The best car you've owned

Jimmyflo

Thought I'd start this as we already have the worst.

This is hard for me because I've loved so many of my cars. It's a tough choice between my first s2 rs turbo, s2000 and the zed. I think the zed probably edges it as its more useable than the s2k and the noise is just awesome.

Present car beats anything I have previously driven ... 997.2 Carrera S PDK Convertible

I was going to replace the z with a 997 but I'm struggling to run the zed and have fun so I think I'm going to have to go back to a hot hatch :(

No it was just me in the car, just a minor cut to the head where I hit it on the frame of the roof. Pretty much got too big for my boots and got too enthusiastic in the wet, done an abrupt 3rd to 4th change whilst flat out and lost the back end, won't say how fast I was going but I'm sure you can get a good idea from me saying I was on the limiter in 3rd. Quite lucky I walked away from it really, took me a while to start driving rwd again.

• Like 1

No it was just me in the car, just a minor cut to the head where I hit it on the frame of the roof. Pretty much got too big for my boots and got too enthusiastic in the wet, done an abrupt 3rd to 4th change whilst flat out and lost the back end, won't say how fast I was going but I'm sure you can get a good idea from me saying I was on the limiter in 3rd. Quite lucky I walked away from it really, took me a while to start driving rwd again.

Well you live & learn and we've all speeded without a doubt. The main thing is nobody was really hurt (bar your minor cut) and you walked away. :thumbs:

• Like 1

VX220, still look at the classifieds every week to see whats out there...not much comes close in terms of raw driving appeal, made my zed feel like some sort of bumper car. Completely impractical of course and leaked a bit but good god it felt like climbing into a formula 1 car every time I drove it.

• Like 1

Nissan Primera GT.

SR20DE

Air Con

Leather seats

Super super comfy

Quick

Great noise

Handled amazing

Z is NOW the best car.

PS how clunky is Photobucket these days!?

prim4.jpg

b4nafta.jpg

IMG000242.jpg

Edited by TT350
  • Like 2

My current 350Z. If I could have one of my old cars back though it'd be the Capri 2.8i I owned from 1985-1987, however looking on the gov site it would appear that it was scrapped in 2001. Another good one was the RS Turbo (G622 PLG) I owned for almost 12 years from 1989-2001 and that one is still on the road although the mileage now reads 25,040, somewhat less than the 116,000 it had on it when I sold it :surrender:

Pete

• Like 2

I had an RS turbo given to me as a company car when I was 24!!

What a great car, seemed super quick at the time, ok so I built up 9 penalty points for speeding in 2 months, but I had such great fun with it....

Was a shame, the company I worked for went into liquidation and I had to get a new job, with a new company car....an Austin Montego 1.6l (well it was the recession after all) What an absolute pile of s**t

Oh well you take the rough with the smooth I guess....

Our first works van, a VW transporter t4, we've had it for 16 years now and although we don't really use it much I just can't bring myself to sell it. The thing is bomb proof. I keep trying to talk my son into having it as a camper van but he's not interested. Other than that the only car I really regret selling was the Caterham 7, totally impractical but never failed to make me smile.

• Like 1

Civic type r fn2

Better than the 370?

Atm yes even after 6 months I'm still getting used to the Z, I modded the civic exactly how I wanted it had it on track etc I could push it to the limit knowing I could handle it not to mention it's practicality big boot rear seats, I'm getting there with the nissan going to throw a few more mods at it to get it where I want then a few track sessions may follow, one thing for sure is the Z gets more attention it's a beautifully shaped car

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk