The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Sad day today, one of my cats had to be put to sleep, a blood test revealed he had cancer of the kidney. He'd had a good life though considering he was a feral cat born in our garden some 13 and half years ago. Even though we've got 4 other cats the house feels kinda empty without him :( .

Pete

Sorry to hear that Pete, not a cat person myself but still sad to hear.

My dogs cost me £60 at the vets yesterday, one has a grass allergy, one is just a hypochondriac and can't see green cheese, still I'd be devastated to not have them.

Oh and the advice from the vet, keep her off the grass!! FFS they're trained vermin killers (well, not very successful, no kills in 5 and 2 years old respectfully, but they do like to eat rabbit droppings), and like fields!!

Sad day today, one of my cats had to be put to sleep, a blood test revealed he had cancer of the kidney. He'd had a good life though considering he was a feral cat born in our garden some 13 and half years ago. Even though we've got 4 other cats the house feels kinda empty without him :( .

Pete

:console: Pete sad news - sounds like he had a good run though and you know you did the right thing rather than letting it drag out x

Sorry to hear about your cat Pete x

I had my old dog put to sleep last week :(

Really sorry to hear that and about Pete's cat. I know how I'll feel when our cats and bunnies aren't around any more. Pets are with us for a relatively short time, but they have such a big place in our hearts don't they.

• 3 weeks later...

After a few weeks reflection we decided to adopt a couple of kittens from a local sanctuary. These are lifted from the sanctuaries web page but they should be with us in a couple of weeks :) .

wilma1-380x411.jpg

violet-380x374.jpg

Pete

• Like 4

Ahhh so cute! You're brave taking on kittens :lol:

tough little blighters to look after then, kittens ?

Well, they can be very destructive and their toilet habits can leave a little to be desired at times :lol: .

Pete

Ahhh so cute! You're brave taking on kittens :lol:

tough little blighters to look after then, kittens ?

Well, they can be very destructive and their toilet habits can leave a little to be desired at times :lol: .

Pete

Ach am sure it'll be fun no matter what :lol: and that wee calico is adorable :throb:

• Like 1

I've been contemplating getting a kitten but I think it might be one of my 'buying an audi TT IS a good idea' moments.

Cute little blighters though.

I'm a huge cat fan (also like dogs). Contrary to what some people think cats can be very loyal and loving pets. Kittens can be quite a handful but you could always consider giving a home to an older cat from a rescue centre.

I've been contemplating getting a kitten but I think it might be one of my 'buying an audi TT IS a good idea' moments.

Cute little blighters though.

I'm a huge cat fan (also like dogs). Contrary to what some people think cats can be very loyal and loving pets. Kittens can be quite a handful but you could always consider giving a home to an older cat from a rescue centre.

+1 on this - the shelters are totally over-run this year! Shouldn't take on a sole kitten anyway especially if you work - they need lots of interaction otherwise you end up with behaviour problems :)

• Like 1

+1 on this - the shelters are totally over-run this year! Shouldn't take on a sole kitten anyway especially if you work - they need lots of interaction otherwise you end up with behaviour problems :)

Definitely very busy, the shelter ours came from must have 40 kittens and 10 adult cats, not to mention 20/30 dogs, half a dozen ponies, etc. Our second kitten will be with us on the 7th September, it's not from the same litter and must be a couple of weeks younger than our ginger female. Got them from here.

http://www.ncar.org.uk/

Pete

• Like 1

We looked at north clwyd animal rescue too.

We were after a dog and unortunately most that go through there are staffies which we didn't have a problem with except most that they deal with are nervous around other dogs so sadly we ruled them out.

I will have to take a pic and provide an update to our 8 month old lab Hetti