Crashed the Alfa...................

Sarnie

:surrender:

The Mrs isn't happy :bangin::bang:

The weather conditions are awful here. I was driving towards a T junction at about 20 mph, tried to brake about 30 metre's away and just started sliding. Slid straight out of the junction at exactly the same time a car was going across the junction from my right and then BANG!!!!

The Alfa stood up pretty well and needs a new wing, bumper, wheels realigning and there are a few lights on on the dash etc. The other guys car (59 plate Fiesta) was a bit of a state.

The Mrs isn't happy though as I'm a named driver on her insurance as the car is hers officially. I'd pay for our car to be sorted rather than go through the insurance but looking at his car he's going to need a new bumper, o/s headlight and bonnet plus any amount of stuff broken that couldn't be seen.

Really not sure if it's best to pay for it all or go through the insurance as I don't want to ruin my Mrs insurance record even though she has protected NCD? Hmmmm, any ideas?

Moral of the story guys, don't go out unless you really have to :blush:

Bad news indeed, I was supposed to be making a 120 mile round trip to see my old man today but I am staying in... I know it's Christmas and I should go and see him but I wouldn't mind see a few more myself :surrender:

As everyone says on these threads, at least you are ok, that's the main thing everything else can be fixed, even if it is expensive and gives the other half something to bring up over and over and over again :blush:

Not good Sarnie,

Go through the insurance mate as the other guy can change his mind about claiming 'personal injury' even after you pay for the car repairs. Safer to let the insurance sort it.

It wont kill her insurance too much as she has Protected NC's and if neither cars are written off that also stands in your favour as TOTAL LOSS sits on your record apparently.

Hope you get it sorted mate and sorry to hear your bad news :thumbdown:

:surrender:

The Mrs isn't happy :bangin::bang:

The weather conditions are awful here. I was driving towards a T junction at about 20 mph, tried to brake about 30 metre's away and just started sliding. Slid straight out of the junction at exactly the same time a car was going across the junction from my right and then BANG!!!!

The Alfa stood up pretty well and needs a new wing, bumper, wheels realigning and there are a few lights on on the dash etc. The other guys car (59 plate Fiesta) was a bit of a state.

The Mrs isn't happy though as I'm a named driver on her insurance as the car is hers officially. I'd pay for our car to be sorted rather than go through the insurance but looking at his car he's going to need a new bumper, o/s headlight and bonnet plus any amount of stuff broken that couldn't be seen.

Really not sure if it's best to pay for it all or go through the insurance as I don't want to ruin my Mrs insurance record even though she has protected NCD? Hmmmm, any ideas?

Moral of the story guys, don't go out unless you really have to :blush:

As you can imagine, I literally feel your pain.

Ah mate that's kackola.....we're dropping like flies! Given my accident record I'm scared to even defrost the car!

It should only knacker your insurance record.....you had the accident so she should.have to declare it.....you will which is effectively the same problem if you want to drive her car though.

Yeah, sorry to here that, this snow's a nightmare for low speed bumps, talking of which....

Daughter phoned up from the snow capital of Wales, "Can you pick me up tomorrow"...."from Cardiff". That's like a 320 mile round trip. Now I'm an O.K driver in the snow, but that's pushing it a bit too much with more snow forecast. Main problem for her is that there are no trains on line up through Hereford or Birmingham. Don't really know what to do, can't ask her mum to go and pick her up as I think she's down with the flu. :shrug:

Pete

Sorry to hear about the accident. I agree with some of the others. Same thing happened to us about 3 years ago and we have no claims bonus protection. We claimed and insurance premium didn't go up very much the next year at all. In fact, we're all likely to pay more because of all the accidents that have happened over the country. Go ahead and claim. That's what it's there for.

B)

Sod the car,it's the wifes wrath I'd worry about. :lol:

Sorry to hear it mate,and I suppose we will hear of a few more before this winter is done.

I slid sideways down a car park this afternoon................. In a 4X4. :shrug:

It's a sod, but it's going to happen !!

Had a look at the car again earlier and to be fair there isn't much damage compared to the size of the impact and the damage to the other guys car. The guy hit me full on the drivers side wheel but there isn't a scratch on the wheel at all......

If a Fiesta crumples as easy as his did, I'm glad I was in my car and not his............................

Bad news fella, looks like we're all having an ordeal of some type. It's the inconvenience of the snow and how the councils deal with keeping the roads safe, which as we all know they fail at miserably.

Glad you're ok and good luck with the Mrs :teeth:

people talk about the excessive costs for dealing with snow properly. as far as i can see the easiest fix is to stop gritting the roads and make it a legal requirement to fit snow/winter tyres.

Agree.

Use the money they save to put more traffic police on the road to enforce it and stop NONE insured drivers,bad driver,and I suppose the list would go on and on.