The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

And a couple of quick snaps of our imminent arrival....for the wife's birthday.

Not sure how our big cat will feel with a new kitten in the house.....

....but just found out they are related (3 generations apart), so tech family.

http://1-1.jpg

http://2-1.jpg

Edited by aidan
  • Like 2

Sorry to hear that sad news Pete. It is very clear how much your cats mean to you :(

Thanks, I usually handle the loss of one of our cats pretty well but on this occasion it really got to me quite badly. It maybe the fact that we never found her, to put closure on it so to speak. Anyway, I can console myself with the fact that if we hadn't have coaxed her in her life span would have been considerably shorter.

Pete

Aiden,

You never really know how an older, established cat will accept a kitten into the household. It rarely goes smoothly at first but usually settles down within a few weeks, often to a tolerance level TBH. One of our cats from many years ago hated all the other cats we had at the time but at the other end of the scale we adopted a huge feral tabby who was quite happy to curl up to the other cats.

Pete

Yep Pete, strange buggers cats.

We are hoping that the older pixie excepts the kitten well. Note sure how long cats memories are, but when the older one was a kitten, the other cat we had at time excepted him after 2-3 weeks. So here is hoping.

Always sad to lose a cat. Our LaPerm ended up dead on our grass (thought he was sleeping in the sun)...no apparent reason. Believe he may have been poisoned - which really annoys me. But can't prove it.

Some people say we should keep our cats indoors (due to the initial kitten costs), but just can't do it. The are semi wild and we live in the outskirts of town, so would hate to keep them locked up.

Only just seen this thread.

Introducing the brother & sister team of William (Blue British Shorthair) and Lulu (Silver Point British Shorthair)...

William's just a bloke...

P1030395.jpg

Beautiful Cats, love the picture above, our cat sleeps in similar silly positions as well :lol:

Only missing one thing................ the tv remote! :p:lol:

Aidan, your cat almost looks like a possum the way it's hugging that log. :lol:

Aaw, that's no good Pete. :console:

• Like 1

Only just seen this thread.

Introducing the brother & sister team of William (Blue British Shorthair) and Lulu (Silver Point British Shorthair)...

William's just a bloke...

P1030395.jpg

Beautiful Cats, love the picture above, our cat sleeps in similar silly positions as well :lol:

Only missing one thing................ the tv remote! :p:lol:

Aidan, your cat almost looks like a possum the way it's hugging that log. :lol:

Aaw, that's no good Pete. :console:

That log is our old dining room chair!!! The cats did tend to use them as trees. :blush:

Aiden,

You never really know how an older, established cat will accept a kitten into the household. It rarely goes smoothly at first but usually settles down within a few weeks, often to a tolerance level TBH. One of our cats from many years ago hated all the other cats we had at the time but at the other end of the scale we adopted a huge feral tabby who was quite happy to curl up to the other cats.

Pete

Yeah - we're having proper issues now with our two - they were OK to start with but now Fergus is totally battering her at every opportunity and seems really stressed - he's spending up to ten hours out at a time and going into the neighbours house ... basically moving out. Still feeding separately and have the Feliway plugged in. But that is almost four months now and I have a horrible feeling we're going to have to let her go to another home which I feel very guilty about as I've never given up on a cat no matter what the problems :(

Did anyone watch "the secret life of cats" a few months back. Amazing to watch and they did show a case of one cat who did move to a neighbours house when the original owner started a family.

It adopted someone else and avoids even going near the original owners home. The poor lady was devastated but accepted over time.

Probably not what you want to hear though Vik54.

If you haven't seen it have a look out for it, I think it was on a bbc channel.

EDIT: here's a link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b02xcvhw

Edited by Fodder

Great thread, shame so many of the pictures are gone now and it's sad to see a few of the pets died during the thread too :(

Here's a few of our two, Husky called Syntax and black cat called Jim. He did have a brother called Spock, but sadly Spock turned up dead outside our back door one day, eyes wide open, legs in the running position and no sign of any trauma......poisoned and placed outside our door is the only conclusion we can come to, but thankfully nothing has happened to Jim in the last 2 years since that happened.

First then here's Jedi Syntax:

Jedi-Syntax.jpg

Then Syntax outside his Kennel:

Syntax-Kennel.JPG

Jim and Syntax come to see Rose when she was bed-ridden with spinal issues before her op.

Animals-Come-To-See-Rose.jpg

Spock and Jim together as kittens:

Spock-And-Jim.JPG

Jim and Syntax proving dogs and cats do in fact love each other:

Cat-And-Dog-Love.jpg

Jim playing Alien on Roses Lap:

Alien-Jim.jpg

And Syntax at 9 weeks old:

Syntax-9weeks.jpg

• Like 2

Did anyone watch "the secret life of cats" a few months back. Amazing to watch and they did show a case of one cat who did move to a neighbours house when the original owner started a family.

It adopted someone else and avoids even going near the original owners home. The poor lady was devastated but accepted over time.

Probably not what you want to hear though Vik54.

If you haven't seen it have a look out for it, I think it was on a bbc channel.

EDIT: here's a link

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b02xcvhw

That is what I am bothered about happening - Fergus is my No1 boy and I will not lose him. He is attacking her all the time now proper growling then full on attacks - it is not nice. She is a wee madam though :lol: ^^ Love that photo of Jim & Syntax! Edited by Vik54

...He did have a brother called Spock, but sadly Spock turned up dead outside our back door one day, eyes wide open, legs in the running position and no sign of any trauma......poisoned and placed outside our door is the only conclusion we can come to...

Sorry to hear about that, but maybe it wasn't poison? I had an identical experience several years ago with Rose, one of our original tabbies (she was brilliant). I found her one morning just as you described, but with a tiny bit of blood around her mouth. The previous night I'd heard the screeching of car brakes and someone outside our house, but I fell asleep again. Clearly Rose had been hit by a car and managed to make it to the back door. I know this is unpleasant, but your dear old Spock may not have been poisoned - dunno if that's any comfort (probably not). Very sad anyway.

It is, because I'd rather he'd been hit by a car accidentally, than deliberately poisoned by someone who should be put down....if that makes sense? Unfortunately, there was no blood whatsoever and he was stiff as a board, which means rigamortis obviously set in very fast, which tends to happen with poisons I'm told?

It is, because I'd rather he'd been hit by a car accidentally, than deliberately poisoned by someone who should be put down....if that makes sense? Unfortunately, there was no blood whatsoever and he was stiff as a board, which means rigamortis obviously set in very fast, which tends to happen with poisons I'm told?

Feel for you bro. Same happened to our cat. No signs of any foul play, healthy young cat, found dead. 99% sure it was poison but couldn't prove it. Whether he was poisoned or ate something that was toxic (highly unlikely ) I will never know.

Well, rigor mortis had set in with Rose too, so it doesn't point towards poison mate - she was stiff as a board. I remember thinking how long a hole I had to dig - cats are longer than you think - especially on a cold, rainy November night, at the top of the garden, after a hard day's work. And yes, it does make sense that you wouldn't want to think someone might have harmed him on purpose. Hopefully that wasn't the case.

Pic of recent bundle of fur. Just got him yesterday....and wife says he is still finding his way around (and staying out the way of the bigger one). Still a kitten, but signs point towards him being a chunky monkey...

....(green demon eyes are optional)

http://20131012_162334_resized_1.jpg

Edited by aidan
  • Like 2

Pic of recent bundle of fur. Just got him yesterday....and wife says he is still finding his way around (and staying out the way of the bigger one). Still a kitten, but signs point towards him being a chunky monkey...

....(green demon eyes are optional)

http://20131012_162334_resized_1.jpg

Yup he gonna be a bruiser - get his danglies chopped asap - many vets will do it from three months onwards now :thumbs:
  • Like 2

Hah, already chopped prior delivery. Terms of deal so we cant breed him. Had no intention too so not worried.

Stuck for a name for him at moment.

Gizmo (I preferred Nizmo but was told NO by wife).

Cookie.

Oki.

Or Killer Monster. :blush:

They last one was my nine year olds suggestion!!!!