Jada Pinkett Smith Oscar comments

docwra

Dont know if youve seen it but Jada Pinkett smith (wife of Will Smith) has made some comments about there being no black actors in the actor categories for the Oscars this year, apparently there wasnt any last year either.

This is indeed the case and she has a right to point it out, but some of the language she has used is outrageous IMO - apparently non whites are a "dignified people" ....... and theres me thinking that we were all the same at the end of the day regardless of our skin colour. Theres also an awful lot of "us, we, them" in there, I thought we got past that @*!# 30 years ago? :dry:

British actors have had a raw deal at the Oscars in the past but I dont remember us saying it was a consipiracy, and upon checking, in 80 years there have only been 52 non American actors win an Oscar, does that mean the whole world should boycott the awards too Jada? Also, what about Asians, Orientals and South Americans? Do they miss out because they dont have a famous actor spokesperson? :dry:

Its supposed to be for the "best", so if we start artificially including black actors how does that work? Similarly, can we have some whites in the BET and MOBOs next year? Livid. :angry:

• Like 1

She's a f*cking idiot. Jealous because her husband didn't get nominated, that's all.

Sometimes it seems like the people of colour (for that's how she refers to her ethnic group) are the ones carrying on the race issue when they're missing the point entirely. Still, she got her column inches today so she can feel smug about herself at least.

Sanctimonious toss piece. No idea why an apparently decent guy like Will puts up with her.

• Like 8

The Oscars stopped being about "The Best" anything when Forest Gump beat Pulp Fiction to Best Picture and Christian Slater said it best in True Romance.

"You know, Lee, most of these movies that win a lot of Oscars, I can’t stand. They’re all safe, geriatric, coffee-table dogsh!t, y’know?…All those a55holes make are unwatchable movies from unreadable books. Mad Max, that’s a movie. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, THAT’S a movie. Rio Bravo, THAT’S a movie".

FWIW I think she's right to have a pop, if only to upset the Oscar people and get them to look beyond the latest Spielberg/Ron Howard/James Cameron "epic".

• Like 1

Well here's a thought, maybe none of them have actually been any good during the last 2 years

She's a f*cking idiot. Jealous because her husband didn't get nominated, that's all.

Sometimes it seems like the people of colour (for that's how she refers to her ethnic group) are the ones carrying on the race issue when they're missing the point entirely. Still, she got her column inches today so she can feel smug about herself at least.

Sanctimonious toss piece. No idea why an apparently decent guy like Will puts up with her.

Same reason Mrs Morgan puts up with you Dan ;)
  • Like 3

MOBOs

Could you imagine the absolute the carnage if someone said we are going to have MOWO's, music of white origin........

You could even point out, hang on, there is the mobos, why cant we have mowos, of course it would be racist.....

A few "people of colour" are backing her allegedly with a boycott and the person in charge of the Oscars has been reported to taken the comments very seriously.

• Like 2

Shouldn't at least 20% of the nominated actors be Chinese if we are going off racial diversity?

If Leo DiCaprio doesnt get one this year I'm giving up , movies like the Departed, Catch me if you can, Titanic, Wolf of Wall Street should all have got him one , as for Will Smith , do me a favour , not in the same league

• Like 1

Shouldn't at least 20% of the nominated actors be Chinese if we are going off racial diversity?

If Leo DiCaprio doesnt get one this year I'm giving up , movies like the Departed, Catch me if you can, Titanic, Wolf of Wall Street should all have got him one , as for Will Smith , do me a favour , not in the same league

Don't forget django too. One of my favourite scenes with him was at the table near the end. He slashed his hand open with the glass (?) and just carried on with the scene.

Apparently there are more awards ceremonies in Hollywood than there are days of the year - so much so that big actors like Tom Hanks receive about a hundred a year and isn't there to pick up 95 of them. The whole 'celebrity' industry has built itself up to genuinely believe that they do a very important job, that everyone wants to hear what they have to say and that the world couldn't get by without them. I rarely watch TV and always skip the 'celebrity' news online and in papers as its all quite frankly B0110CK5.

• Like 2

I think the US are decades behind the UK as far as racial equality goes. There is still very much an Us and Them culture over there whereas i think most normal people over here dont notice skin colour anymore.
You've got that right. It was very clearly illustrated by Mel Brooks in Blazing Saddles in 1974!! Possibly one of the most un pc films ever made poking fun at how wrongly the USA "dealt" with their own problems. He used racism as a way to point

out how pathetic racists really are. Brilliantly funny too.

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

• Like 1

The Oscars stopped being about "The Best" anything when Forest Gump beat Pulp Fiction to Best Picture and Christian Slater said it best in True Romance.

"You know, Lee, most of these movies that win a lot of Oscars, I can’t stand. They’re all safe, geriatric, coffee-table dogsh!t, y’know?…All those a55holes make are unwatchable movies from unreadable books. Mad Max, that’s a movie. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, THAT’S a movie. Rio Bravo, THAT’S a movie".

FWIW I think she's right to have a pop, if only to upset the Oscar people and get them to look beyond the latest Spielberg/Ron Howard/James Cameron "epic".

I thought forest gump prevented goodfellas from getting the oscar?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Edited by Deano94

I thought forest gumption prevented goodfellas from getting the oscar?

Apparently all the people who decide the nominations are white males AVERAGE age 63, that's bloody progressive :surrender:

Not only did it beat Pulp Fiction, but also Shawshank.

BEST PICTURE 1995

WINNER

FORREST GUMP

Wendy Finerman, Steve Tisch and Steve Starkey, Producers

NOMINEES

FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL

Duncan Kenworthy, Producer

PULP FICTION

Lawrence Bender, Producer

QUIZ SHOW

Robert Redford, Michael Jacobs, Julian Krainin and Michael Nozik, Producers

THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION

Niki Marvin, Producer

https://www.oscars.org/oscars/ceremonies/1995

• Like 2

e5dee7123bb7af70ab2f46ae006e5cf2.jpg

I remember Eddie Murphy telling Oprah Whinfrey years ago in an interview that he wouldn't data a white woman. That attitude always struck me as strange and irresponsible thing to say in public. You can imagine the reaction if a really high profile white actor (he was seriously famous at the time) said he wouldn't date a black woman. :dry:

^^ Its like the nigger/nigga thing, if a white person says it its racist and abusive (most cases probably right), but if a black person says it, its ackowledgement of their past, we were all slaves once, white, black etc why do some want to cling onto it?

^^ Its like the nigger/nigga thing, if a white person says it its racist and abusive (most cases probably right), but if a black person says it, its ackowledgement of their past, we were all slaves once, white, black etc why do some want to cling onto it?

Because they know white folk can't use the "N" word :surrender: It's all abit tiresome really. Good and bad folk in every race and unfortunately the bad folk have a bigger audience than they ever used to on soical media et al. Unfortuantely the knock on effect of that is that more and more people seem to believe the bile they spout and it becomes a self propogating cesspit. Sad times. :wacko:

Because they know white folk can't use the "N" word :surrender: It's all abit tiresome really. Good and bad folk in every race and unfortunately the bad folk have a bigger audience than they ever used to on soical media et al. Unfortuantely the knock on effect of that is that more and more people seem to believe the bile they spout and it becomes a self propogating cesspit. Sad times. :wacko:

Donald Trump!

• Like 1

Not only did it beat Pulp Fiction, but also Shawshank.

BEST PICTURE 1995

WINNER

FORREST GUMP

Wendy Finerman, Steve Tisch and Steve Starkey, Producers

NOMINEES

FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL

Duncan Kenworthy, Producer

PULP FICTION

Lawrence Bender, Producer

QUIZ SHOW

Robert Redford, Michael Jacobs, Julian Krainin and Michael Nozik, Producers

THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION

Niki Marvin, Producer

https://www.oscars.o...ceremonies/1995

Thats because forest gump is the mutha fcking best film evar!!! other than cast away lol