Meet Zelda

zelda

Hi all,

I'm Dom, and I took a 6 hour round trip to pick up Zelda - my first 350z. She's the newest car I've ever owned, my last was a pretty big spec 22 year old MR2 turbo.

I was looking for a decent example, and waited around for one to come up for sale in black.

Some basic stuff in the pipeline:

• Meticulous clean/detail this weekend
  • Refurb wheels and colour change
  • P1 service
  • Smoked side indicators
  • Figure out how to get my phone connected for bluetooth music (and look as standard as possible)
  • Get the boot to 'pop' open fully

1.jpg

Dom - Essex

• Like 2

Hi Dom welcome along

For the bluetooth, there is a basic connection if you check in the arm rest compartment if there is a box there its the BT unit, many are missing though from the cars.

The boots do sometimes lose the pop, if you search on here for the 'penny trick' and try that you might get some joy.

Welcome

• Figure out how to get my phone connected for bluetooth music (and look as standard as possible)

For the bluetooth, there is a basic connection if you check in the arm rest compartment if there is a box there its the BT unit, many are missing though from the cars.

Just to clarify, that BT is only for handsfree, it won't work for streaming music. For that you'll need something aftermarket (new headunit or 3.5mm BT adapter connected to a cassette adapter or aux cable if you do the Bose hack).

Edited by Strudul

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Nice to see the forum is active!

I have the complete BT module in the cubby hole, and as you've said I found can't be used for audio. I'm looking for something as stock looking as possible on that front. Planning to go to the Essex meet this week so hopefully some brave soul who's done the Bose hack before can talk me though it.

The boot pop video and link is most helpful, thanks. I'll go ahead and get that sorted next Just bought them! And bought a stubby ariel earlier. :D

Edited by zelda

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Nice to see the forum is active!

I have the complete BT module in the cubby hole, and as you've said I found can't be used for audio. I'm looking for something as stock looking as possible on that front. Planning to go to the Essex meet this week so hopefully some brave soul who's done the Bose hack before can talk me though it.

Easy - can't go wrong.

Edited by Strudul