- Cheap daily

Well if we're playing that game, what i need is the following:

A 4x4 for a daily

A 60's Mustang for cruising on a nice day

A 911 for the weekend

An MX5 for a drift toy

A new house with more offroad parking to put my 4x cars plus the wife's 1x

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/114793-what-is-this-car/

How about a kitted Skyline 350GT like the ones Coldel and L14FAN posted?

Sleek coupe.

Rare sight and look special.

You know the cars.

Cheap enough as a daily with the odd drift day until your track toy comes.

It could just be to tide you over and gives the perfect excuse to go to Zed meets ;)

997.1 is brilliant, but the suspension and PCM just isn't as good as the gen2. Hell. I'd take a gen2 non-S over the gen1 S, the way the engine revs more freely makes up for the lack of 10bhp,

See i'm not that much of a connoisseur to be honest. If i've not driven either, the Gen 1 will be immense compared to what im driving now. Its the reliability and Porsche anxiety which terrifies me.

Another reason to get a gen2 ;)

It's not about connoisseuring, it's about the fact the gen1 suspension really is quite duff and the sport mode unsusable on UK roads, plus the satnav doesn't even have 7 digit postcodes on the early cars! It's like going from a 300ZX to a 350Z, such is the difference. A 987 Cayman R would have to be in with a shout at that budget level though, arguably more special?

Tbh anything you've mentioned on here carries a risk cost, be it Pork or Maser or R8 or old Mustang: All have their own expensive parts. Hell, so does a 350 now the engine replacement costs have jumped. That said, there's nothing here likely to cost anything more than a 3 series, which you've been happy to own and certainly nothing compares to repair costs on an RRS! Do your research and you'll stop being so worried, as I've said before a proper inspection on a 997.1 removes 95% of the risk of something catching you out, and part costs are the same or cheaper than a 350.

MaserGT is an amazing car, but I'd want the 4.7 with the robotised manual, not the auto. If you love the Merc then the finance deals on them are pretty attractive right now, go drive one and see if you can justify it. You're only here once :)

• Like 1

Go 60s muscle and runaround. Nothing else even comes close!

Yeah, it definitely needs doing... but if i've got a 60's Mustang it's going to be for cruising not enjoying at speed - so worried about feeling unfulfilled.

Makes sense. You could always spend your time retrofitting it with modern suspension, brakes, etc and end up with a muscle car which handles.

To the OP, pasted this from another site, you'll see quite a few Mustangs, probably with a few for sale, anyway if you want to talk Mustang, old or new, these are the people to talk to :)

"From MOCGB site......................

ANNUAL MUSTANG SHOW - Sunday 20th August 2017

Location – Rockingham Castle, nr Corby

http://www.rockinghamcastle.com

This is the national show organised by the Mustang Owners Club GB.

• All Mustangs welcome

• No need to pre-book

• Admission to show field and castle grounds £10/car

• Show field open 10.30 – 16.00

• Arrive and leave when you like

• Dogs welcome

• Special castle tour price of £5 per person for Mustang occupants"

This thread is basically my monthly dilemma that one day soon will have to be answered. The 997 Gen 2 seems like the no-brainer, but you get a lot of 911 and a lot of change if you go for a Gen 1. I don't know how much further the Gen 2's will fall in price, so now is probably a good time to get one. They sold a lot less than the Gen 1 and are more desirable in some respects due to the lower risk of engine problems.

Manual, guard's red, black interior, sports seats, sports exhaust and sports chrono please! :)

• Like 2

Lots of good points made so far guys. :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.c...at-is-this-car/

How about a kitted Skyline 350GT like the ones Coldel and L14FAN posted?

Sleek coupe.

Rare sight and look special.

You know the cars.

Cheap enough as a daily with the odd drift day until your track toy comes.

It could just be to tide you over and gives the perfect excuse to go to Zed meets ;)

Nice to look at but not special enough i'm afraid.

Go 60s muscle and runaround. Nothing else even comes close!

Yeah, it definitely needs doing... but if i've got a 60's Mustang it's going to be for cruising not enjoying at speed - so worried about feeling unfulfilled.

Makes sense. You could always spend your time retrofitting it with modern suspension, brakes, etc and end up with a muscle car which handles.

i dont think i've got the patience or ability for this... but if i could buy one ready made, now this would be a propper shout. 60's Mustang style with modern car reliability and handling. yes please.

To the OP, pasted this from another site, you'll see quite a few Mustangs, probably with a few for sale, anyway if you want to talk Mustang, old or new, these are the people to talk to :)

"From MOCGB site......................

ANNUAL MUSTANG SHOW - Sunday 20th August 2017

Location – Rockingham Castle, nr Corby

www.rockinghamcastle.com

This is the national show organised by the Mustang Owners Club GB.

• All Mustangs welcome

• No need to pre-book

• Admission to show field and castle grounds £10/car

• Show field open 10.30 – 16.00

• Arrive and leave when you like

• Dogs welcome

• Special castle tour price of £5 per person for Mustang occupants"

Ah nice one. I'll put that in my calendar and may make an appearance. :thumbs:

If you want a sports car you cant touch a 981 Cayman S upwards IMO, sublime car.

I do really like the Cayman... in my mind though i feel like i want a keeper, something thats barely going to depreciate. I look at 987's now for £10k and cant help thinking the 981's will be there in the next 6 or 7 years or so.

Also... i think the Cayman needs an additional rear spoiler, and if i finance a 35k Cayman (depending on how i do it) i may not be able to modify it...

14026457719_e599aed4f8_b.jpg

• Like 2

So is there no F-Type love from anyone? It's the only car thats on my list that no body has mentioned.

The MD where I work has an F type S coupe that will be for sale shortly, he's replacing it with a van! (he's got into motocross).

Lovely looking/ sounding car although I'd worry about the depreciation on them still.

I know it's personal opinion, but I wouldn't have an F-Type if any kind of 911 was on the table. I would be very happy with an F-Type, don't get me wrong - they look and sound great, but they are not in the same league as a Gen 2 997 or a 981 Cayman.

• Like 1