Howdy y'all,

Jazz

Hi all,

I'm Jazz from West Sussex, serial car enthusiast/tuner/Nurburgring driver, Evo Mag reader etc etc... you probably get the picture.

27 years old, owned quite a few nippy rides over the last few years (numerous Type R's, WRX STI Prodrive, E46 M3, 450hp GTO, 200sx S14a, S2 Avant and others) and for the last 4 months, driving my company car 2015 C-Class is getting a bit tedious. Time for a toy.... Recently sold my beloved 2006 CLS63 AMG (only car I kept factory stock actually), now I want something inexpensive, fun to drive, basic(ish) with few driving aids, RWD, manual gearbox (Lord, these company car autos are doing my head in) and just something that I can find an excuse to jump into on a sunday morning and go for a morning blast in.... And I haven't owned a 350z yet, so thats what I'm (hopefully) picking up soon. Seeing a few this week, looking at earlier cars (pre-06 for the cheaper tax) so shortly I'll be in team Zed! Driven these many times, my cousin has a Vortech V3 350Z with circa 450bhp which is phenomenal but for me as a second car, a standard car will do the job just fine... Well, we'll see how long I can resist tinkering with it!

Looking forward to getting to know the forum and learning more about the Zed World :)

Edited by Jazz

I personally never understood the tax savings myself, wasn't bothered by it. Yes it's an extra £240 odd but instead you get a facelift car. More power, nicer interior and nicer lights. The lights alone are going to cost you roughly that much EACH to upgrade to a facelift.

If I can be rude, what sort of budget you got?

Just cause then you can get some ideas from people looking to sell on here :)

Any limit on mileage/number of owners etc - some people are more fussy than others, just trying to cover some bases :)

If you can, I'd personally try and stretch for a nice HR model, get even more power, and loves being revved out - and the power bulge... phwoar they're nice!!

What about colours? I personally can't stand the blue and silver/gunmetal 350s but hey to each their own.

Just give us an idea what you're after and I'm sure we can all chip in to help :)

Thanks all. Looks to be a pretty friendly forum this.

Mike- thanks or the welcome. Tax savings- the Zed for me simply going to be second/weekend car so I'm looking to keep things cheap(ish) as I'm looking to save for other things next year. I very nearly took out a pcp on a 2015 Nismo 370z a few months back but after a re-evaluation I'm going to be sensible- the AMG was a high tax bracket car but now I'm deciding to keep costs down- she will only be used for relaxing weekend drives and the occasional Nurburging blitz, 6-7k miles a year max.

Driven both the DE and HR engines- yes the HR is better but I don't know. Neither lump feels 'fast' to me, but they both sound tuneful, are torquey and have a nice wide powerband which is enough for me. Looking for a Cabrio as well as I miss open top fun from my old M3.... whenever its not raining, down it comes!

If anyone can convince me why I should put my hand in my pocket and get the HR, I'm all ears :)

Welcome ive got the 2015 nismo and tbh id go for the 350z route and mod the @*!# out of it haha had nothing but problems with this car clutch going afyer 6000 miles boot doesnt open correctly daytime run lights full of condensation already although i do love it for sheer driving when i can afford to move on i will