Payco's zed spotted on eBay.

SHEZZA

He said hes going by what the seller told him. I messaged back advising him that Uprev can not make 350bhp and that maybe he was mis-sold the car. I also told him id messaged him because i wouldnt want an angry buyer at his door should they find out that the ad had been misrepresented.

• Like 1

Mines Uprevved, Id be VERY surprised if it made more than 25hp. Ive heavily modded mine and made just over 300.

He would have had about 2 weeks to mod it. Not easy. Wheres the dyno reading? He doesnt have one.

Edited by zippypooz

Mines Uprevved, Id be VERY surprised if it made more than 25hp. Ive heavily modded mine and made just over 300.

He would have had about 2 weeks to mod it. Not easy. Wheres the dyno reading? He doesnt have one.

We all know he doesn't have 350hp, just saying that there's multiple people out there with 300rwhp NA, which equates to over 350hp at the crank.

We all know he doesn't have 350hp, just saying that there's multiple people out there with 300rwhp NA, which equates to over 350hp at the crank.

I've not seen the wheel bhp over 300 - it would mean making more than 50bhp on the uprev with mods, mine had HFCs, exhaust, stillen intake, spacer etc and gained 21bhp. I guess if you make some huge changes costing thousands you might get to 350, but not whats on Payco's car at the moment?

• Like 1

I've not seen the wheel bhp over 300 - it would mean making more than 50bhp on the uprev with mods, mine had HFCs, exhaust, stillen intake, spacer etc and gained 21bhp. I guess if you make some huge changes costing thousands you might get to 350, but not whats on Payco's car at the moment?

Give it a Google, there's several out there, but as I said, it's not easy and Payco's Zed produce those levels of HP.

Uprev itself doesn't give big gains, it's just the key to unlocking the gains from the mods. To say Uprev can't make 350hp would be wrong, it can, but Uprev alone can't.

Yes, I know what the uprev does, but Paycos car does not have 350bhp and will never get near that with whats on it. If you go away and spend £15k on a new ECU/Stroker Kit/Bore increase/fueling changed/injectors/etc its a complete waste of money when you can go up and beyond 350bhp with a supercharger kit.

• Like 1

You would need to spend 1000s...or probably double what ive spent. When i add up what ive spent on mine to get what i have, it adds up to a pretty large amount...although mine gained hp without uprev which goes against the grain as to what many on here tell you re the ecu dialing out bolt ons. As said though, i informed the guy but as yet have not heard back although hes re-listed it since i messaged him. Funny that the price is going up each time i see the car...i wonder what it'll be up for by the end of the year!

• Like 1

Not disputing that, and I'm pretty sure we are all arguing the same point here...

Just saying that you can get 350hp, NA, with help from an Uprev.

As for being a waste of money... some people like to go high NA. Could argue most mods, or even cars themselves, are a waste, but that's not why we have them :shrug:

You might get to 350bhp once you have spent more than you would on a supercharger conversion which gives you a whole lot more. You may as well go for an engine swap than spend another 15k getting an extra 25bhp. Probably the reason why there is only one or two ever done this way because quite frankly, it is a waste of money when you can drop an NA V8 in it.

Theres no way from what ive read on VQ35s for them to make 350BHP from stock with just the usual supporting mods. Big loud cams, fueling, injection, porting, polishing, skimming, timing and a whole shop of other parts then maybe, just maybe. But you're talking about upping compression, a serious N/A build. And absolutely thousands of pounds for when as coldel says, put on either a turbo or supercharger and youll make more for less.

The uprev isnt just about unlocking modifications, its about improving the entire feel of the engine and how it drives. This really frustrates when people make outlandish claims and people believe them!

Not sure why I have to keep repeating myself, but for the 5th time...

Yes it's possible to make 350BHP NA (I could provide several examples of proof with 2 minutes of Googling)

Yes it's hard (and expensive).

No, Payco's Zed doesn't have 350BHP.

What's with the disagreeable agreeing...

Nobody is saying an Uprev doesn't have other benefits, but the topic of discussion was purely HP oriented, and since we are only talking about how HP is affected by the Uprev, it's not wrong to say it does so by unlocking power from mods. Yes, it does of other good stuff, but they don't affect the max HP and are therefore irrelevant to the discussion.

It's really frustrating when people don't properly read what you write and start making unrelated accusations...

Edited by Strudul

Its really frustrating when you chat @*!# about topics you dont have a clue about because you've sat on the internet reading and suddenly you're Dominic toretto. When people like me and others commenting here have actually built there engines for themselves...

You remind me of a chap on the civic forum who made engine mounts from wood then wondered why his engine fell out. You're still not learning from the whole "If people are disagreeing with me then maybe I might be wrong" thing huh.

Speaking of relevance, you joined not long before or after me, i cant remember which and yet have an obscene amount of posts. Wonder how many of those are "related". Shall we continue via PM?

• Like 1

"dont have a clue about because you've sat on the internet reading"? So... you're saying I don't know something because I've learnt about it?? :lol:

Thing is, I can quote and reference a multitude of reputable sources to backup my points. You can disagree with me all you want, but by doing so you are also disagreeing with a whole bunch of people that I got that information from. Depending on how you define knowledge, I may not know more than you, but my information comes from people who probably do.

Chatting shite would be going off on one at someone because of some petty, unmerited grudge, especially when you don't know that person.

Feel free to read through my posts and make your own conclusions about any relevance. I'd say the majority are either asking questions, or sharing knowledge. When I find something interesting that I enjoy, I immerse myself in it, which involves a lot of research and is why I can claim a good level of understanding despite not being around for very long. i enjoy learning and helping people, why do you have such a problem with that.

You're whole argument, which you started in the first place I may add, about whether an uprev can achieve 350 BHP is mute, from the simple understanding that this particular car, does not even have close to those modifications required, hence a multiple of members messaging the seller to inform him of this. It is simple common sense. Thus yet again strudel strikes again grasping at straws and splitting hairs to bump his postcount up a tad more, all in the persuit of "knowledge".

What I am also saying is that until you undertake such feats and learn things for yourself, first hand, what you read on the internet is to be taken with an extremely large pinch of salt and is far from gospel. When you could perhaps go down to a reputable machine shop, I dont know talk to someone with YEARS worth of experience.

But why dont you come help us with our high comp B20 we're building, I can show you if you want? Currently finishing porting and polishing the head, I'd love to hear your input especially on whether the exhaust is blowing or not ;)