Japday Review - TT Article #13 **Page 8**

Grundy

What a great read, although I was somewhat surprised at the point he states his ripe old age of 35! I mean, come on, really - it made me feel even older than the 10+ years I have on him 😄

So, to answer the question, yes keep them coming

• Like 2

Must admit I was surprised at the 35 bit haha! Some of his posts on here elude to 'grumpy old man' status :lol::p

But what a great, well written article! No waffle, easy to read and will reach out to all audiences!

If all future blogs/articles are as good as this then you are on to a winner ;)

• Like 3

Must admit I was surprised at the 35 bit haha! Some of his posts on here elude to 'grumpy old man' status :lol::p

But what a great, well written article! No waffle, easy to read and will reach out to all audiences!

If all future blogs/articles are as good as this then you are on to a winner ;)

He's just a lad :)
  • Like 1

Exactly what I did. Granted, I knew Grundy and StevoD from on here, but you never really know what people will be like in real life. Luckily everyone I chatted with was awesome, even folks I'd never met before, and people on other stands were so friendly as well. I felt bad walking past one guy who had clearly bought enough food to feed an army, giving away freshly cooked burgers, but I was so stuffed to eat that I couldn't fit anything else in! :lol:

I'd actually argue that the Jap scene is the friendliest one I know, or certainly on a par with the Lotus one. That's very high praise indeed. Never be afraid to go and start a conversation.p, you'd be surprised at how many folks are willing to chat about card for hours on end to complete strangers :)

Edited by Ekona

Exactly what I did. Granted, I knew Grundy and StevoD from on here, but you never really know what people will be like in real life. Luckily everyone I chatted with was awesome, even folks I'd never met before, and people on other stands were so friendly as well. I felt bad walking past one guy who had clearly bought enough food to feed an army, giving away freshly cooked burgers, but I was so stuffed to eat that I couldn't fit anything else in! :lol:

I'd actually argue that the Jap scene is the friendliest one I know, or certainly on a par with the Lotus one. That's very high praise indeed. Never be afraid to go and start a conversation.p, you'd be surprised at how many folks are willing to chat about card for hours on end to complete strangers :)

Think we have a article idea ;)

Great write up Dan and on a nice looking website too. B)

I'm around the same age as you Dan and tbh I don't think I'll ever stop modifying my cars.

True I'm not doing anything much with my current car the CTR (other than I've painted the calipers black & added a new gear gaiter) but I'm just biding my time till my next car which I'm hoping will be something a bit more special, ...like my supercharged Zed was to me. ;)

Only person I've met on here was buster wasn't at a meet, was round his house, he was proper spot on like big age difference but had so much in common loved learning bits and bobs that I didn't before

Bob ( Buster) must be nearly dead in comparison to us 35 year olds :lol:

Great article and bring on some more :)

• Like 3

Got to say Grundy, I totally admire your dedication and enthusiasm :)

I have not been into the scene since Vw (beetles etc) days back in the late 80's, early 90's and bike scene mid 90's. Quite a different era as there was no internet to speak of, the only chance you got to see cars was at shows or magazines, always used to come back full of ideas you had seen at shows :)

• Like 1

If your a car enthusiast it never leaves you take my old man for example who is solely responsible for my love of cars in the 80s always had a xr3i or rs turbo on the drive and has had his current vectra gsi for 14 years at 68 I'd forgive him for getting something sensible and economical but called round yesterday to find him sat in a 64 plate focus st3 estate in white looking very smug, I said are you happy with it his response was once he wears the tyres down the wheels will be getting coated black enough said really 😆

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's a great wee read that! Very nice article indeed.... and one more thing... Dan is only 5 years older than me?! I thought he was like 50 odds pml :lol: :lol: :blush::ninja: (or did I read it wrong? lol)

Edited by AMT