Have I ruined my new tyre??

gstraw

Long story short i didn't realise I had a flat rear tyre and drove 10 miles on it. It's ran quite a bit on the sidewalls. Pumped it up now but is it worth repairing or so I need a new one? It's only 4 weeks old! MPSS!

8aeeb3be7fe25c6e2968d14388a4fa45.jpg

8ad3bd21752e5c8da36ec98cc6a9e7ea.jpgb8ed59b2577686969bdc555a5b07a541.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. For my liking it's fubar.

It's not only the rubber on the outside that you've worn off its also on the inside.

Guess you've got to ask is it worth the risk.

Perhaps ask the tyre garage to rip it off and inspect the inner wall.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Im well gutted cuz it's literally 4 weeks old! Should our cars not have tyre pressure system? I got black circles to replace all the tyres. Can I complain to them and say that they didn't replace or give me back my TPMS?

It wasn't completely flat no but I'm now wondering if I should contact black circles and ask why the hell the TPMS system maybe wasn't back in? TBH I don't know what the TPMS looks like and how it works. Is it possible them didn't replace it again after fitting?

TPMS is on 2012 and newer iirc, the light comes on when the pressure drops by around 4 psi . You need a dealer to reset it and/or recode new sensors , they are about £45 each and are part of the tyre valve , they look like the GTR ones but dunno if they are the same

Personally I wouldnt run that tyre on my car

Edited by Richf
  • Like 1

Definitely replace as you will have damaged the internal side wall.

Not worth the risk.

What price is a life ?

Tend to agree with Alex sorry gstraw.

I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable doing any sort of higher speeds on that tyre for sure. Doubly so with it being a rear tyre on a rwd car as well.

• Like 1

I have to agree with docwra .. I think it would be ok. I've had tyres worn down on banded steel wheels so low that the metal braiding was sticking out like a worn toothbrush ( not used on public highways I'd like to be known ) and not even a slow puncture in that condition... If you are unsure about it still then you best have a new one for peace of mind but I know what I would do. Good luck

Definitely replace as you will have damaged the internal side wall.

Not worth the risk.

What price is a life ?

Guys it's a fecking tyre.....It is literally the thing that connects you to the road.

A 70mph blowout isn't going to be any fun.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Talking of tyres,I was highly shamed by Malcolm@Davey automotive,Redditch.Saturday took 370 in for oil/filter change,Malcolm who is meticulous in his work,highly recommend any Warwickshire Zeds talk to him first..checked everything,cleaned panel filters,topped all the fluids up and more....& found all 4 tyre pressures @ 25 !!!! Shocking I know....they looked fine pressure wise & ive owned this Z since June & always thought it pulled in a very strange way especially on the straights you would always be correcting the steering.

Now feeling a complete muppet know why...it's like driving a totally different car!! Gonna check em every week now??

Anyway that's my confession for the week.....waiting for all the deserved harsh comments

Wife wants me to replace it. I'll check if the walls are okay on the inside. Garages I took it today (went to 3) said it looked alright and more superficial. Costco guy said he would run it but he can't do a picture repair because it's got some sidewall damage and against their policy.

Where's the best place t get a single tyre? Anyone bought some recently? Costco are £228 fitted. Similar to black circles