The ex Zedders Mustang Club!

stanski

Hi everyone, after Marzman's Mustang thread I ended up buying one this weekend! I am more surprised than anybody!

2018 Shadow Edition in Grabber Blue (pants name)! Hardly run in 1 owner and my road tax is a mere £145!  

Immaculate car with all the toys already put 300 miles on it.

Its bleeding loud! Not until I got it home did I realise it had Moshimoto performance back box on it! Never heard of them before?

Not going to impress the neighbours but hey life is short.

So far its outperformed my expectations! Love all of it absolutely superb car and my favourite colour. Easy to find in a car park.

Every trip is an event not least that I have to apply for a PSV license to steer it around corners less than 80 feet wide!

Really really pleased with it. Did I say that already?

I think a 350z-Stang club meet sometime haha!

I am already on first name terms with my local petrol station. Its good to keep the local economy going!:teeth:

Stan

IMG_20190526_200509998_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

Ah fantastic Stan... happy days!!

Love the shadow edition... i've ordered a pair of the black 5.0 side badges for mine, and i want the side decals but can't find anything similar anywhere.

Check out here for the Mishimoto exhaust parts, Tarmac sells them.  https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/exhaust.html?tmcspz_brands=2778&cars=3285   I listened to the sound of a bunch of these on Youtube and liked the sound of the Mishimioto Race Axle back the most, which is basically just a straight pipe/muffler delete - so i got my local motor factors to fabricate this for me, for only £220.  Its sounds bananas on cold start!  I know what you mean about the neighbours... :blush:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words guys. It wasn't really that quick I have been looking /agonising for at least 6 months , the 370 even longer! I actually sat in one the week they came out in this very colour! Love it and very easy to find in a car park.

In the end I cant help my retro roots I suppose, nice contrast inside a nod to the 60s with all the modern tech etc.

This one just came up at the right time, price spec and wasn't too far away.

I think the previous owner also fitted the Moshimoto intake kit, which was in the boot. But returned to standard that's the way I like to keep it, so thats going on fleabay I think, its £300+ new usually! Need to reclaim some of that cash.

The biggest problem is deciding on a name for it? It should be a dog as it barks at me when I get out with the engine running to remind me! Clever these American dogs! ;)

I think the 370 would run rings around it but I am happy so far. 

So a Stang meet at Krispy Kremes in Manchester is it haha.:snack:

6 hours ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Nice. Amazing how a 5ltr can be only £145 Road tax :lol:

You have to thank the stupid tax rules dreamt up by the government!  From 2017 if your car is an evil gas guzzling baby swan killing one such as this, its £2000 first year road tax by the first owner, then £145 + £310(i think?) For 5 years if your car was over £40k new! 

The Shadow edition is a run out model prior to the restyled one (which I dont like) and it was just under £40k new so I only pay £145! Mad isnt it? 

Of course my petrol bills will offset any savings .

Edited by stanski
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Good choice sir.  Lobo?, the wolf that changed America, after all it’s Coyote powered B)

Haha you seem to be well read! 

It looks a bit wolf like but I recon its a softie underneath all of that! 

• 3 weeks later...

The first 6 Gen was Competition Orange, the new Orange Fury is a bit washed out looking.

Ruby Red, a nice Shelby color (yes I know, the American spelling :lol:)

The car in itself is iconic, the colouring is secondary, the most offensive thing about a modern Mustang is the Ecoboost, even the word, Ecoboost, doesn’t look right :lol:

• Haha 1