Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

Okay mini update:

Suzi is now with Phoenix for Headers and Exhaust for the scheduled 2-3 weeks which in "garage" terms means we shall think about it for 2-3 weeks and then call you to say they're stacked with work.

Anyway, in the meantime I've now received my Race Dash 2 from Race Technologies.

3FE44E6E-B56B-4529-A020-A6DC861079AB_zps3m4ciqan.jpg

A plastic case

0C6F4E15-9413-43BA-A456-BD023E55493B_zpsd0oe5uvz.jpg

72A71F11-4139-41BF-B804-BBD707A791DD_zps4ojldoj3.jpg

And the showpiece!

99187D90-5FBE-44EB-8B47-3B8417F654EE_zpsi97vsivl.jpg

Binnacle was already taken apart last weekend ready for my dremel and some ABS plastic to creat my new dash.

82A97C0C-DCF4-474E-9F04-5EDB26B21A0A_zpst8w1vsnm.jpg

The Race Dash incorporates everything from indicator signal lights, headlights, battery and all you'd expect from a dashboard, all be it in a more compact solution.

Further updates to follow as I build the dash.

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

You are dead right, and there's technically nothing new, although 3rd party work in progress.

We already had a delay of 1 month before the guy even accepted the car to work on, it's now been 4 weeks, despite saying it will take 2-3 weeks. They have reported back the headers are done, exhaust is in progress. We are touching base on Wednesday with a view to getting a firm date for collection.

Once collected, we will then be working connectivity of fluids, electronics and creating the list of custom parts needed to get the fluids (Brakes/Clutch/Coolant) all up and running.

So that the minute, it's a bit quiet, and no real news to report. Although I'll add the pics from my Race Dash installation and work thus far.

• Like 1

You are dead right, and there's technically nothing new, although 3rd party work in progress.

We already had a delay of 1 month before the guy even accepted the car to work on, it's now been 4 weeks, despite saying it will take 2-3 weeks. They have reported back the headers are done, exhaust is in progress. We are touching base on Wednesday with a view to getting a firm date for collection.

Once collected, we will then be working connectivity of fluids, electronics and creating the list of custom parts needed to get the fluids (Brakes/Clutch/Coolant) all up and running.

So that the minute, it's a bit quiet, and no real news to report. Although I'll add the pics from my Race Dash installation and work thus far.

Cheers mate, you will need to get a gopro on the car when you take it out for the first time. Although looks like there could still be a few month before then.

• Like 1

Its so frustrating waiting for other people :(

I have no idea how you are waiting this long, I would be pulling my hair out after a couple of months! Is it a case of putting it to the back of your mind, or are you enjoying the process of the build as much as the finished article?

I have no idea how you are waiting this long, I would be pulling my hair out after a couple of months! Is it a case of putting it to the back of your mind, or are you enjoying the process of the build as much as the finished article?

With my project I stopped enjoying it ages ago, unfortunately I'm past the point of no return so have to carry on with it. I have good days and bad days with my build at the moment :lol:

Some days I just want to set fire to the garage and claim the insurance :blush:

• Like 2

With my project I stopped enjoying it ages ago, unfortunately I'm past the point of no return so have to carry on with it. I have good days and bad days with my build at the moment :lol:

Some days I just want to set fire to the garage and claim the insurance :blush:

:lol: :lol: - ahh! I wonder about Wasso...

but i'm sure it'll be worth it for you both once they're complete!!! I saw that Keyser and Octet did similar things with their builds, and once complete enjoyed them for a while but essentially moved on quicker than the time it took them to build in the first place.. maybe the fun is more in the build?? who knows!!

Well, I keep playing a video of my car from last year, which helps me through the hard times of missing her. Fair point, and I would technically be pulling my hair out, but I'm a fairly patient kind of guy, luckily. We set the completion date estimated at the end of April, which is now been moved to the end of June now. That's not to say we stand a chance of June, but we need to place a milestone even if there's a chance of missing it, otherwise it will be a year long project if we don't set a project end date.

To be fair, the major part thus far is the headers and exhaust, and will be the 2nd most expensive part of the project.

We have suppliers lined up for the next stage, but can't do anything until we get the car back. Ian has hit the nail on the head, frustrating, but when you have such specific work such as custom headers, custom built prop shaft, the resource for qualified companies means you're forced to wait.

We are pushing said companies as hard as we can, and fingers crossed there's a fair chance of getting her back a week Friday'ish. Thing is, this project is unique and that's what keeps me going. I could just sell up, but that's being a defeatist and I'm one of the attitude "NEVER give up"

I'm sure Chris will loan me his Go-Pro on the day of running......

Once I get a firm update I'll be the first to jump on here and scream Hallelujah!!

• Like 3

Well, I keep playing a video of my car from last year, which helps me through the hard times of missing her. Fair point, and I would technically be pulling my hair out, but I'm a fairly patient kind of guy, luckily. We set the completion date estimated at the end of April, which is now been moved to the end of June now. That's not to say we stand a chance of June, but we need to place a milestone even if there's a chance of missing it, otherwise it will be a year long project if we don't set a project end date.

To be fair, the major part thus far is the headers and exhaust, and will be the 2nd most expensive part of the project.

We have suppliers lined up for the next stage, but can't do anything until we get the car back. Ian has hit the nail on the head, frustrating, but when you have such specific work such as custom headers, custom built prop shaft, the resource for qualified companies means you're forced to wait.

We are pushing said companies as hard as we can, and fingers crossed there's a fair chance of getting her back a week Friday'ish. Thing is, this project is unique and that's what keeps me going. I could just sell up, but that's being a defeatist and I'm one of the attitude "NEVER give up"

I'm sure Chris will loan me his Go-Pro on the day of running......

Once I get a firm update I'll be the first to jump on here and scream Hallelujah!!

good luck to you both!!! i'm sure it'll be worth it in the end to have a unique Z! the only thing unique about mine is the cat sticker :lol:

• Like 1

I keep telling Wasso set a realistic end date - June is fine (as long as it is June 2016)

I kept mine longer than Octet - even if not much :lol:

But to be honest I really enjoyed building mine - got it even better now as I have the 370z (which I am modding again at the moment) and the Radical so play with one drive the other then switch - great fun all round :thumbs:

Hope to get a new and improved Zed Shed this year as well so I can take on these projects with more vigor :teeth: (and more space!!!!!!)

I keep telling Wasso set a realistic end date - June is fine (as long as it is June 2016)

But to be honest I really enjoyed building mine - got it even better now as I have the 370z (which I am modding again at the moment) and the Radical so play with one drive the other then switch - great fun all round :thumbs:

Hope to get a new and improved Zed Shed this year as well so I can take on these projects with more vigor :teeth: (and more space!!!!!!)

Have ye faith, don't forget there's only 3 wires needed to get her started.

I won't be a builder and seller, no way. Seems a pointless exercise to build and sell a car or parts at a loss. At least wait a couple of years then make a loss :lol:

• Like 1

Well good day fellow Zedders..... Today is a GOOD day!

Here we have below some headers! Headers that are of course are made for a 350z but with V6+2 cylinders!

DB2D12EC-931D-4C6A-B0A4-4872F6E30910_zpse2wcqvdt.jpg

And fitted looking down the side of the wing fitted to the engine.

DC869E73-6B34-4CF7-B568-D20F82FD4AA3_zpsxrfxm2r3.jpg

The exhaust should be round the corner hopefully within the next week or so.

Design will be very similar to the Motordyne setup using cans which won't contain any muffling materials, allowing maximum airflow without going deaf.

Back end will hold two either 4" or 5" slash cut brushed effect tailpipes.

More updates as and when they occur :thumbs:

• Like 5

Have ye faith, don't forget there's only 3 wires needed to get her started.

I won't be a builder and seller, no way. Seems a pointless exercise to build and sell a car or parts at a loss. At least wait a couple of years then make a loss :lol:

Wasso meet Ady, Ady meet Wasso :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well good day fellow Zedders..... Today is a GOOD day!

Here we have below some headers! Headers that are of course are made for a 350z but with V6+2 cylinders!

DB2D12EC-931D-4C6A-B0A4-4872F6E30910_zpse2wcqvdt.jpg

And fitted looking down the side of the wing fitted to the engine.

DC869E73-6B34-4CF7-B568-D20F82FD4AA3_zpsxrfxm2r3.jpg

The exhaust should be round the corner hopefully within the next week or so.

Design will be very similar to the Motordyne setup using cans which won't contain any muffling materials, allowing maximum airflow without going deaf.

Back end will hold two either 4" or 5" slash cut brushed effect tailpipes.

More updates as and when they occur :thumbs:

Nice pipework B)

I reckon you should have quad pipes at the back just to be different, two just doesn't seem right for a V8 :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 2

Funny you say that Dave, I was considering the actual pipes from a Corvette, but I just don't think it works with the Zed styling. I also have another plan for the exhaust, which will require a totally custom bumper, themed on the CS rear but better, much better!

That side of the project will be at the end, just want all the necessary "running" bits in place and working well before cosmetics.