Big Phils progress

bigphil

Hi guys,

i have just returned from the hospital where phil is in intensive care, his synus infection took hold into his brain, he suffered a series of strokes and now he has had to have major life saving surgery which removed his front left lobe, he is on life support and will be very, very unwell for a long time.

It's not known what sort of brain damage he will have afterwards, but some level of disability is expected, he will no longer be running ESR and i will now be taking over.

Most of you are very good friends of my fathers and i thought you should all know.

I will update you every step of the way, and sorry to anyone i may have scared or worried at the meet at our place, but i was in a bit of a state trying to get to the hospital, after a tearful message from my mother.

I hope you all understand, and hope to be up and running monday morning all being well, i won't lie, i am a little more than nervous, and if needs be, ESR may sease trading all together, all orders will be fulfilled though, so don't worry.

thanks,

Andrew

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew, I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. Please pass on my best wishes to your family and Phil. This truly is a time of need and I'm sure everyone here will understand that.

I hope all goes well and that your father will be recovering soon. He is a well respected man around here.

Stew

Thanks guys,

appreciate the sentiment, trying to sleep, but it's not working, i just can't get settled.

Sorry again for not being there today, i hope our mechanics made all who came feel welcome, the pictures were awesome, and it looks like my dash around asda made for some nice eats :)

Really wish my dad could have been there, he had been looking forward to it for some time.

Going to see him tomorrow, gotta go in to work and sort a few things out first, but i'll be up the hospital at about lunch time and i'll give you a progress report later on tomorrow evening, going to go and watch a film, my heads battered, and i just ain't thinking straight.

Thanks,

Andrew

Very very shocked to hear this Andrew, my thoughts are with you and your family at this very difficult time. I hope that Phil makes a full recovery. Indeed like Stew said Phil is a much respected guy and is part of the 350z-uk family.

i'm pretty new to the forum, but in the short time here i can see how much of an integral cog Big phil is.

i have never met the man or your family, but my sincerest apologies for the situation you all find yourself. i hope that Phil makes a speedy and full recovery.

Well, a rough nights kip at the hands of 2 nytol, but i manged a few hours, going upto the hospital now, they say they'll be trying to bring him round in the next few hours, but don't know what to expect, as with all brain surgery.

He's a fighter, so i'm sure he'll be up and packaging up pop chargers in a jiffy :)

Thanks for all the comments guys, it's good to see he has gained soo much respect from all of you, we see all of our customers as friends, and see most of them on a regular basis.

Phil will be soo touched by all of the comments of support, although when he will be able to speak to anyone is not known, it is likely to be well after christmas before he will be out of hospital.

Again thanks for the comments, and i will keep you posted,

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

What a shock and so sorry that you shoudl all have to go through something so dreadful. Best wishes, sincerely meant, for Phil. Phil really has always been more than a trader, he has been a friend to us all.

Do keep us informed as much as you are able.

Chris

BIG BIG Shock for me and Sam this morning, just thought I would have a quick look and see what went on at ESR yesterday, never imagined to read what I just have. Andrew cant say enough how we will be thinking of you, Michael, your Sister and of course your Mum. Please give Phil our love and all good wishes for a speedy recovery, we are both thinking of you.