Robot Wars is returning

glrnet

You guys should check out battlebots (the american version) its just about to start its second season. The 'Tested' you tube channel ran a preview of some of this years contestants last week.

http://www.tested.co...016-battlebots/

There was one robot that had a humanoid top part and was controlled by an roboteer wearing an exoskeleton.

One with a flame throwing drone that could detach and fly around the arena

Anouther with a lidar camera that locked on their weapon to a target and auto fired it when in range.

You can probably download last seasons episodes. The one with the mystery present box was hilarious - not going to spoil it though

UnlinedSickHorse-mobile.jpg

Edited by Randy_Baton

The only gripe I have is the presenters #notveryinteresting

As above Razor was the ultimate machine with a huge amount of design and development, not just a box, wheels and a flipper. Loved it's "I'm hard as f##k" standing on its tail and wings if I recall, great machine.

Although Chaos 2 which I think was masterminded by "George" as mentioned above. They won a number of series, clever machine but for me was just a flipper, all be it a bloody good one.

• Like 2

I was a massive fan and have just finished watching the reruns (Gold or Challenge, cant remember which) - it would be mental to see what people can come up with these days with additional technology.

Razer was immense but was also immensely expensive, the best robot IMO was Typhoon 2 as it just minced everything it touched. And presenters? Craig Charles is a penis but the girls were tidy, good work.

hypno- disc was pretty good as well back in the day :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypno-Disc

If I recall it died of a very sorry robot death! Thing is there were far too many restrictions. That thing needed knifes or hammers attached to the wheel doing 8000rpm. Not a couple of spikes and 1000 rpm. But I guess it has to be safe to a certain degree.

The Razor team have been quite active on FB indicating they may be returning, which can only be a good thing! I just wish they were allowed to cause more damage, it seems most teams had a gentlemens agreement to cease once they incapacitated them.

I also just finished watching the series on repeat (think it was on Challenge) and brought back so many good memories. Those spinners like Hypnodisc and Typhoon 2 caused so much damage on just one hit when spun up.

Can't wait for the new series, even with boring presenters :D

Just watched the first episodes of this years Battlebots - only 1hr 30 minutes long.... probably around 15 minutes of actual battle though.

The razor team haven't gone away they've just been competing in America. They were in this weeks Battlebots. This is their new robot Warhead, it splits flames obviously....

and its massive

warhead_team2016-1140x602.jpg

All the new competitors they bigged up were rubbish. The drones just crashed, the exoskeleton controller didn't work and the lidar one was top heavy and kept failing over.

Edited by Randy_Baton

I've just watched battlebots on YouTube too, and it's essentially robot wars to the extreme. Much better rules (ie almost anything goes) and there is so much more damage with the various flails/rotating barrels.

And I really like the robot 'complete control'. Watch the battle against bombshell. Cc eventually grabs it and then roasts it to f*** with an insane flamethrower.

Hopefully the new robot wars will be similar

Been there done that :lol:

Razor is from down here as well, was fun for a while but it got silly with the new rules so we bailed, may be fun to watch it again sometime though :shrug:

I've just watched battlebots on YouTube too, and it's essentially robot wars to the extreme. Much better rules (ie almost anything goes) and there is so much more damage with the various flails/rotating barrels.

And I really like the robot 'complete control'. Watch the battle against bombshell. Cc eventually grabs it and then roasts it to f*** with an insane flamethrower.

Hopefully the new robot wars will be similar

Complete control was the one who used that present box, they showed a clip of it in this weeks episode. I think that victory from last year store should have stood, they looked at the rulebook and noticed no entanglement weapons had been removed from the rules so went with it.