What car next? Porsche? Mustang? Other?

marzman

X6 is one of the ugliest cars of the generation. It's Ssang-Yong Rodius ugly!

X5 is smart, and inoffensive. And I'd still buy the dynamically better Porsche Cayenne.

Do go try a Cayman and a 235/240i. The small BMWs are better than the M4 by some margin.

Agreed on small BMW's, cheeky little remap and they go like bastards too.

For me its absolute sacrilege to consider anything 4x4 without looking at Range Rovers, they are so much more everything than an X5 ........

I'm on my second Range Rover Sport currently - I have an 06 3.6 HSE. I love it, but it feels old now, and i'm waiting for the current shape to drop in value a lot more before i get involved. :thumbs:

I really want to have something new (ish). I really want a car with a digital LCD dash.

• 3 weeks later...

Right... been stewing on this for the last 2 weeks, and all i seem to keep coming back to is the R8. Im thinking get one of these for < £40k... enjoy it for 1-2 years by which time the current shape Range Rover Sport will have depreciated further - so then sell the R8 for what i paid for it, buy an RRS and get a 60's Mustang. B)

I was driving along yesterday thinking to myself 'my current car's fine, i dont need and R8. In fact, screw Audi' etc etc... and literally that very second as i was having this argument with myself, an R8 drove past on the other side of the road and ruined what i was trying to make myself believe. It must have been a sign. :teeth:

• Like 1

I was driving along yesterday thinking to myself 'my current car's fine, i dont need and R8.

Whats your financial plan in 2-3 years time?? Buying a car is never a good way to save money if you have a specific financial goal in mind. Even if a R8 doesn't loss money your still spend money keeping the thing on the road.

If your waiting for the current RR sport to depreciate than why not just keep your current car for 2 years??

But if you just want a new car don't over think things and just buy what you want, man maths and cars hardly ever make financial sense ;)

I was driving along yesterday thinking to myself 'my current car's fine, i dont need and R8.

Whats your financial plan in 2-3 years time?? Buying a car is never a good way to save money if you have a specific financial goal in mind. Even if a R8 doesn't loss money your still spend money keeping the thing on the road.

If your waiting for the current RR sport to depreciate than why not just keep your current car for 2 years??

But if you just want a new car don't over think things and just buy what you want, man maths and cars hardly ever make financial sense ;)

No financial plan... My aim is to keep my monthly outgoings on cars roughly the same indefinitely (excl maintenance). I could get an RRS now for the same price as an R8, but I currently drive the old shape RRS so im thinking whats the point. I might as well get an R8 (orother car) for a couple of years to enjoy.

• Like 1

If you havent driven the V8 R8 I would go drive one first, personally I think they are wooden, uninvolving and very underwhealming, especially for £40k, you might as well be driving an Rs4.

Yeah not driven one yet - but then im unlikely to be tracking it so im only going to be using 30% of it's potential on the road daily so im not that bothered about the dynamics. And it looks waaay better than an RS4.

After selling the Elise and not getting on with the GT86 I've been looking at replacements for some time. Would love a mustang but out of budget and scared of buying a used 987 Cayman. I test drove a few cars and in the end my head and heart came to the practical conclusion that this would work for now.

IMG_20170401_124647_zpsyuohmqrb.jpg

That's a nice looking 1'er. :thumbs:

This is driving me mad... every single day i change my mind.

Yesterday i was adamant i'd get an R8 later in the year. Today im thinking i'll sell my RRS, buy a cheaper 4x4, and get an old Mustang asap. Tomorrow i'll be back to the F-Pace probably.

Arghhhhh. :bang::bangin:

If you can live with the lack of storage space, then the R8 would be a great car to own. Literally the only reason I wrote them off was because of that, otherwise I could well have had one instead of the 911. They're simply brilliant.