Payco's zed spotted on eBay.

SHEZZA

In the states you can go on to carfax and see how many times a car has been sold and the dates of each sale as part of the checks which are similar to our HPI checks. Personally I think that would be great over here too, the DVLA must know the dates.

I think you've got a business idea there, you just need to get them to free our data.

http://www.freeourdata.org.uk

• Like 2

I think the general consensus is that you can make a dyno read almost anything you like if you know how to work one. All of the adjustments needed to make the result accurate can be tweaked to skew the results too.

We did an RR day a few (actually quite a lot) of years back with SXOC, I had a bet on with one of the lads Id make better power than him as I think I had a bigger turbo or something similar, he had a quiet word with the dyno operator and magically gained 60hp through tyre pressure and ambient temp adjustments :lol:

• Like 4

I think the general consensus is that you can make a dyno read almost anything you like if you know how to work one. All of the adjustments needed to make the result accurate can be tweaked to skew the results too.

We did an RR day a few (actually quite a lot) of years back with SXOC, I had a bet on with one of the lads Id make better power than him as I think I had a bigger turbo or something similar, he had a quiet word with the dyno operator and magically gained 60hp through tyre pressure and ambient temp adjustments :lol:

I did the very same with one of my Rx7's, a mate with some super cars was giving me the needle before i went for mapping about there was no way it would make more power than his Lambo, i appreared with a Dyno saying 650hp ;) The operator didnt like doing it, but trusted it would never be displayed on line.

• Like 2

In the states you can go on to carfax and see how many times a car has been sold and the dates of each sale as part of the checks which are similar to our HPI checks. Personally I think that would be great over here too, the DVLA must know the dates.

You do get this with a HPI?

Or alteast the one I saw this week did. The misses works at Nissan and HPI'd a prospective new car that we are going to see. On the top corner of the document it showed the date of a change of each owner. The SO has always HPI'd my cars through Nissan also, so this could just be something that it provided as they are in the industry? And Joe Public HPI Certs don't have them?

Basically you've totally misunderstood bantz.

Sorry precious.

Understood it, just pissing on your bonfire.

You read on the interweb some knowledgeable/reputable people said it was ok to spray badges in situ on the car, how did that work out for?

Knowledge is power, experience is everything :)

Generally went well. The issue was a poor paint job on the bumper which would have caused problems when I tried to dip the bumper lip regardless. Can't remove the bumper lip to spray it because it's part of the bumper...

People dip whole cars, so problems are not expected when dipping onto car paint.

The first two are the same car, the third is a shop trying to promote themselves (299 is very suss to me, +2 degrees C on the ambient temps perhaps?) and the 4th one is Sasha Anis who has done more to his car than probably all of this forum put together. As Lexx pointed out, these are all in the US as well and USBHP isnt the same as UKBHP.

This is where real life experience weighs in, anyone who has been around a bit knows that tuners and shops lie and so do US dynos. Until Ive seen an NA 350hp on a reputable UK dyno Im keepig a healthy pinch of salt to hand.

How about this then? ;)

(Is a race car cheating? :lol:)

Or there's this...

Guy at work messaged the current owner and asked for confirmation of how many owners.The guy now selling is the sixth registered keeper.I was the second when I sold it in Jan.

Holy cow! Thats some going! I do wonder why tho? Maybe owner 3 has created some problems with it.

Bullshit, no car goes through 4 and potentially its 5th owner that quickly unless its got something seriously wrong.

The only possible thing is that they're all paying well over the odds and then realising they've been stung, because they dont realise the example they've got...

Just to add, it is probably knackered now. It was in Skelmersdale, well known up here for being rough as sandpaper, it will have been thrashed non stop by a drug dealing smackhead. The current ad also says Preston, the pics are still in Skem, I can tell with the road its parked on ;) He has probably signed it over to a mate to sell on to avoid the questions on ebay etc

Sorry to say Payco, your baby has probably passed her prime.

Generally went well.

You are the only man in the known world to say it went well when you f*cked your paintwork......

Some people think strapping explosives to themselves and blowing themselves into a million pieces is a good idea, perhaps you should give that a try to, let us know how you get on ;)

• Like 1

You are the only man in the known world to say it went well when you f*cked your paintwork......

Some people think strapping explosives to themselves and blowing themselves into a million pieces is a good idea, perhaps you should give that a try to, let us know how you get on ;)

12/13 panels had no issues, that's >92% success rate, plus it gives me an excuse to shave my front emblem.

The dip went well, what didn't go well was the shoddy front bumper respray that I was unaware of.

Edited by Strudul

Generally went well.

Lol dont do it!!!!!!!

Car was running as sweet as a nut during my entire ownership and when I sold it with 30k on the clock so Christ knows what has gone wrong with it if anything has.

Just to add, it is probably knackered now. It was in Skelmersdale, well known up here for being rough as sandpaper, it will have been thrashed non stop by a drug dealing smackhead. The current ad also says Preston, the pics are still in Skem, I can tell with the road its parked on ;) He has probably signed it over to a mate to sell on to avoid the questions on ebay etc

Sorry to say Payco, your baby has probably passed her prime.

Here's you answer Martin, it went to Skem!! :wacko:

Hi all,

I'm still looking for a Zed to buy and I saw this ad. This kind of ad always grabs my attention - I end up dreaming..."Could I actually get the funds together...it looks awesome and the ad sounds great."

Thankfully, I'm not a total mug and eventually happened upon this thread, but I do fear for others. I rarely get proactive about this kinda thing, but I really want to report it to eBay so the ad gets taken down. As Mr. Griffin once said "This really grinds my gears!"

Just to confirm, this is the car in question?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAKE-A-LOOK-NISSAN-350-Z-350Z-PROBABLY-ONE-OF-THE-BEST-LOW-MILES-FSH-MUST-SEE/152490190272?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D40656%26meid%3D65bd15e423bd468b847d83326eff0290%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D152478017072

Seems like all the false claims are back in a live ad.

I take it the main points to contest are - i.e., it doesn't have:

• 350bhp
  • Full aero gt wide body kit
  • Full interior carbon fibre pack
  • £2k exhaust system

Did it have the quick shifter when you sold it Payco? I severely doubt that's been added if you didn't fit it.

I just want to have a few confirmations before I progress with reporting the ad, as I am a total noob to the scene.

What Zippy said. Given all the doubt surrounding this car and the number of owners in such a short space of time I would avoid it like the plague, such a shame as it was a lovely example.

• Like 2

I certainly will be avoiding, but I definitely want to make it harder for this git to sell...particularly at the price he has it at. Eventually, someone naive will come along and end up paying way too much. And after reading through the thread, it's obvious this isn't a particularly nice chap to deal with.

Very tempted to waste a good bit of his time as a 'serious buyer', before I report the ad.

• Like 1

Ive messaged him as a potential buyer and he said he was going on what the previous owner said re the ad. I said its not as far as im aware been uprevved and asked for a copy of the dyno reading...he doesnt have one. Then told him he may wanna change the add but no reply.