The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Bry, Maximus is gorgeous, are they as soppy as they look? Lol

99% of Newfoundlands are but nobody told Maximus this, it's like he's had 10 cans of redbull everyday :teeth:

They really are as soppy as they look. They're fantastic family dogs, and will sit and watch children and nose them back to where they're supposed to be, just like a parent human, but if someone threatens a member of the family, watch out, especially if it's a full grown male at around 90kgs and sporting that deep growl and bark. Thusly make great guard dogs, and sheerly the size of them scares most people away! They follow you around everywhere unless it's hot, then they'll hide in the shade.

Maximus looks like he's growing into those hooves nicely. How old is he now? Ever have trouble trying to get into the car without the Newfie wanting to sneak in??!! :p:lol:

Bry, Maximus is gorgeous, are they as soppy as they look? Lol

99% of Newfoundlands are but nobody told Maximus this, it's like he's had 10 cans of redbull everyday :teeth:

They really are as soppy as they look. They're fantastic family dogs, and will sit and watch children and nose them back to where they're supposed to be, just like a parent human, but if someone threatens a member of the family, watch out, especially if it's a full grown male at around 90kgs and sporting that deep growl and bark. Thusly make great guard dogs, and sheerly the size of them scares most people away! They follow you around everywhere unless it's hot, then they'll hide in the shade.

Maximus looks like he's growing into those hooves nicely. How old is he now? Ever have trouble trying to get into the car without the Newfie wanting to sneak in??!! :p:lol:

He's 2 now although other than his size he acts exactly the same as when he was 2 months :lol: Our last Newfy was the very definition of the breed, gentle,loving, intelligent and a total wuss (would stand there with a bemused look on his face whilst other dogs were swinging off his ears). Maximus is Newfy on the outside and Rottweiller on the inside :lol: God help anyone that tried to hurt us or him :scare: He is very loyal and follows us everywhere. He loves absolutely everyone and everything (except Hedgehogs, he can't work those out :D ) He absolutely adores water and will swim for hours if we let him. In a nutshell he's a typical Newfy except for the calm and gentle bit :wacko:

SDC10676.jpg

SDC10680.jpg

SDC10690.jpg

Bry, when I was looking for a dog I considered a Newfoundland - theres a guy on the farm with one and I went along to a Newfy meet where there were loads of them. I think they're great dogs and yours sounds like he's got a good character. I decided against one in the end, just from the size / mess / slobber potential.

Bry, when I was looking for a dog I considered a Newfoundland - theres a guy on the farm with one and I went along to a Newfy meet where there were loads of them. I think they're great dogs and yours sounds like he's got a good character. I decided against one in the end, just from the size / mess / slobber potential.

Luckily mine isn't much of a slobberer, unless he's hungry or thirsty or excited or tired or,,,,, well you get the point ;)

Maximus is gorgeous. B) Love the bib, what a great idea, one way to alleviate the dribble. One major bonus over there for Newfies, is it doesn't get hot over there, most of the time as it does in NZ. A few of my friends over here have to shave their Newfies bellies so they don't boil, thankfully we never had to do that with any of ours.

Maximus is gorgeous. B) Love the bib, what a great idea, one way to alleviate the dribble. One major bonus over there for Newfies, is it doesn't get hot over there, most of the time as it does in NZ. A few of my friends over here have to shave their Newfies bellies so they don't boil, thankfully we never had to do that with any of ours.

We visited a lady with three Newfies in oz a couple of years ago and we asked her how they coped with the Hot weather, she basicaly kept them inside during the day with the

AC on and only let them out early in the morning. She was more concerned about Snakes in her Garden than she was the Heat :scare:

If it does get too hot here then we just fill up a kiddies Paddling pool and let Maximus chill out in that B):teeth: At the other end of scale when it Snows he's very handy at pulling sledges :lol:

Photo0086.jpg

His puppy photo is sooo cute!!!! :D

Nah, he ugly :lol:

SDC10038.jpg

:lol: he's trying to do :evil: dawg - but failing miserably - just too fluffy! I've been threatening Stew with stealing Oscar all week to get a fur fix - I think would even settle for a Newfie slobbery hug and I'm really not a doggy person! :lol:

His puppy photo is sooo cute!!!! :D

Nah, he ugly :lol:

SDC10038.jpg

:lol: he's trying to do :evil: dawg - but failing miserably - just too fluffy! I've been threatening Stew with stealing Oscar all week to get a fur fix - I think would even settle for a Newfie slobbery hug and I'm really not a doggy person! :lol:

He was 5 months old the last time I could give him a proper hug

bed001-2.jpg

Whilst you've got hold of him he makes a great duster

SDC10067.jpg