small update.

Chris gets the car trailer in gear and hooked up to the pickup!

C09F8C90-2D1B-4868-9A06-C96FE80B1B2D_zps7tsu3qvz.jpg

Collecting Suzi from the garage.

FC8ADED1-F6BD-4268-B612-DD602FC708A2_zpsmy3yx1zv.jpg

At which point Chris said...... No need for the winch I've had my 6 Weetabix today! :scare:

2B2E982A-EA8E-41F5-A67D-295642EEB9AC_zpsnhrkj3xx.jpg

Nicely sat on the trailer ready for transportation back to the Zed Shed :clap:

6D3A0D70-78E2-436B-9433-B8552943C3A2_zpsjmvzgrss.jpg

Tomorrow will be the day of work and photos!

• Like 7

Evening all :wave:

Wasso tried to kill me today :scare:

Every time me or Buster laid down a tool he would be looking at his watch saying "need this done by June" :lol:

I won't tell you any of the "not so good" News, I will leave that for the man himself to update you all,

I wasn't allowed to use the camera as - Wasso (looks at watch - need this done) didn't want me wasting time so he took the pics on my camera,

So first thing was to fit the newly made Prop shaft,

Old and New

S1050906_zpspqmvv9e0.jpg

Heavy Duty UJ

S1050905_zps45mtmbbd.jpg

the new prop is a 2 part construction to match the LS OEM item, this means we had to fabricate a center bracket

Few bits of scrap metal

S1050907_zpsvp1biegt.jpg

Some cutting grinding and welding

S1050908_zps1eng1ila.jpg

Finished job

S1050910_zpsrwdiruic.jpg

S1050911_zps6ewdexq7.jpg

Some more shots he took -

S1050914_zpsp8t1bj97.jpg

S1050915_zpsznxhvggj.jpg

S1050913_zpshq3yapeo.jpg

S1050916_zps8wl6s5su.jpg

S1050917_zps2mrn9n7o.jpg

S1050918_zps839aaoa8.jpg

S1050921_zps6vfdtgmz.jpg

S1050919_zpsy2qnetpe.jpg

S1050923_zpsme6l1fno.jpg

S1050922_zpsts7b56xg.jpg

S1050925_zpsrgqupdxr.jpg

S1050924_zps0sy47s1t.jpg

Video is uploading now - I'll post it soon :)

Keyser and the Zed Shed Crew

:thumbs:

• Like 2

:lol: Very dramatic that intro, but what was more dramatic is I think I saw Wasso seemingly doing something other that drinking tea and playing on his moby :stir:

Its coming on though - so how long to firing up? :teeth:

• Like 1

It wasn't playing Colin, it was dealing with emergency situations and working out a whole new plan. What WAS is no longer and the direction of selected tuners/custom work/electrics is now changing. But for the better.

Okay well I could in effect (as described by Chris)......

We're ****ed and will need to in effect almost start again. Done!

The more detailed analysis of that is as follows:

The tuner/custom fab guy who we selected for the GEMS ECU was the likely candidate as he's a one stop shop (please note this) for all the work required. Okay so we changed plans with the ECU to move onto the Emerald same as BIZZ, but still Phoenix (custom chap) was a little put out that I wasn't going to spend some £3k on electrics and ECU. Anyway, so we scheduled in January to deliver the car end of Feb. This was then moved on two occasions by Phoenix until the 9h March. We finally picked the car up after 8 weeks, a million emails and the headers not finished. They are tacked, and whilst they fit the engine, they don't allow for the power steering to be connected, neither can you change or even attach the leads to the spark plugs. Note from above, one stop shop.... well the work for headers and exhaust still not even started were farmed out to another company. So in effect Phoenix have done FECK ALL!! :angry: They said they'd get the work done in 2-3 weeks I may add.

So we now have a set of headers that are unfit for purpose. Neither do we have an exhaust!!

So we are hitting ground zero and the question now comes into play "Why don't we try the stock headers" - BOOOOOM!!!!! The fit and have ample clearance. Can't moan at that..... although as a result we started thinking about the delays we've had and the fact June is looming ---- 2016!!!!! :angry: Phoenix would have received the car back next weekend to carry on with headers, exhaust, electrics. That's no longer the case..... PHOENIX ARE SACKED!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Saturday morning was therefore a case of :help::secret: to setup new arrangements.

We are now going to use a different company to custom build the down pipes and exhaust. Headers are in effect done, so we have less work to do in that department.

The electrics are now in question, along with the LS3 loom that we have ready for the Emerald ECU. The plan now is to ship the car to Thetford to see Emerald. Leave the car with them, provide them with their own ECU, and the loom which was built by them and in effect say "Fix that!". I purchased the ECU and Loom outside of Emerald, so hopefully they will have the necessary history behind the parts and move forward with the build.

So this means we are taking 8 steps back, but potentially 12 forward. In sacking Phoenix we have the potential to actually receive emails in a timely fashion, deliver work as required, and to a high standard.

The amount of work that was done the first weekend installing the engine, and the work done this weekend humiliates that of what Phoenix and Read performance have done. Shocking!! :boxing: :boxing:

So...... stay tuned for fresh updates as they happen, with the new plan in process. There's even a possibility that I may be driving Suzi back from Emerald..... who knows.

June 15 has a chance, a good chance. We just need to get the two finer points now sorted.

Thanks again Chris and Bob for your dedicated work over the weekend. Much love and credit to you and the family :#1: :#1: :#1::gathering:

• Like 4

I think I said it better :lol:

As with all custom builds plans go off track and unforeseen problems arise but I really feel for Wasso, the car went away for 8 weeks and comes back no further forwards in the build.

But chin up - onwards and upwards few more weekends and hopefully we will be ready for electrics and ignition :yahoo:

At least the prop shaft fitted :thumbs:

• Like 3

Bummer mate! All I can say is I feel your pain and was happy to be a small part of the humiliation of Phoenix. I really hope this comes together for you mate and Emerald sort things out for you. I presume you have told Phoenix to do one!!

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

• Like 1

Oh and Darren - keep your phone handy, we may require your services fairly soon on the fuel side :wave::drunk::group:

Ahahahaha lots of people need my services but I have a mammoth task of getting my 240 ready before June :scare::surrender:

Oi now Mr B less of the excuses need you down here modifying fuel pumps!

Evenings are an option ;)

• Like 1