What have you done to your zed today?

jr6yam

As we've had a bit of, relatively. decent weather I chucked a bucket of water over the car to get rid of the winter grime

Used Autoglm Rapid Aqua wax for the first time; it's good stuff

Also did an awesome bodge to fix my blowing exhaust, involving a Jubilee clip, a spring and some chemical metal :lol:

(A Milltek system is on order)

Took my Turbosmart BOV off to give it a clean lube as it stuck open on the way to Ace Cafe yesterday so my Supercharger was blowing compressed air down onto the front wheel! All sorted now.

Maybe the GLC could give me a job as a road sweeper......

This weekend was a wash, polish, and wax, together with a bit of attention to some stone chips and conditioning the leather.

Spending some hours properly cleaning the car is quite therapeutic, must do it more often...

This weekend was a wash, polish, and wax, together with a bit of attention to some stone chips and conditioning the leather.

Spending some hours properly cleaning the car is quite therapeutic, must do it more often...

Couldn't agree more :D

Don't we already have one of these or have I missed a subtle difference?

http://www.350z-uk.c.../page__st__1380

Well the subtle difference would be that the other thread implies it is for mods and therefore doesn't allow posts about washing your car.

If you are willing to overlook that and / or allow a wash to count as a mod, then I think you can go ahead and merge them... :lol:

Developed a very annoying metallic rattle from the steering wheel and instrament cluster area. Turned out to be the three 10mm's holding the ECU in place had come loose, yay easy fix.

Next up, intermittent clonking clutch pedal.

Spent 400 smackers sorting out the abortion that was my stereo setup inherited from the previous owner.

It's nothing special now, just a boggo single din bluetooth Sony jobby, but what they told me about what was going on behind the dash and doors was frankly scary. Ended up needing to replace the existing (Chinese) aftermarket amp with a nice focal unit, that's just driving the sub for the time being, I don't need mega power. The standard speaker outs are now going to what were (pleasantly surprisingly) a nice set of Focals behind the seats (the guys fitting the stuff couldn't believe it, suddenly in the middle of this debacle was a single pair of sweeeet speakers. Hey, my first bit of good news from this car), and some Chinese tat in the doors. Replaced the tweeters cos one wasn't working. apparently they were little better than a PC motherboard speaker, so thank god one of them wasn't working :lol:. Inherited aftermarket sub is Chinese but working fine (another pleasant surprise), and I have a listenable system in the car for the first time since getting the car in September and a new dash cubby! Yay! :dance:

Edited by Aashenfox

Don't we already have one of these or have I missed a subtle difference?

http://www.350z-uk.c.../page__st__1380

Apologies,didn't realise there was another thread; not sure a quick clean and an exhaust lash-up constitutes a mod though! ;)

A wash doesn't.

Had the Milltek cat-back system fitted today. Car seems a bit livelier, but it could be my imagination ;)

Also clutch fluid and oil & filter change.

MOT passed; good times

A new exhaust does though ;)

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63759-what-mod-have-you-done-today/page__st__1380 ;)

• Like 1