v-tec just kicked in .....yo ...... pg21

Bodyboarder81

I must admit, i can see where Doc is coming from, unless your hankering for the V8 or M3 looks, which to tbf doesnt really look any better than the 1 imho, the 1 series is an attractive package at half the price.

I havent been in a 135i, but have been in a 1M and M3, the 1M was much more memorable and felt so much more nimble.

Edited by Jetpilot

I refer you back to the last paragraph on my previous post - a 135i is not going to be a GTR beater on track, and wont come close to a slightly breathed on F82 M4 no matter what you do to it. However, I cant think of anything else that will get you this level of performance, comfort and particularly driving enjoyment for so little outlay - if youre looking at spending upwards of £20K on an E92 M3 then Id strongly advise taking a second look at the 1 and 2 series, they are more fun for less cost.

I don't disagree with you, which is why I kept my 335i for so long, and personally I wouldn't waste my money on any M car, not when other cars in the range can be made just as good. But a GTR is in a different league and if regular track work is involved than I cannot think of a better car.

No idea if that's what the OP is after though. GTRs aren't that much to buy but their high running costs can only be justified if your using them to their full potential (on the track), and my total lack of need for track day work GTRs were never going to be on my list of potential cars :(.

Well bought this today ! Not to everyone's taste I know but a very very nice car , that's an absolute joy to drive sedately and crazy when you want it to be ... Very impressed with the dtc system . I'll be getting it in a couple weeks , as a wheel needs a refurb and some other bits and bobs bring sorted . Really happy to find a clean , 1 owner m3 , the last they made on a 13 plate and with the competition package on it . Full review soon :)

DABBCEC8-E479-4995-AB96-6BB49BE8C00B_zpsbsj89nnu.jpg

• Like 6

^^ Worst "new car" picture ever. :lol::D

Very nice. B)

Ya sorry , forgot to take any good ones really . I'll get some better ones when it's at my house :)

I was only pulling your leg a little but yes can't wait to see some better pictures once you get it home.

Great cars BMW's imo, ...my old man has had loads of them. B);)

• Like 1

Noooo I am shocked. I also test drove a 12 plate V8 on Monday and it felt very similar to the 70 but unfortunately bigger and not really any quicker. Especially not for 2x the price!

They look great and make a nice noise but are really not special at all....especially compared with your 50! IMO of course.

• Like 2

Ya always new I would get mixed opinions on it but I love it ! Yes it's not so individual as my 50 was and to be honest my zed was probably quicker . But the quality is a huge leap up ... And it's by far quicker than a standard 50/70 imo . Yes they are pricey but should only depreciate they same as any other car and when I sell I know it will be worth a bit still . Is it worth double what a nice 50/70 costs, Honestly ...... No . But if that's the price they are and I wanted to get into one , then that's what I had to pay !

Anyway , thanks for everyone's input and I'll be sure to keep you posted on it and what i have planned for it :)

• Like 1

Noooo I am shocked. I also test drove a 12 plate V8 on Monday and it felt very similar to the 70 but unfortunately bigger and not really any quicker. Especially not for 2x the price!

They look great and make a nice noise but are really not special at all....especially compared with your 50! IMO of course.

Did it really not feel that much quicker? I genuinely thought it would be quite a significant difference over the 370?