track day or experience? Update-booked!

AK350Z

Fran has given me some money for Xmas on the condition that I use it for either a trackday or a driving experience. What do you think would be best? Trackday seems best value, but of course you are wearing your own car and you don't get the experience of something exotic. Hmmm...

I must admit i was leaning toward the trackday, worried about the stonechips though! Hardly think I'll be biting at the heels of the car in front though.

I'm also considering something like CAT driver training, but i understand its quite pricey, like 300 plus for a half day?

I must admit i was leaning toward the trackday, worried about the stonechips though! Hardly think I'll be biting at the heels of the car in front though.

I'm also considering something like CAT driver training, but i understand its quite pricey, like 300 plus for a half day?

If stonechips are your only concern, do the track day :thumbs:

The missus got me a Club MSV voucher for a Track day. They seem to have a good rep and a few on here have recommended them.

I'm thinking of booking Bedford Autodrome sometime in the new year. Meant to be a pretty good track with loads of run off, not much to hit and a pretty good surface so not bad on stones.

http://www.clubmsv.com/car-home.aspx

If you fancied it and dates suited, maybe we could go on the same day. :shrug:

Be good to have a burn around with someone else too.

I always wanted to do a track day but never have as am not willing to risk my only ride to work!

However if you want a fantastic driving experience go to Merc World. Amazing fun, and they actually let you thrash the cars round the track, rather then most experiences where they force you to keep it in 4th or 5th

Joy has given me a very generous voucher for Chrimbo at CAT, :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: I may add some of my own cash to get the best of both worlds. :cloud9:

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk/

Surprised it was only socks and not stockings :lol::lol:

Some of us have just got it Dave......... :p:p:):surrender:

Joy has given me a very generous voucher for Chrimbo at CAT, :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: I may add some of my own cash to get the best of both worlds. :cloud9:

Jammy sod :rant:

I got socks and deodorant....

Guess I wasn't a good enough boy this year :blush:

Trackday.........look at it in same terms as a holiday

Experience - equivalent to being a chav on holiday in Dubai.......you've saved up your giro and can just about afford to go there and look like a tourist but bottom line is you can't afford to live the dream. You can look at the 7 star hotel and maybe you can even stroll into the lpbby - but bottom line is unless your booked in there your not taking a dump in the exquisite toilets.

Trackday - equivalent to being an enthusiastic climber in the Canadian Rockies.....you've got your own equipment, you know what your doing, your a climber not a tourist and if you drop a bollock then your probably going to be seriously injured or die.....which kind of adds to the thrill.

Surprised it was only socks and not stockings :lol::lol:

Some of us have just got it Dave......... :p:p:):surrender:

Jammy sod :rant:

I got socks and deodorant....

Guess I wasn't a good enough boy this year :blush:

:lol::lol:

Trackday and/or driver training (a lot of trackdays have instructor sessions available). Andy Walsh at CarLimits is one of the best around, hes a really good laugh and knows a thing or two about driving.

Hmm, £710 for a full carlimits day at bedford. At that price I think I would expect to be turned into a driving god. Maybe worth pushing the boat out for though, even if it is bloomin' miles away! 700 sheets would buy a whole handful of MSV days at Oulton Park though, and you can get extra intruction there, although i would imagine its more track specific than CAT.

Trackday and/or driver training (a lot of trackdays have instructor sessions available). Andy Walsh at CarLimits is one of the best around, hes a really good laugh and knows a thing or two about driving.

Hmm, £710 for a full carlimits day at bedford. At that price I think I would expect to be turned into a driving god. Maybe worth pushing the boat out for though, even if it is bloomin' miles away! 700 sheets would buy a whole handful of MSV days at Oulton Park though, and you can get extra intruction there, although i would imagine its more track specific than CAT.

You'll get a Walshy day for a lot less if you go for one of the days where there are four participants :thumbs:

Of course you could always come up to Knockers for a day ;):drive1

• 1 month later...

OK, I have booked myself into a Club MSV novice day at Oulton Park in March! My friend Phil is hopefully also going in his recently landed V6 Clio, so it better not rain or he'll be getting intimate with his miserly lock stops :drive1:lol:

£110 full day with helmet hire, and I might think about some in-car tuition too as it's only another 25 sheets.

Come on March! :teeth: